Battlefield 3

Mom

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that hardcore mode in any shooting game is for people who suck at playing the game. Like for the people that get pissed at not being able to kill in regular mode but still wanna be able to shoot things. At least, that's the story for a lot of the guys that I played cod games with.

When it comes to this, I prefer regular mode too. The same in bad company too, tho to be fair, I didn't play hardcore much in bc2.

havent tried hardcore in this one.

Edit: Just did, kinda miss the ability to spot people, despite the mini map still working. it does teach you to be a bit more observant of your surroundings regardless.

aso just got the EOtech for my m39, I use it as a battle rifle now. huzza.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

Just did, kinda miss the ability to spot people, despite the mini map still working. it does teach you to be a bit more observant of your surroundings regardless.

You can still spot infantry and vehicles. Whatever you spot will show up for the rest of your team on the mini-map, but not for you.

Just finished some co-op missions and i gotta say it's kinda dick move to just shove players into choppers and expect them to know how to fly. I for example can't fly shit with keyboard. Maybe if there was some tutorial like mission in campaign, but no. You couldn't even fly a jet in campaign...

Also, if someone wants to add me in Battlelog, look for Assailant424

Edited by Assailant

I think that hardcore mode in any shooting game is for people who suck at playing the game. Like for the people that get pissed at not being able to kill in regular mode but still wanna be able to shoot things. At least, that's the story for a lot of the guys that I played cod games with.

When it comes to this, I prefer regular mode too. The same in bad company too, tho to be fair, I didn't play hardcore much in bc2.

Nah not really, I suppose it just depends on what you're coming off of. Going to hardcore for the first time in cod was a smack in the face coming off so many normal games. Battlefield was the same thing. I definitely don't find it easier, after I got used to it I just found it different.

In battlefield you definitely have a different focus of skills depending on the type of game. You have to worry more about your surrounding by a considerable margin, and you have to worry about getting gunned down easier, but at the same time you don't have to worry about keeping a bead on your opponent as long.

Definitely not plain easier or harder than normal though.

I found hardcore on COD games fun. Mostly because you can't get away with as much stupid shit. I tried it on Battlefield Bad Company 2 a few times. It was... okay. Mostly on Squad Rush it was good. Actually felt tactical and whatnot.

Probably going to stick to normal play for BF3.

Hardcore in bf3 seems better to me. well I also tend to die a lot less, and I find myself camping a HELL of a lot less.

Its actually nice to me, as I can kill someone with my battle rifle just as quickly as they can me with a carbine or whatever. I was getting a bit fed up with shooting someone three times with an m14 and them just burst firing an m4 and tearing me down. and they walk off with 6% health or someshit.

I was getting a bit fed up with shooting someone three times with an m14 and them just burst firing an m4 and tearing me down. and they walk off with 6% health or someshit.

It usually takes me 2 shots to down them and I've never taken more than 3. And snagging headshots, as far as I can tell, is a kill period. Not to mention you can pop those shots off super fast. For a little while I actually ran that thing with the acog and a foregrip and just ran around with it. The stability on that thing is awesome. Even with the rifle scope you can just double tap for your kills.

Edited by Rachis

Nah not really, I suppose it just depends on what you're coming off of. Going to hardcore for the first time in cod was a smack in the face coming off so many normal games. Battlefield was the same thing. I definitely don't find it easier, after I got used to it I just found it different.

In battlefield you definitely have a different focus of skills depending on the type of game. You have to worry more about your surrounding by a considerable margin, and you have to worry about getting gunned down easier, but at the same time you don't have to worry about keeping a bead on your opponent as long.

Definitely not plain easier or harder than normal though.

Well, I guess I was too harsh in what I was saying. Yes, it's a totally different type of game. I do think though that it's easier to play. To me, all hardcore mode ever needs is someone who knows how to camp well and who know how to stay under the radar sort of speak. The people I know that prefer hardcore try to throw out the argument that it's harder than regular mode cause you die easier and that it's more realistic. I realize that it's not what you're saying, but that's what they like to say.

I disagree with that mentality (of hc being harder) 'cause like I said before, I feel that all it takes is camping harder. Plus, you don't have to work nearly as hard for your kills. If you see a guy and he doesn't see you, 80% chance that your opponent is getting dropped. For cod, I'd place that number even higher (with hc mode of cod having 30% life and bfbc2 being 60% iirc). I feel like regular is harder, cause you have to work harder for your kills and there's more working for you (in cod, having a minimap at all times and higher chance for a guy to turn on you and mess you up if you're not good enough to drop him if you're chasing).

