Last Raven Fantasy Duels

Mom

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That quad sounds like a pretty lame prototype, and not something I'd ultimately use. I know I'd be the type to make it, because I use eo+dual close range weapons for a quad in lr, but that wouldn't be as solid to keep.

Purple Jesus vids I'll get to later.

Escaflowne Gundam Goku X Jupiter vs Protostar

LCC's drunkard of a design is a good bit terrible, but it didn't stop it from beating the hover. Hovers in Last Raven are in general-- fucked. I do think though if Protostar was built together a bit better it could have won, because it gave that tiny lockbox and left arm delay of Escas;lkerjeaw;lrtijeas;tlkrsa a run for its money. I found myself down in ap the majority of the match, and LCC was having a hard time trying to keep track and get any good Fenrir shots off as well. But once those legs break it's definitely game over. The thing that got me the most about Protostar was its core. I don't think it necessarily needs an OB core when it already has those 91HM legs. Either get a core with better heat resistance like EOS, or better yet go without OB altogether. My main gripe about it was its heat-especially heat with ananda. Not a good look for a hover. Esca;alskrjaew;ltkrjaew;oitaw;-- trash that shit. I give this matchup a 75/25 in Esca;lerkajr;eaowirj;awilraw;raw's favor.

Beak vs Protostar

I can't comment too much on this matchup, because LCC completely dominated me in it when it came to hover vs hover. I felt like I could have taken match 1 if I didn't get lax for a while, and didn't genbust from overheat, but I also feel LCC could have played match1 out if he didn't shoot the echidnas from the start and play the whole match out with an ap lead. The thing that's keeping me away from saying that Beak has a significant edge in the matchup is the fact that Fenrir breaks its legs at around 4500-5000ap average, when usually it takes around 3500-4000ap to do so. Now 5000ap isn't a lot, but that is a good 4000ap out of the 9000ap Beak starts with, so that's a good amount of Fenrir shots. LCC played Military District beautifully, and utilized every last bit of mobility Protostar had to eventually chip away from Beak. As of now I give the matchup 60/40 in Beak's favor, possibly even 55/45.

HAKAN vs Protostar

Well, 98G once again proved itself worthless on a quad, but luckily dual HP is just too goddamn good vs a hover. Even though HAKAN is slower in general, HP has the range to pressure and eventually catch up to that hover anyways. Stun lock that ho-- lights out. HAKAN's still a shitty ac though, so not as one sided as it coulda been. 65/35 in Hakan's favor.

Libra vs Johnnie Walker

It pretty much panned out like I expected. Johnnie Walker didn't have much room to play around with an AP lead, and the Lamia2 wasn't very useful when having to go on the offensive-- hell it's not useful in general. A couple good rm3/tripple pokes from Libra made for some good chunks of AP loss on Johnnie Walker, even with its buff defense, and I was also very much in favor of the way Libra piloted as well. It reminded me of a slower but bulkier Pin Prick-- although possibly not as good overall. Anyways, when Johnnie Walker had to go on the offensive vs Libra, it was a subpar situation, and Johnnie Walker's ability to close the gap or flank isn't the best either. I give the matchup a 70/30 in favor of Libra.

Purple Jesus vs Phil Collins

The vids aren't up yet, but it was funny seeing the Jesus Defense tank its way through two straight matches and RM3 and BP and actually make Phil Collins run out of ammo with time to spare in both rounds. That was about the end of the fun for Purple Jesus though. It just doesn't have the raw 'get out of my face' ability that it could have, and isn't that fast to keep a decent range to boot-- basically the same issues as an AC like Green Eye. That's ok though, because the Purple Jesus was built to be a buffer Green Eye. I had a version with Shade/FA but I like the version with Shadow and S3 better, because it's more stylistic with the Jesus Defense. I think if the Phil Collins pilot wasn't so good with pressuring, or if he ran into some RM3/Nymphe rounds, he'd be in decent trouble (as it stood, neither me or LCC took much hits at all form the missile while using Phil Collins). I'd give this matchup a 65/25 in favor of Phil Collins.

Edited by TMRaven

Nice vids, GG PD! I actually have been messing around with Libra, made a few minor changes. Hangars are now 69h and head is eye4 got rid of the back radar. Right hand is HP. Played around with the tunes too.

I'd like to challenge Pin Prick with it since it reminded TM of it more or less, new version of Libra is in my garage. I think Pin Prick's speed and weapons should give it a hard time and I think it's probably an uphill battle for Libra, should be interesting either way.

Probably longer than the usual. Since I've switched to Lion, avidemux is one of the programs that's no longer supported, because the developers never ported it as an intel program, so I'm forced to use it in windows. I don't particularly like being on windows either, and I find it cold and unwelcoming compared to osx, so.

Yah, the core on my AC is definitely not needed. Haha. I just make sure all my staple ACs have OB, werd. Really, changing to 99UL would probably do wonders for the bot. I'm sure you'd enjoy me switching out Lotus too. Hahaha.

=3

I'll have to watch the fights later tonight, though. Doing a forum sweep right now.

Damn I didn't realize it, but LCC was using F73H on Beak instead of F69. I think that's a better choice overall-- especially in that Beak vs Protostar matchup. F69's range just wasn't as good to get close enough to Protostar, yet keep a lock on long enough against 91HM, which jukes left and right faster than a speeding bullet. I think I'll have to use that from now on, the lock is still big enough to use on a hover.

Only problem is 69M is probably just as prominent as Nymphe. Really it's not about either of those backmaounts as it's about RM3. You'd definitely want F73H for faster vert lock tho. Limpet can use Orbits pretty easily.