Dark Souls

Magnus

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am playing Dark Souls 1 for the first time now, Dark Souls 2 being the only one I have played (which I really enjoyed). I am excited because most everyone unanimously agrees that the game is much more superior over its sequel, from what I've gathered mainly in the PvE experience and world design, both are proving very true. I am in the undead parish and am getting rammed over and over by a metal boar. Game has many more unexpected roadblocks such as undead burg being the obvious of two location choices, black knights that kick your ass, dragon on bridge and now metal boar. Also poison lasts a long fucking time. Edited by Nomrah

"Search your surroundings." Or whatever it says in the Dark Souls 2 tutorial.

Also, two very important things to know that no one will think to tell you: Durability is not reset by bonfires in this game, so you have to actually repair weapons with souls, either at a blacksmith or with a repair box at a bonfire. The second thing is that to open false walls you have to hit them, not just click on them like in Dark Souls 2.

Edited by LS

Okay I will keep that in mind, I am assuming that has something to do with the boar !!! Maybe i make him ram that metal gate at the bottom of stairs hmm

EDIT: omg I just stabbed him deep in the ass when he turned around dealing major damage, alright we are getting somewhere.

Oh sweet Fang Boar helm.

Edited by Nomrah

I am excited because most everyone unanimously agrees that the game is much more superior over its sequel, from what I've gathered mainly in the PvE experience and world design, both are proving very true

the pvp and co-op in ds1 are so much better that it's depressing

Alright. I encountered my first invader, he showed up when I was in the Parish right before I enter the room with three rats. I hid around the corner where he has to walk that narrow strip that drops off the map, so I waited and kicked him off the edge of the map as he came around haha, he had some sick looking armor too. Apparently he opened the gate for me in the boar area that leads to a bonfire, I'll take it.

Yeah I'm on PS3, that would be cool for sure, so far I've played with LS briefly and that was fun. I'm currently SL 27 just got done with undead parish pretty much. It also seems pretty active, I've almost been invaded more than during the entire time I've spent with Dark Souls 2...

I'm really enjoying this level design, the way everything is seamlessly tied together is amazing, and the environments themselves look great and well detailed as well, great atmosphere. Too many rooms in Dark Souls 2 had not a lot going on.

Edited by Nomrah

Yea Souls 2 feels/is longer and not a whole lot of fun when you want to make a build for pvp. I had a bunch of ideas in my head back when it came out, after I had beaten it, but it just took too damn long and too much effort so I stopped playing.

The fact that there's no Red Eye Orb is also a travesty.

nah ds2 had more problems than just that

summoning/invading mechanics was just the biggest problem pvp-wise

it's a far inferior game even as a 1p experience imo

the only thing ds2 had over ds1 is number/quality of available summons

tarkus is the man and all but that game didn't have much else going on summons wise, Solaire is more creepy/funny than dope and the witch lady was okay, the rest are pretty terrible

ds2 summons have a lot of character despite you getting almost no info on them and tend to be both interesting and useful in battle

its crazy but that's literally all it has over it lol :(

oh, no, it does have one other thing: it's last boss fight is better than ds1's

lord of cinder was kind of a weak fight even if his sword was cool

i agree with u tho that they fucked up the stuff that made ds1 great

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140901183633/darksouls/images/3/3e/Ashen_Knight_Boyd.png

ASHY BOYD THA GAWD

I didn't like invading at all in DKS2, but I enjoyed it in DKS1. Not so much for the mechanics or anything, but just because of world design. The maps in DKS1 are way more fun to invade imo. So in that sense, I can see why DKS1 is still way more popular for invasions.

Maybe I can play some co-op with you tonight, but lvl 27 is kind of a lot to work for, that would probably take 2-3 hours to do. Undead Parish tho could probably be gotten to within half an hour.

I've been thinking of starting a new character anyways, so I'm down for that. I'll do what I can to make that happen tonight.

Also about summons, I enjoyed everything that had to do with Vengarl and Lucatiel.

Just a couple things I can think of that dks2 has over dks1 are the face maker and the menu interface graphics, I spent hours in 2's face maker and could do great things with it, but I found 1's to be unintentionally humorous. That and the menus look really dated, like something designed for a 90's pc game. But that's just nitpicking when looking at the bigger picture.

Edited by Nomrah

Just a couple things I can think of that dks2 has over dks1 are the face maker and the menu interface graphics, I spent hours in 2's face maker and could do great things with it, but I found 1's to be unintentionally humorous. That and the menus look really dated, like something designed for a 90's pc game. But that's just nitpicking when looking at the bigger picture.

this is true i'll give u that one for sure

i think my best faces might be my ds2 ones

too bad that's the best thing about the game too, the faces i made i mean not the face maker

i'm surprised ur still playing this with bloodborne out tmw

i like the last boss fight of dks1 more than dks2 because the area leading up to it was way more dope and the fact that the king is smaller adds to the whole sense of "im duelin some fucker" rather than "its a black monster lady just like everything else in the game"

only thing i can think of that dks2 has over dks1 is

uh

i cant think of anything

i like the last boss fight of dks1 more than dks2 because the area leading up to it was way more dope and the fact that the king is smaller adds to the whole sense of "im duelin some fucker" rather than "its a black monster lady just like everything else in the game"

word the levels don't compare and the kiln is actually rad as fuck as a level, especially for the lore

i meant strictly the fight

i don't think lord of cinder is a good fight cuz its very boring, i also think the song is terrible for the fight

like his fight is literally just a slower and less flashy version of flamelurker

and not nearly as scary

just not good to me

i feel u on saying it feels more like a duel...it sorta does except u can summon the yung gawd solaire's creepy ass for it if u ruined his dream (but saved his life and existence)

shout out to flamelurker tho fuck that's a hell of a boss battle

owen remember the kind of bullshit we went thru doing that shit hahahahaha

Yea flamelurker was cool as fuck, as well as his 2-2 world. I got trolled so many times trying to take the shortcut in that world omg.

I like the sheer amount of armor and weapons and stuff in Dark Souls 2, but the World Design and boss fights are easily my biggest complaints (pve wise). I don't think I have to talk about the world cause we all know why it's bad, but the boss fights were all just oversized humans, and the difficulty of the boss fights were inconsistent as hell. That priest and his groupies-- what a trip. Then other boss fights are just horribly designed (shout outs to Ancient Dragon, once I told PD the pattern in which to fight him, it took the two of us like 10-20 minutes no lie hahaha.)

In general I like Nashandra? over Lord Gwyn, I think she's just a cooler fight regardless. By far best boss in DKS2 tho was Chariot dude just cause he was so unique in strat and in design.

Edited by DANTONIO THE DEMON

i think nashandra is lame cuz shes slow as shit and once u know that ur supposed to smack the black balls she is boring and easy

that and her overall design is basically like inferior gravelord nito in lady form

i looked at the boss list and i thought looking glass knight was the dopest boss in dks2