Street Fighter - ACU Fight Videos

Harakiri Tiger

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your turtle fuerte from the deejay match. I once used a turtle dudley 0_o. Wasn't bad either, I just decided I wanted to go aggro.

How in the hell does one Turtle Dudley? That seems kind of like an oxymoron.

Also, I also like dat Turtling, especially with how he took advantage of the mentality it created and came out of the gate swinging next round. Good stuff.

Also, I also like dat Turtling, especially with how he took advantage of the mentality it created and came out of the gate swinging next round. Good stuff.

bingo. he froze completely when I went after him

You push the opponent into a corner, just outside of jab range and instead of attacking you try to counter whatever you see/think they (will) do. If they jump you jet upper or cr.HP, if they try low poke you counter with cr. MP, if they walk forward his cr.lp is 3 frame startup and +2 frame advantage on block, st.HP and f+HP stuff a lot of highs, and if they start to focus you throw in some lp MGBs.

I think of turtling as waiting for opportunity, and not just staying away. But Dudley was made for rushdown so it's more intuitive to just play him that way.

You push the opponent into a corner, just outside of jab range and instead of attacking you try to counter whatever you see/think they (will) do. If they jump you jet upper or cr.HP, if they try low poke you counter with cr. MP, if they walk forward his cr.lp is 3 frame startup and +2 frame advantage on block, st.HP and f+HP stuff a lot of highs, and if they start to focus you throw in some lp MGBs.

I think of turtling as waiting for opportunity, and not just staying away. But Dudley was made for rushdown so it's more intuitive to just play him that way.

Thats not turtling. This is the main goal charge characters (VEGA and Balrog) wanna do when they corner an opponent. that's just corner pressure.

You having an Ippo icon should already know what Operation Turtle is all about.

Skip it, I have no idea what turtling is anymore.

Turtling is playing to not lose. plain and simple. Turtling is me betting my defense is better then your offense.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/play-styles.html

me making a Cammy feel stupid.

Messing with Gouken.... Edited by Densuo

Your pretty agressive when trolling noobs.

If I feel they're weak/don't know what they're doing I'm going to attack with abandon.There's no point in holding back or going into complicated tricks and setups if doing ONE thing gets it done.

the Gouken player was expecting me to do like noob Fuertes who just splash all day, so I went with grabs.

a friend on Shoryuken.com said it best.

"I assume my opponent is at least experienced with his character, if not you should just throw away your strategy and wait for him to kill himself. You can't mix up a blind man. and you can't out think a brick"

Honestly (though I haven't played a fighting game in years, so its all old theory) Fuerte looks like his turtle game could be unraveled by pressuring him into action then punishing his grabs and sweeps (if I'm thinking about this right).

Honestly (though I haven't played a fighting game in years, so its all old theory) Fuerte looks like his turtle game could be unraveled by pressuring him into action then punishing his grabs and sweeps (if I'm thinking about this right).

his crouching HK (Sweep) and his Running Sweep (Habanero dash forward. then press HK) are different. I have crHK down to a science to trick people I have LOTS of mixups just off this move alone and it can be very safe. But any naked run slide should be punished.

I turtle with him. but most other fuertes dont. My fuerte is weak compared to the likes of TKD, Tetsu and GiPie. My buddy SpabRog has some nasty stuff with him. I turtle with him because quite frankly, he can kill the clock like few can. His EX Run can absorb two hits. Four if done right, he has the best wall jump in the game which can be controlled distance wise.

Fuerte has LOADS of unsafe stuff and some of the changes in AE hurt him. but in return he gets an uber safe jab that's better then balrog's(i'm not kidding).

also. watch out for Armor Cancel ultra. its one of the reasons Ultra Spark was nerfed.

AE Changes:

Negative changes

All Guacamole Leg Throws (Dragon punch + K) have increased recovery.

Ultra Spark start up increased from 3 frames to 4. Distance traveled shortened, damage lowered.

ALL invincibility on Propeller Tortilla removed (ouch... seriously)

Positive Changes

Sudden Stop (LP at any time during forwad or back Habanero dash) has been made faster, he stopped in 3 frames. now it's a 1 frame stop.

Close Fierce range increased

The above two changes makes his Run Stop Fierce loop easier to do. be afraid.

Crouching Light punch and far light punch has been made faster (4 frames to 3) and now has more priority, we initially thought it wasnt a big deal... but..... Crouching LP can chain now. It still cancels to Habanero Dash.

Certain normals seem to have more priority then before.

Why capcom???

Guacamole trade still exists

Back run deadzone still exists

Edited by Densuo

Ima scrub. play me.

if we're buddies, send me an invite. If I'm playing cod, there's a good chance I'm playing solo and I'll prob quit. There's no hope if I'm playing mass effect though, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...