• AC3
    • SL
    • NX
    • NB
    • LR
    • AC4
    • ACFA

My first was AC2:AA.

I was looking through a local Hollywood Video rental shop for a game to play with a friend and it somehow caught my eye. After that we took it home, built some AC's using the free 100k Credits they give you at the start of AC2:AA and then we took it to VS mode and totally blew ass at it. It was like 4 hours of epic fun. I'll never forget OBing off the Aircraft Carrier level like 20x.

Aircraft Carrier level was like our favorite back then. Haha.

My first taste of AC was when I was with my parents in another town, we were at Wal-Mart, walking by the video game section, the rest was a blur, I remember seeing robots, being able to FLY, shooting things with a gun and a LAZER BLADE, then I remember my mom saying "we have to leave, let's go." In my heart, I whispered, "I'll see you again."

That was Silent Line, as I recall, I am not even sure how I knew it was Silent Line, but I know.

A long time has passed, now I'm older, and is able to buy the games I want. It's an unknown time of the day, I am inside GameStop in a mall, while looking for an Ace Combat game in the A section, I saw a familiar figure, not quite like last time, but definitely of the same origin, along behold Armored Core: Last Raven. My heart skipped a beat, I reached up and grabbed the box, it was in good condition, it wasn't a "used" game, I was excited, I knew it couldn't be Silent Line, because it's been so long, whatever, I didn't care, I picked it up, asked to borrow my parents' money. Next thing I know, I'm playing ACLR nonstop, I googled and wiki'd Armored Core, my lost dream finally found, and it was one of the best things that has happened to me. My very own customizable giant killing machine, unique to me, with my own emblem, paintjob and specialization, oh man!

Then I saw KittyOnEdge's AC4 import, I was like "QUICKBOOST?!?!?!?!?!" yeah, the rest is history.

I started with AC1 and it gained my interest quickly and I continued being interested and I still play the classics especially SL. Next generation did make me lose interest but FROM has realized they went in the wrong direction with both games and now I have a lot more interest in AC5 and hopefully they will do a good job on it since they took their time on it.

Damn. I started with Last Raven. Was walking in Taiwan's capital a bit, after I had just acquired my PS2 in 2006.

I loved Mecha, and I still do, so my first reflex was to fetch Gundam and other robot things.

Some little game called Armored Core with a sexy mecha on it (i'd later discover that he was called BJ) would hook me up, and I'd buy the game.

Following this, harsh times of controller banging and fun followed.

I played this game for more than 2 years. That, and THAT game only.

I later acquired the other AC games, SL first, then Ninebreaker, then NEXUS, then AC3. (These were a breeze due to my maniac formation)

I'm looking for AC2 currently, and will shun Next Gen for now as I ain't have enough money to spend on a PS3 or XBOX360.

Got AC1 back in '97 when I was a wee lad of, you guessed it, 7. Shit was off the hook, I remember not upgrading my mech because I didn't understand the garage mechanic and made it all the way to the mission where you have to take out the corrosive gas generators in that weapons plant with the starter mech. Which by the way, always looked so fucking cool. Seriously, why couldn't they give us the Lady-B for the starter head in the later games? After that, I went searching for PP, but I could never find it, so I grabbed MoA when it came out and discovered the joys of the MG-500 with dual ammo extenders. Seriously, that and a moonlight are all you need for single player. I wish they'd bring back the ranker maker system from MoA. I thoroughly enjoyed making my own ladder of uber H+ ACs and then fighting to the top. The second disc with the extra arena ladders was especially fun. I recall on later play throughs I'd just go through the Sub-Arena and get some cash to make the mods necessary to compete in the various Leg-Type only ladders and get most of my pre-story money there.

I like being able to customize my robot the way I like, but something about building on a budget is just so appealing, lol.

Armored core 1 was my first AC. I played it on those little demo packs you got from Sony every once in awhile. I played the hell out of it. My first owned Armored core title though, was Armored core 2 . For that it holds a special place. Now I'm the proud owner of 7 of the Hmm 13 titles now?

Another Age. Got sick and rented it, then started buying every AC title I could find for a while. Lasted until I discovered the wonders of piracy.

wtf you really should support the company by buying their stuff, especially a more niche title like Armored Core