Dark Souls

Magnus

I'm gonna have to see if anyone here wants to get together sometime for some PvP!

It's been interesting to see all of the different play styles, and skill levels, of the people I've fought against already. Things I've noticed is that spear users tend to be more skilled than other players. If they are using any axe other than the BLGA then they WILL mess you up nine ways to sunday. And that Sunlight Blade + Great Club = pain.

Soul level 120-125 is still the common range though isn't it?

I'm still trying to decide which I like better, a quality, int, or faith build. There'll be plenty of save slots to play all three, just trying to focus on one to learn real well first is the hard part.

That and getting Seath to drop a MLGS. I did get it on my faith build character though!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely wouldn't say that one particular group of weapon-users tends to be better than others. It's more true that some weapons just do better against certain weapons/players. If you're having trouble with spear users then you're probably having trouble forcing your way into their pocket to punish their attacks.

Black Knight Greataxe is one of the best weapons in the game. Great Club is dope but it's pretty easy to stall out enchantments so you should try to work on that. Having a stamina regen item goes a long way towards that.

I assume SL 120-125 is still PvP area. I don't really see any reason why it would change.

I've always liked dex characters a lot. Dex with pyro spells is definitely what I'm most comfortable with. I like using great club a lot too though so I have a strength guy. I've never had a faith or int build other than to make a CMW/SLB buffed character. Never used the spells.

MLGS is a guaranteed drop but you have to cut off his tail to do it. Do that and you'll immediately get the sword. Otherwise, no prize. Someone here will probably be willing to drop you one depending on what platform you're playing on. You might even convince wong or ex to dupe you every item in game.

There are some videos of ACU dudes fighting on my YouTube channel if you want to check those out to see some different playstyles/builds.

Edited by Ninety

Yeah, I will help you dupe. No convincing needed. Just give me a date. Sundays are usually the best.

Towards the end of Dark Souls, I really liked me max speed pyro build with 19 Attunement (Fire Surge, Great Combustion, Chaos Great Fireball, Great Fireball or Fire Tempest), 45 Dex, Crown of Dusk, and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. It's funny when I kill people with Fire Surge alone. lol

Yeah, I will help you dupe. No convincing needed. Just give me a date. Sundays are usually the best.

Woohoo!

How about this coming Sunday the 28th?

I've a question. Recently had a fellow invade me, we fought for a bit, then he started spamming parry with his shield, and he eventually got in a parry riposte for a OHKO. What is a good way to counter that situation? I was doing PvE and low on spells, so I didn't have any spells other than healing available (first mistake methinks). He was sticking pretty close to me so I couldn't get into my inventory for any ranged consumables.

I think I'm going to have to switch to running an anti griefer setup rather than my usual PvE setup.

On the plus side, several invaders have met an untimely demise with a few well timed uses of Force and a well placed cliff.

While I still need to improve, I'm pretty happy with how I'm handling myself for the most part against invaders with my SKS. My main issues come with how to deal with people who can OHKO you, either backstab or parry+riposte.

Still loving poison effects, just for the panic effect it tends to have on people.

The next coming Sunday on the 28th is at October? Quite a long while, isn't it? Maybe you want to beat the game first. Hah, just joking. This Sunday is good, I will not be home until late evening, like 10PM EST. I am also good on Monday if you want to do it earlier. What is your PSN ID? Mine is "Aafai".

If you opponent spams parry, then just strafe for a backstab. There should be a window of opportunity for the punish.

You can also change up your attack patterns and try to be unpredictable. Best way to handle it though is to hit em with something they cant parry while they're parrying. Most players who are parry happy will usually change their tune once they eat a couple of wogs or g.combust.

I ran it for the first time an hour ago and it loads fast and is easy to run. It's not glitchy either-- only problem is the controls are weird, but you'll get used to it eventually. It's an incredible map-- so much detail and so well put together. Bar none the best map I've ever experienced in any game.

The link to the download is in the info box on the video.

Also I coulda sworn abyss was lowest point in map but looks like it's a tie between bed of chaos's room and ash lake.

Edited by Twisted Metal

That makes sense. Great Hollow goes REALLY far down. I think Abyss is not as long a fall as Great Hollow and New Londo is clearly not as far down.

Yeah Bed of Chaos has to be near the lowest point for sure, remember you can see the upper parts of the demon ruins from the bottom of the Tomb of the Giants. The guy mentioned in that video that tomb and abyss kinda cross, that makes sense too.

I just remember the abyss being a really long fall, but I never really timed it, nor have I timed a complete fall down the hollow. The map shows tomb of giants to be pretty far above ash lake but in the game where you encounter paladin leeroy I could have sworn ash lake wasn't that far below. And yeah new londo isn't that far down you're right it's only on the same level as darkroot basin.

Yeah I could see where it'd be easy to confuse where Tomb sits, mainly cuz Catacombs has that really weird layout where it flattens out a lot and for all the drops it has, there's a lot of little up and down points so it's weird. I was just remembering how in Tomb of the Giants you can look out over the lava of the Demon Ruins, and how Bed of Chaos sits under all of that since you gotta go down a ton of stairs and stuff, then take the giant slide down to bed of chaos herself. Clearly that slide isn't as far down as Abyss' drop or the Great Hallow, but Great Hallow is crazyyyyy long. Even the safe dropping method with roots, if you have it memorized, is even longer than the 2-2 fast drop in that giant hole in demon's souls. Remember how long that one was lol so good

This is an amazing find Owen. I will try to find some secret passages tonight when I get the chance. Apparently, there is a couple. Or that Hidetaka Miyazaki is a troll. This will make it a lot easier.

But what I really want to know is: Fucking pendants, how do they work?

Edited by Honest Frank