Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I played on my bro's PS3 the other week, and started a new file. I was trying to do research on Ogres and Clubs and lo and behold, GreatClub +5 is a 2 hit kill on both regular knights and giant knights in Anor Londo.

Roll into foot stomp on Giant Knight, actually stuns them, allowing you time to use the R2 attack, thus 2HKO and they can't hit you back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5nMsOGSi68&list=UUOOy3roD7_G-yc4U_d-910A&index=2&feature=plcp

Even more hilarious on regular knights. Roll into Foot stomp works wonders on them, but the regular attack stuns them anyway, which is what I used in this vid, allowing time for the second hit to be the R2 attack. It actually smashes them into the floor, hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir-UMbW-htg&list=UUOOy3roD7_G-yc4U_d-910A&index=1&feature=plcp

I was dissapointed that I had rushed to anor londo without learning heal and the 2 hit wonder got me through it. It even stunned Dragon Slayer Orstein, although the Smough makes it hard to follow up with a second attack, which, if hits, took out a good chunk of life. With Sunbro as a distraction managed to get a hilarious win.

Like giving a kanabo to an oni. :blink:

Edited by Fragrant

Hey, I played on my bro's PS3 the other week, and started a new file. I was trying to do research on Ogres and Clubs and lo and behold, GreatClub +5 is a 2 hit kill on both regular knights and giant knights in Anor Londo.

Rolling R1 with clubs is a super strong move.

Man I was looking through my youtube vids but I guess I never uploaded any of my great club fights. I wish I had that one dueling night where I was so on with it.

I want to say it was some stupid number like 12-3

Ogawa Lou: I'm still wearing the armor I started out with. I have like 0 poise. Basically, my defense is stunning the opponent. If I get hit, I'm taken out in like 2-3 hits due to no armor. I guess at higher levels I should turtle it up and get armor with the highest poise so I can 2hko things without having to dodge stuff.

Twisted Metal: Yeah, my bad, I meant large club. I found the great club too but didn't like it, the moveset is so different.

Ninety: I like the Large Clubs roll attack, its basically a foot stomp with large stun. The real Great Clubs roll attack was something different I think, unless I'm confusing it for its R2 attack which is a overhead lunge instead of a kendo slash like in the video.

So different? They're the exact same weapon except for mainly the 1h R2, where the Large Club is a swinging attack while the Great Club is an overhead. The Large Club's 1h R2 is mildly useful in PvP for attacking people backstepping, but that's about it.

Heey are the Four Kings' sword attacks weak in close range? Because I went at them with a +5 SK Spear Grass Shield Ninja Roll Ring combo and just said fuck it.

Maybe I was just in the zone and didn't realize I was just blocking those hit's with the spear but I could have sworn I was way laying on them 2H style.

I was using the Gold Hem Hood/ Skirt ,Dingy Robe +10, black knight gauntlets and I think my Curse for the ghosts was still on.

Did anyone else run into a possible glitch with them like that?

I'm pretty sure they got some good hits in but I somehow barely avoided them?

Edited by Ogawa Lou

I paused for a moment to regain stamina and one of them swung at me twice while I was right next to him, Miraculously I took no Stun and probably about 50 to 30 damage. I wasn't attacking at that moment so I know it wasn't me dealing damage to his health. So I just went full speed ahead and kept stabbing them to death.

I think it has something to do with the Darkwood Ring, I might have taken some brush damage in mid flip. I really should have died though.

The possible chance that flipping/rolling could prevent stunlock if you just barely make it out of the way has me curious. Yep can't find anything on it.

Twisted Metal: Ah, I thought the two handed R2s of the great and large clubs was different but I guess it was just the one handed variations.

Ninety: That's the nickname I gave for large clubs roll attack. Basically smashes the end of the club on the ground like if it was stomping on somebodies foot. Like in the vid, he looks like he's smashing the foot of the giant knight, causing them to flinch, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda frustrated at this point. I don't do much PVP, just started a new file with another character, this time a pyromancer/swordsman type deal. Ever since I got to the Undead Burg, SL 7...I have been dogged by Phantoms who have much more advanced stuff than I do, more power, more HP, more everything. Twice. First person had a Dark Hand, and completely raped me because I had absolutely no defense against it. After that, I ended up in Undead Parish, where another prick was waiting after maybe an 8 level upgrade, SL 15 or so. Killed solaire, was about to go Gargoyles and go get Lautrec up there to tank.

Guy comes at me with a goddamn katana and a balder shield, and starts raping me with his infinite stamina. I don't even have good equipment yet, spells or ANYTHING. I am invaded by people, but they aren't usually bitter dicks who like to troll with OP skills.

Kinda don't know what to do. Wasted so much humanity already, trying to get to the SECOND BOSS of the goddamn game again thanks to them.

Any advice?

Deus, any better advice to deal with people who use weapons that bleed? Because I'm sure there are more out there. I like playing online because it gives me events and some better effects that I might not have otherwise. Taking myself offline kinda ruins the experience. I do hate Black Phantoms, but in return I also like the good players that make even the hardest of bossfights manageable.

I just don't want to get caught by a katana-spammer again.

Deus, any better advice to deal with people who use weapons that bleed? Because I'm sure there are more out there. I like playing online because it gives me events and some better effects that I might not have otherwise. Taking myself offline kinda ruins the experience. I do hate Black Phantoms, but in return I also like the good players that make even the hardest of bossfights manageable.

Which events do you get online that don't happen offline? All summons and invasions that the computer does works properly offline.

Solaire doesn't care if you have no internet. He doesn't judge.

The only other option is use the moss that prevents bleed, and get better at fighting. If dark hand of all things is giving you problems, you have a lot of work to do skill-wise. It's a weak shield, does almost no damage with the punch, and the humanity drain is super slow and not dangerous anyways. It's more embarrassing than dangerous.

What SL are you at currently?

If you're still SL15 then just drake sword them. If they have buff gear and you can't outfight them, there's nothing you can do aside from ignore them and activate the boss to force them out of your world.

Yeah all the same events happen offline as online. The only thing ruined when playing online is you can't summon help or help people, not a huge deal. NPCs are available to summon for help or invade you regardless.

A good starting combo would be getting the heater shield and estoc. You can turtle behind that and backstab invaders handily if you play smartly with it. Dealing with bleed, if you time it right, you can roll out of your bleed when your meter is maxed, if all else fails. If they're darkmoons that means they're invading you from a higher level, in which case it'll be extremely tough. Darkmoons are blue vs regular invaders that are red.