[3D Fan Movie] Armored Core: Limit Release

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can help you if you want, I'll write something for you by monday. If that doesn't pose you any problem that is.

A few things you'll have to precise though, if it is post LR, or whatever generation or timeline it takes place in.

Its more a case of finding something to link the time line how I rewrote it...

So far the Setting is after AC2, because it has an open ending to it, Mars is still inconflict with all the corporations

The time line, to make sense out of it ends up like this..

Global Nuclear War > AC3 > SL > NX > NB > LR > Great Destruction > AC1 > PP > MOA > AC2

I have a plot to which I want to flesh out over the course of the animation, its a plot mixing all of the AC games in the timeline order.

What I need to find out , or rather tie up , is the connection in MOA when Nineball says "The corporations the Ravens Nest, I made them all , I was built to protect humanity" , if I can find out what that AI`s goal is , where it was started , then I have the entire plot worked out.

I assume it was created before the great destruction in anticipation of humanity destroying itself. Its goals are to keep an economy going through constant fighting and preventing anyone from obtaining too much power to cause another great destruction to happen.

Okay, a few things.

One: That's awesome.

Two, three, and four: You got the wrong color of the blade, but you made the blade looks awesome anyway. The legs look a tad too close together and something is off about the boosters/back units.

Nice song choice, too.

I`ll leave a couple of things here , cause I know people are gonna talk about em anyway...

The shinyness of the model doesnt matter because its tweaked so that it shines depending on where it catches the light and also where the camera is looking , I had 3 lights in that scene , thats why it looks so damn shiny lol.

As for the blade , I dont mind about it being the wrong colour , call it custom if you will , artists gotta have some control over his creations ^^, as for the legs , its cause they are not posed.

The shine reminds me of BEAST WARS, I think it should be less shiny to show the battles it's been through.

The shinyness of the model doesnt matter because its tweaked so that it shines depending on where it catches the light and also where the camera is looking , I had 3 lights in that scene , thats why it looks so damn shiny lol.

haha, sorry, I was just saying, regardless, with the war torn conditions of the ACs, even if there were 3 suns in the sky there shouldn't be almost any reflective shine at all. But don't mind me haha, I don't know how 3D modeling works. Everything looks really good so far, can't wait for more progress

I was going to have a AC test for the animation I am doing for the game dev con on the 27th to show off what I can do , but instead I have opt`d for a good old AC battle in the middle of no where , so.... Im doing Limit Breaker vs A tank style AC , trying to build the Tank style AC as quick as humanly possible lol.

This is awesome indeed. So the blade you put on this AC... what will be it's stats? It's supposed to be a powerful short range one, but you're turning it in some kind of moonlight... But that blade is fucking awesome, that's what counts!

I want to see that gun being fired... Badly.

Blades only like that for the animation ;) , I would have made the moonlight but I didnt have enough reference from all angles for it unfortunately , as my first thoughts when constructing a blade where .... "wonder if I can find enough reference for the Moonlight" , besides which the length of the blade is only because it looked abit cooler having it that length ^^;; , as for the Karasawa and stuff I`ll hopefully have this all done animated and with effects and stuff by the 27th , cause thats What I am aiming for currently ,working my ass off here to get the tank legs unwrapped and baked so I can do the vixen core and a head to go with the machine gun arms , then have some back mounted weapon and then rig it , texture it and boom ingame to fight.

On a side not , can anyone get me the sound effects from AC? It would be the icing on the cake atm.

4:30 freaking am , and I am still working on the low poly vixen core.. jeez lol

Did the blasted core today , 3ds was being such a bitch , not far to go now.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would bump this topic abit seeing as I am going to be doing high poly work again soon, I decided to create my own section in the gallery to show off every image so far in the project, including the work in progress stuff that I dont normally show, so do check it out.

In other news back to work for me, just keep working and everything will come together eventually lol.

All of the art has been approved and is visible! If you guys haven't been keeping up with his moddb updates check out the pictures now! >Link<

Im looking now and OMG >< Im loving this ;) I really REALLY cant wait for him to be done. Keep up the good work Moodydata ;)