Battlefield 3

Mom

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got done playing, Ethos and Vincent were on as well. We were close to all three of us getting together that time.

Good games Vincent. I don't know, Rush was giving me a headache, maybe Conquest can serve as a middle ground between Rush and TDM.

I consumed our rush games, until THE MAP (that one night-time city whose name I can never remember. I don't think I've ever had a good run on that map. It's layout undoes me), and then did okay on the first transition game to TDM. The rest went downhill for me.

I'm a huge opponent of random spawns. I can't count how many times I died before the screen came into focus because I was spawned in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's aggravating.

I consumed our rush games, until THE MAP (that one night-time city whose name I can never remember. I don't think I've ever had a good run on that map. It's layout undoes me), and then did okay on the first transition game to TDM. The rest went downhill for me.

Yeah, rush started out good till we hit Tehran Highway. That maps a pain in the ass on Conquest as well, I can't really explain it but you seem to feel the same way about it as I do.

I'm a huge opponent of random spawns. I can't count how many times I died before the screen came into focus because I was spawned in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's aggravating.

Yeah, that's the madness of mostly Kharg Island in TDM, I believe they're attempting to fix that map in the upcoming patch. That whole stretch along the water with the crates is a free for all, opponents will spawn in that area on a regular basis despite the fact that your team is occupying the region. I've gotten some amazing scores equipping a shotgun and running laps up and down that stretch.

EDIT: Here's a great video, makes me wanna try Rush again.

Edited by Nomrah

I stopped playing after dying to 4 mavs in one match.

I've been killed by an MAV probably no more than five times during the course of my eighty-eight hours. Anyways they are fixing MAV roadkills in the upcoming patch by having the MAV destroyed upon impact, so that's one roadkill per MAV pretty soon.

EDIT: Great games Ethos, honestly that was the most fun I've had in Conquest, we were really dominating. I see you got third on Seine Crossing after I left, nice.

Edited by Nomrah

I stopped playing because the guys I played with felt like BF3 was a step backwards. They really liked destroying buildings.

Do you still play Bad Company 2? Because I was thinking of getting back into that a little myself.

Tehran Highway really is a terrible map though Mon. I think next time we play, we might just opt to skip it, huh?

Close Quarters (the map pack) actually looks interesting to me. I was looking for a few smaller maps to add variety. Some bigger maps are nice, but make being a foot soldier obsolete. Sometimes I like being a foot soldier.

Edited by Vincent210

I've been killed by an MAV probably no more than five times during the course of my eighty-eight hours. Anyways they are fixing MAV roadkills in the upcoming patch by having the MAV destroyed upon impact, so that's one roadkill per MAV pretty soon.

EDIT: Great games Ethos, honestly that was the most fun I've had in Conquest, we were really dominating. I see you got third on Seine Crossing after I left, nice.

Awesome, i was gettin tired of cocks sitting in their spawns flying mavs around.

will people still be able to use them to get on top of normally inaccessible building tops?

Tehran Highway really is a terrible map though Mon. I think next time we play, we might just opt to skip it, huh?

Close Quarters (the map pack) actually looks interesting to me. I was looking for a few smaller maps to add variety. Some bigger maps are nice, but make being a foot soldier obsolete. Sometimes I like being a foot soldier.

Sure, we can definitely skip it, I'm constantly getting picked off there. Yeah I know what you mean about foot soldiers losing there value in larger maps, It's the worst feeling running around some vast valley while everyone else is flying past you in vehicles, then after minutes of not finding a soul you run right into the sights of an enemy tank. I prefer footsoldier over vehicles so I prefer my confined areas, anywhere where I wont get picked off meandering around in some open plain.

Awesome, i was gettin tired of cocks sitting in their spawns flying mavs around.

will people still be able to use them to get on top of normally inaccessible building tops?

Yeah, it only takes one guy to turn the whole match into an MAV spectacle. And yes they are getting rid of using MAV's like elevators.

Naturally. Ya tho, I had a fun time. After you left, we capped all the flags and I started putting c4 on the staircase that leads from their spawn to d flag. So many dudes came back for revenge kills, it was hilarious.

EDIT: foot soldiers are never obsolete. I hardly get on vehicles, whether it's infantry only server or otherwise. Infantry units have rockets and c4 to take down vehicles, defibs to keep units alive and get tickets back and mobile spawn points. I actually prefer infantry to take down vehicles, those c4 blocks are my friends.

Also: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654779917108511/1/true/

I hope this fixes that glitch definitely. I've been wanting to use that chinese rifle and my mg36.

Edited by Ethos

Naturally. Ya tho, I had a fun time. After you left, we capped all the flags and I started putting c4 on the staircase that leads from their spawn to d flag. So many dudes came back for revenge kills, it was hilarious.

EDIT: foot soldiers are never obsolete. I hardly get on vehicles, whether it's infantry only server or otherwise. Infantry units have rockets and c4 to take down vehicles, defibs to keep units alive and get tickets back and mobile spawn points. I actually prefer infantry to take down vehicles, those c4 blocks are my friends.

Also: http://battlelog.bat...7108511/1/true/

I hope this fixes that glitch definitely. I've been wanting to use that chinese rifle and my mg36.

I don't think I'll ever put the MG36 down. Not ever. It just works so well for me, I'm mean I just hit Service Star 6 for it today.

