Pendragon

Minimum:

For Windows Users

Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c

Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+

NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better

1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)

12 GB available HD space

DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)

Broadband* Internet connection

1024x768 minimum resolution

Recommended:

For Windows Users

Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)

Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz

2 GB RAM

NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Edited by supplice.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My laptop is a Dell XPS 1530.

Oh wait a moment, I almost forgot.

I have this other computer at my disposal.

It's something my dad made for shits and giggles.

I'm not super sure of the technical specs. But it has something like 6 brand spanking new AMD CPU's, 16gbs of RAM, and a 160gb SSD all on a hoping mad setup. He's got an even more powerful video card somewhere that he bought while one of his co-workers was borrowing this machine to try it out.

Maybe I should try D3 on it?

Yeah x6 AMD Phenom II X6 1045T CPU's, so each one being 2.7ghz that would make it a 16.2ghz computer.

I wonder if games are going to eventually boil down to pressing one button to do everything, because hotkeying and depth are so hard to work with now and days.

Only thing that disappoints me about this game is the streamlining of it. I wanna build my character wrong if I so damn well please.

The game still offers up some entertainment but I prefer Diablo 2.

Edited by Guest

My laptop is a Dell XPS 1530.

your laptop should be able to handle it

Yeah x6 AMD Phenom II X6 1045T CPU's, so each one being 2.7ghz that would make it a 16.2ghz computer.

no. even if it did, windows wouldnt even know what to do with it.

Edited by supplice.

I wish I could just strike with my melee weapon..

without hearing that my skill pool is empty

other than that I've had fun with it so far. I've got D2, haven't installed it though.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

I'm digging the skill management for D3. The system for D2 was kinda flawed in that you had no mana early and late game you never had to worry about it. Also, it seems +stats gear is what you should be shooting for. Only exception seems to be for the +x damage. The few points you get have a phenomenal effect on dps.

Speaking of dps, the demon hunter has plenty of it. Below is the build that I'm using right now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aQZXVj!Ybe!ZaZZaa

When you get higher +stats and attack speed outweigh +damage a bunch. In the barb's case you end up wanting to do nothing but tank in inferno so it's all about vit and resists.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aeSdkj!aWe!baaaaZ

That's my current setup. I'm getting about 900 dps and just beat the game yesterday or day before. I dig spike traps way more than caltrops. The damage gets pretty sick.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/dawn

That's the only legendary I've got at the moment and it's on loan from noob until he levels a DH high enough to use it so I'm keeping my eye out for another.

I really like bola for bosses because of the damage boost but I don't like the explosion delay. I always feel like it makes me run away more and if I'm running away then I'm not shooting shit. I might swap out sentry for cluster arrow because cluster has such awesome damage. Sentry is great for crowds though and just that added DPS.

That's why I roll with evasive fire. It's a hatred generator and fires quick. Does more damage than hungering arrow too. I use it to generate hatred if I'm low. If not, then I use cluster arrows or impale. Edited by Ethos

Evasive fire is great for that, yeah, but I play weird with it when it's on the action bar and it eats up too much discipline as left mouse. I could roll right mouse with it but I like that for chakrams. I'm going to mess around with stuff after work and add you to my friends list since I haven't done that yet.

@john: yeah, I hear ya. I changed my controls so that the action bar is QWER instead of 1234 for easier access. I'm not too worried about the discipline though cause it only uses discipline when you do it close to the enemy. I use up all my discipline vaulting all over the place and I usually end up far enough that I don't use up discipline with evasive fire.

Chakrams are dope with bola shot btw, especially the twin ones. Ya though add me, we gotta game.

@ noob: hell ya man, I had fun. We ran through everything, it was great.

@art: that's hilarious. It be great seeing the last boss fall for that lol.

mag has to find every reason possible to justify his hatred towards mainstream games

!!!

ive been using qwerty because my pinky started to hurt after using 1234 with shift

word, and word.

And yeah man, I couldn't handle using 1234. I knew early on that I needed to change that. QWERTY are all within reach for me.

I use asdf. It's easier for my pinky to find the caps lock and shift keys.

Btw, my tag is Rachis#1998. I'm using hardcore characters for the most part, but keeping my softcore demon hunter. It's at level 34 right now.

[edit] gg ethos and nob. Was fun killing demons with you guys. I'm still digging those Cruel Legwraps of Cruelty lol

Edited by Rachis