I feel like regular forces you to get better at killing dudes with greater frequency than playing hc which will teach you how to hide better and playing way more defensively. I may be biased though, cause I rush all the time. Camping is way too boring (and kinda for bitches imo) and I'd only play defensively when the situation demands it. Nothing against playing defensively. I mean, that's how you should be playing fps' in the first place. Just that if I were to do it all the time, It'd get real boring for me.

btw if anyone needs clarification, what I mean by playing defensively I mean working on a part of the map and making that your turf, moving around and protecting the zone and not really moving out of it unless they have to or no longer worth defending. I'm pretty sure you all know that, but w/e. Just wanna throw it out there in case someone out there doesn't.

EDIT: By the way, anyone down for playing sometime? I think the only person on here that has the game for ps3 besides me is Vincent. If he's the only one, then let's stomp fools vincent. Battlelog is the same as my psn.

Edited by Ethos

Yeah I'm with you there Ethos. In conquest I find it stupid dumb to make sure you have the X Flag at all times. I've always liked to go where the action is at. My conquest time today involved me running back and forth between flags because as soon as I would leave one and go cap another the one I just left would get taken. Tanks are really good for that shit though. I spent one game just running flags with tanks.

Yeah, I find myself doing that a lot. it's sad though that the rest of the team isn't aware enough to know when a flag is being capped until they see "flag neutralized" flashing in their screen. There's plenty of times when once the team has all the flags taken, they like to rush their base and try to spawn trap them and they feel mad stupid when they realize that they have to go all the way back to the farthest flag away to cap it again.

EDIT: btw, the IR is crazy good. I put that on my ump to try it out w silencer and laser light. Shit is awesome. Makes spotting way easier. Maps with dark hallways like operation metro are excellent for it. I'm surprised people aren't using it more often. I can see flashlights being a problem for em, but if they're that close to blind you, firing from the hip isn't a bad call.

Edited by Ethos

I've personally found rushing somewhat easier in hardcore, because it's easier to stealth your way through defenders for a flank, and easier to drop a whole group of them before you have to reload and they turn their backs, but we all have different experiences I guess.

All I play is rush mode as well so that also might change some experiences.

@owen: yeah, in hc people will be watching their surrounding less because they're camping so hard. When it comes to me though, I find it that its harder to rush (not the gametype) in hc because you get punished a lot more if you rush. With no health regen and lower life, you have to make damn sure that you pick the right route.

@rachis (I think I remember you being steve, but its been a while since I heard it cause everyone calls you rachis. My bad homie): bullshit in what way? If its harder, you gotta remember that that's all ppl played for like a good month or however long it was. Plenty of practice for advanced asshole tactics haha.

@Watta Once you blow the first two objectives you are forced into the tunnels. They get like a full 30-45 seconds to setup since they are on defense naturally and those tunnels make a natural bottleneck. If everything is covered then you just can't win on offense. It's incredibly aggravating. The most success I've had with a loss there was trying to slowly creep up and pick people off one at a time, but you just get flanked if you make it up far enough. So you pretty much just have to rush the objective in numbers and pray you get an opening.

And it's Steve.

Edited by Rachis

HOLY CRAP DON'T REMIND ME. SHIT WAS CRAAAZZY. Just have 12 people popping out of one doorway while your bro is desperately trying to get the flag up with you.... JUST TO HAVE THEM SPAWN ON THE TWO GUYS IN THE OTHER TUNNEL AND GET A SECOND CHANCE.

Needless to say I died a lot. And killed a lot. And raged a lot.

I haven't played conquest there yet, but I imagine that I would just stay outside for that one. I believe operation firestorm is the other map that has a tunnel between two open areas and that is how you do a tunnel. You can't get bottlenecked there. Too much cover to work with, tank or helo depending on the side, and the tunnel is short.

I dunno guys. I honestly think there's isn't that much wrong with operation metro. With rush, yeah, it's harder to be on offense with the tunnels. Not gonna argue that. You are granted 3 different ways to go in though. While it's still a shitty situation for the attackers, it's still doable. When it comes to conquest, I don't really don't know what the problem is. c is where the 2nd bombsite set in rush is, b is the third and a is the last for clarification. The entire area of A is outdoors besides those 2 buildings right next to a. The only tunnel area is c, so I'm not sure what you mean by that.

If you start off close to c, you can spawn and cap b in a different number of ways. you can either go on the escalators closest to c that leads to it or keep going through the other set further down and emerge ahead of b. Once you're near b you can cap from behind the wall that's closest to c, right under b, or near the escalators. If you're spawning from a, you can either approach from the main door, or the two side entrances.

I always get placed with the faction that spawns close to C (the americans I'm guessing). I know that once all flags are capped, the opposing team has a lot of difficulty cause they can get picked off from a fuckload of spots from a. Tough times for them. I remember this one time where we got all the flags, and the entire other team left except for 2 guys which decided to snipe from inside their base. Don't blame them really.