Just unlocked the L85A2 today, been a long time coming for that weapon. Problem is that I don't usually play Assault all that often, so I'll probably never learn it's true usefulness. Oh well, at least I now have all the Back to Karkand weapons.

I guess someone has to plant. But still, on large maps where it takes like 10 minutes trait just to reach places, and at least 4 rockets to get by a tank, you feel stupid for not just have been riding in the tank. Especially since normally to C4 a tank out of the area you normally end up suiciding, meaning that if you're attacking on Rush (for example) the investment will normally be bad, because only your team is negatively impacted by death in a direct way (tickets). Unless you are certain it ensures the bomb plant then it's wasted time to pit foot soldiers against tanks. However winning a tank vs tank and acting as a mobile spawn point will hand you the bombs easily, especially with a engi riding shotgun in the gunner turret.

Hitting a tank from the side or the back will deal a lot more damage from the front. With that, it wouldn't take as many as 4 rockets I don't think. Plus, coordinating attacks works well with taking it down.

Using c4 on a tank doesn't always mean suicide either. I know I suicide more often than not trying to blow ppl up, but there's been tons of times when I blew a tank up and lived to tell about it. All it takes is for you to plant your 3 blocks then walk away before clicking it.

Yeah. I normally just take whatever shot I can get when gunning for a tank. Taking the time to line up a shot can be fatal. If you can see them, they can see you.

Just came out from a great solo session. I picked up a strong team and carried a large number of games. Was #2 or higher on my team every game. Only two loses. I've been stretching my legs with the support class a little more often now; I want to unlock the Foregrip and Holo Sight for the SAW so I can run it the way I did in the beta. That and extended mags allows for total control of an area with exposing yourself to a Reload death. It also gives you total control of hallways, second only to RPGs.

I don't know how much time I'll be devoting during the weekdays, but hopefully I can manage a few games into the schedule.

I don't think that's the way to go when using engineer. This game doesnt have sleight of hand, so reloading a rocket isnt the fastest thing in the world. Giving yourself away by taking a shot that isn't gonna do much (and very well might miss if you're not taking your time) isn't the smartest idea either IMO. If it were me, I'd make sure that my rocket is gonna do as much damage as possible. Hitting a tank from the front is suicide, cause their cannon is better than yours.

On another note, when a tank gets disabled, players have a habit of leaving the tank before clearing the area, so with one less rocket to do that with by hitting the sides or back, you can take em out, repair the bitch and jack their ride. Thinking of you can see them, they can see you is weird too. You turn faster than they can, and I'm saying to hit the sides or back, not the front.

I don't stress vehicles. I'd rather be on foot than wheels so I can be more efficient at taking them out.

Let me better explain the sentence, "if you can see them, they can see you".

As a rule of thumb, if you are in a spot where you can fire on the tank, then you are in a spot the tank can shoot your from. An open line of fire works both ways. That means that the entire time you aim and fire a shot you are liable to get owned. Also, most shots should normally end up hitting the back anyway, since that is always where you want to approach a tank, but I'm not going to take a 30 yd sprint from rock to rock just to get the shot is all I'm saying.

When I use engineer, it isn't often because I'm aiming to drop tanks, either. It's normally because having an RPG gives me great control of tight corridors on maps such as Operation Metro and Damavand Peak. If an enemy squad has a route closed off, a well placed rocket will either open it right back up with a nice multi-kill, or suppress them enough to allow me to get a grenade off and move in. I'm generally just not good at fighting tanks on foot. I'll drop a chopper or two relatively easily, as well as being quite qualified to dispatch jeeps, but I normally just play hide and seek when the tanks roll in, only sticking around to pick off people who leave the thing to attempt a plant.

• 3 weeks later...

So after playing the game after the patch, I gotta say I hate the fact that they tok away extended mags on the MG36. Just....why? The MG36 just isn't the same to me anymore, it's not my pal that goes killing with me all the time. It's like... the friend that's hanging out with you because it feels sorry for you. So now I use the other B2K LMG, forget what it's called. This patch is going to take me a while to get used too, better favourite those official DICE servers.

Has anyone flown the Havoc yet? I haven't gotten the chance to fly one in a while.

Oh yeah, apologises for the necro.

Edited by Clones

Oh the patch came out? I gotta go back to doing some good old BF3. Man, I'm not sure if I even have mg36. I haven't played in a while.

Yeah, PS3 had the patch for a while now, big 1.02 gb patch. 360 and PC recently got it... last week I believe.

Yeah they got rid of the extended mags on the MG36 and replaced them with a HEAVY BARREL. THAT GUN, DOES NOT WANT A HEAVY BARREL, IT WANTS MORE BULLETS. MOAR. BULLETS.

How many rounds in a mag? 45? That's more than enough for me haha. Tho I can understand your dilemma though. It felt awesome tearing through fools in the beta and the actual game with that 200 mag on the 249.

How many rounds in a mag? 45? That's more than enough for me haha. Tho I can understand your dilemma though. It felt awesome tearing through fools in the beta and the actual game with that 200 mag on the 249.

50 rounds in a mag, 51 if you count the one in the chamber. Don't know about the 249, but let me check for you... it still has the same ammo amount I believe. Difference being is that now it has a slight increase in the intial recoil.

And here's the link for ALL the patch changes: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654779195992365/