Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone said they once cursed themselves while upgrading something way too fast in front of a blacksmith. I'm not sure if it was the Bloodshield though. Might've been gargoyle's halberd. If you don't wanna run grass crest just run crest, it's a pretty simple answer haha. Edited by Twisted Metal

@ Jap and western metagame:

I might play DkS once in a while (i stopped shortly after they applied the patch with the twinkling titanites at hueg smith). Speaking of builds, don't we all suffer from diminishing returns at 30 cap? As opposed to DS's 40 or 50 stat peak iirc.

I've always had mine on 30/40 though.

Edited by Red Shirt (Grayscale)

Just built a SL 35 Lifehunter

Bloodshield, Bow(may grab Gwyndolin's), Lifehunt Scythe, and Priscilla's Dagger.

im gonna slash into people so bad.

Went all the way from tower gargoyles to Ornstien and Smough in one sitting, and did Painted world early.

Dex build, so that was pretty damn masochistic, but blighttown is such a breeze to me.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

Priscilla's Dagger.

Second to last build I made was a Pris Dagger build. Only way I could make it successful is if I played with no lock-on most of the time and got extremely offensive against sidesteppers. Of course that didn't work out all the time, so I rocked a paint guard sword as well. I didn't get to practice with it enough. Pretty ridiculous to think a dagger was a viable main to use, tho.

Painted guardian sword is the shit.

I think daggers are doable, just a lot harder to use em in pvp. I think constant pressure is the way to go, but not go for combos at the same time. I don't have too much experience with daggers, but it's something I wanna work on. I do use painted guardian sword on one build tho, which I love.

Nah I don't think I have any respect for daggers. I don't think they can ever combo, anyhow. It's something like 8 poise damage per 2h r1 or something, and that's only for soft combos, not hard ones.

You gotta remember that the curved swords 2h are faster than daggers, too.

Edited by Penguin Deus

Yeah, I think 8 poise is enough that a dagger will never stun you, no matter how much you let it hit you. They have puny damage and are easily parried if you start swinging like crazy. They have big crits but are junky against any armor so thrusting swords stomp them in BS/riposte damage in most cases. Just not a good weapon class. Pris dagger looks cool but bleed is a no go. It's hard enough to get bleed with katana's reach.

Yeah, I think 8 poise is enough that a dagger will never stun you, no matter how much you let it hit you. They have puny damage and are easily parried if you start swinging like crazy. They have big crits but are junky against any armor so thrusting swords stomp them in BS/riposte damage in most cases. Just not a good weapon class. Pris dagger looks cool but bleed is a no go. It's hard enough to get bleed with katana's reach.

I guess that one guy who ran away from my Priscilla assault should really feel bad, huh?

Ya 2h falchion pretty much is your weapon if you want to be the fastest swinging in Dark Souls. 1h falchion is garbage tho.

Daggers were fastest in Demon's Souls and there was no poise system, so they actually stunlocked too. One time I got a guy with 14 hits in a row in Demon's Souls during one of our 4-1 camping sessions. Dude kept trying to attack with Northern Regalia and I kept swinging with left and right daggers.