Dark Souls

Magnus

yeah that's definitely overpowered for the fight. Elite knight is arguably best armor in the game for armor values, which matter at the lower SLs.

Actually, no it's not really arguable I guess. It is the best armor defense-wise in the game.

It doesn't matter either way almost nothing in the game is actually hard if you take your time, at least not in the first playthru.

I'm pretty sure that's how they intended it, too. Afterall they had to change the game altogether after the first draft because it was too hard. They decided to remove most of the elements of the game that required elite levels of motor skills. So yeah, you're left with "don't play stupid and you'll be fine."

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah crystal cave has like 3 badguys in it before the clambake. The butterflies only attack if you smack them. That place is ass though.

I know right?

"Oh shit I'm falli- Oh hey, I landed on a invisible path! :D Now all I have to do, is walk a little forward an- DAMMIT I FELL AGAIN!"

Or go to the demon Ruins and get a sun Maggot so you don't have to waste a shield slot.

I'm really liking Rapiers, they're super fast and can OHK with a hornet back stab. But I think the best thing about the rapier is their running attack. I'm going to be making a lot of Dex builds to play around with them some more.

Man, I would've thought Owen would've beaten the game by now. I felt like I was behind everyone in this game.

Demon Ruins is kinda annoying, I agree to that.

I can't really say which area was the most annoying for me. I'll say tomb of giants, but that shit is easy if you're equipped for it. If not, it's annoying as fuck. I definitely recommend either bringing that light spell or that helmet. Otherwise, get a map so you know where to go. I died so many times in the darkness. The boss fight in anor londo was a bitch too, goddamn. I had to summon 2 ppl to get through it. I kept getting killed when I was alone.

I feel that crystal cave was annoying only cause I wanted to get moonlight sword and I kept dying trying to get it. Then I gave up on it cause my character at the time didn't really need it so I said "fuck it" and just killed him.

I got invaded the other day on the str character I soul glitched to 120. I won with my +5 claymore and starter armor. It was kinda funny. I didn't even get hit once with the white dragon breath or crystal soul mass. This made me wonder. Is soul mass even viable for pvp? I guess with slow it can work but damn. it was kinda sad.

white dragon breath is ass for pvp, but soulmass is pretty dope yeah. It's not that it hits all that often on the offensive, but on the defensive it gives you all kinds of weird options. Like if you get backstabbed and you timed the casting right, they are fucked cuz they have to eat the full spell. Sometimes if they time it right you can also punish on a big attack. It's also good for preventing combos.

I think that's why for all the damage it does, it has a lot of castings.

A lot of people are finishing the game around SL50-70 as well, so there's not much to brag about on that front. I think lots of people were taking on the darkroot basin hydra around the same time they fought the taurus demon as well, since he's right there.

tbh I don't really get bragging about beating bosses in this game.

Edited by Penguin Deus

I just think that when you reach a certain point, the game just breaks and isn't so hard anymore, so it needs to throw in more different stuff like poison swamps, darkness, allmost invisible enemies and the like. It took me ton of tries to to kill Taurus demon not to mention gargoyles, but now killing Sif in first try? I know there's still much to see and that the bosses take mere percents of deaths in the game, but I never meant to brag. Sorry if it seemed that way. Edited by Assailant

It's cool mang. Yeah the game does break, as you put it. It's more about just learning how the game works than being outright difficult in a motor-skills kind of way.

I mean if I can play it than it has to not require godly motor skills, since my hands barely work anymore!

I'm down to play today. I have a lot of shit open cause I'm just in regular new game. I think I'm either up to blighttown or to sen's fortress at this point. I've hardly touched darkroot garden/basin. On some characters I have, but not all of them.

So are you able to drop miracles in this game? I want to have at least 3 sunlight blades and 2 power withins {with hornet ring, I was dishing out 1200+ per hit on my knight with a +15 darksword off of 20 str/dex with sunlight blade and power within active. Should I also get Darkmoon blade? If I join, will I lose all the progress I made in the covenant I'm in? Like if I'm +2 in a covenant and leave, if I return, will that status be lost?

Somebody on gamefaqs mentioned that they were giving away miracles and dropping them.

No. You can't drop sorceries, miracles, pyro spells, keys, or embers. Soapstones either, I assume. I think everything else is fair trade.

If you drop a covenant I'm pretty sure you start all over with that covenant when you join up again.

Edited by Ninety