Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if it was shaped like a giant penis and it slaps the guy to the floor? That'd be pretty rad.

Only if it OHKs the Gaping Dragon. Deal?

I would love to continue the journey with my legit SL1 file if there is a DLC, even though it is now at NG+. If not, I will restart my SL1 file for the PC. Sounds fun, either way.

They specifically said it was built with no DLC in mind. You are correct.

It's cool, to be honest I wouldn't re-buy it. I had my fun and I need the money for other stuff right now haha.

Sign'd.

Crystal Soul Creampie needs to be a spell in the PC version. You could use Gaping Dragon Soul to learn it off Big Hat Logan.

I thought the game was pretty hard on my first blind playthrough. I didn't even have Darkwood Grain Ring. So does most of my friends who never played the series. It is why beating this game the first time around felt so rewarding.

Sample Layout:

Mouse: right analog stick (camera controls)

WASD: left analog stick (player controls)

1/2/3/4: up/down/left/right (item and equipment select)

R: triangle (two-hand a weapon)

F: X button (action)

Space Bar: O button (Roll/Run/Backstep)

Left Click: R1 (Attack)

E: R2 (Heavy Attack)

Right Click: L1 (Guard/Attack)

Q: L2 (Parry)

Shift: R3 (Lock On / Release)

5/6/7/8/9/0: Gestures

It'll work. To be honest, I will buy this game even on GFWL release. I just prefer Steamworks.

You can always use the PS3/360 controllers. Many games have console control support, except the Wii Mote.

• 1 month later...

Bwahahahaaaa!!! High speed internet acquired! Noob pwnage initiated!

Now to get out of noob status >.>

But in all seriousness DkS online is a blast. I have a high level character that I've been dinking around in forest PvP with, and I must say it's kinda funny.

There are two characters that I run into alot who spam WoTG, they have to each have the ability to cast WoTG at least 12 times. So, in order to counter this I leveled up a shield with high magic resist and set what's it called, the spell that prevents people from casting spells. Watching them try to spam WoTG afterwards is just priceless :o

Two questions here.

I sometimes see an invader who runs away and I *think* hides somewhere. I am guessing that they are hiding, going afk and racking up the souls while the host and myself kill other invaders. Any ideas where they might be hiding? At anyrate, I am not seeing a message saying that the invader left like I typically do.

Second question is, is there a good area to learn how to PvP one on one better? The forest tends to be host+helpers vs one invader. While I like being a helper, I do want to get better with the 1v1 stuff.

Thirdly, it is amazing how many people do not carry any moss to eliminate poison. Poison arrows/throwing knives/resin are fun :D

I haven't played in like two or three months but the kiln was the accepted duel spot for a while. There's a spot in burg that gets used too.

Those invaders are just cowards that run and hide by enemies or disguised as pots and wait for you to run past so they can backstab you with hornet ring on for OHKO.

Yeah I haven't played in months either, probably about same time as John, but before if you wanted 1v1 you just hung out at the Kiln waiting for ppl to invade. That or drop your red sign and wait to get picked up...or even just invade. Whatever works. The hunter section of the forest is a terrible place for 1v1 style practice. Your game won't improve much there.

To be honest though the SL you're playing at matters more than anything to determine where to go to fight people.

Fuck the burg that place is shit for pvp.

And you are right, they are hanging out there to rack up souls. The thing is if you are a forest hunter, you can just put the ring on to let you auto-invade no matter where in the world you are (I've invaded forest from the first campfire in the game, even), so what ppl do is they slip that ring on with the fog ring, and then AFK and get souls. This works because in the forest, everyone ELSE gets souls when someone dies, regardless of what you actually are (forest hunter/darkwraith/helper/host). Weird huh?