Diablo III

Pendragon

The beta, overall, is pretty sweet. I feel like Blizzard improved the flow of the game and made it less tedious. However, I also fear that Diablo 3 will not be as difficult as it's predecessors. It is obviously too early to tell, but the game just feels super accessible. Mainly from the fact that the default attack is gone in favor of all your actions being skill based. While D1 and D2 eventually got that way anyways, you don't have to be so picky on managing your resource early game as before. The game just seems really easy so far. Hopefully, I get proven wrong.

Otherwise, I'm not really missing the lack of character building and the general gameplay improvements are enjoyable.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beta, overall, is pretty sweet. I feel like Blizzard improved the flow of the game and made it less tedious. However, I also fear that Diablo 3 will not be as difficult as it's predecessors. It is obviously too early to tell, but the game just feels super accessible. Mainly from the fact that the default attack is gone in favor of all your actions being skill based. While D1 and D2 eventually got that way anyways, you don't have to be so picky on managing your resource early game as before. The game just seems really easy so far. Hopefully, I get proven wrong.

Otherwise, I'm not really missing the lack of character building and the general gameplay improvements are enjoyable.

beta drop rate % for magical and rares are a lil buffed. auto loot of gold is great, not feeling the health orbs though

i know the game will bump up in difficulty in the actual launch. if it doesnt, thats what hell and hardcore mode is for lol

i feel like theres too much influence of WoW in the game, but that could technically make it a good thing further down the game.

i hope it feels super accessible because Blizzard wants you to feel what youre going to be feeling further down the game, but without all the skills and spells at a low level cap.

i just hope for secret cow level for when i get bored

Edited by supplice.

I meant accessible as in how difficult it is to just jump into the game and play it. I don't like wasting time on easy games.

Hardcore doesn't make the game more difficult. The added pressure of losing your character is just fear that the player puts onto themselves. Playing correctly helps mitigate that pressure.

I meant accessible as in how difficult it is to just jump into the game and play it. I don't like wasting time on easy games.

Hardcore doesn't make the game more difficult. The added pressure of losing your character is just fear that the player puts onto themselves. Playing correctly helps mitigate that pressure.

hardcore on hell from scratch? it can be quite difficult at times

but i have to agree, the game is pretty dumbed down

Oh wow. What a bunch of crybaby bitches.

"Like omg the game looks too cartoony while I launch monsters 30 feet in the air. I'm gonna go cut myself now."

I'm 100% sure that a development team is not going to change it's art direction unless it's something that they themselves want to commit to. If there is going to be any bitching done it should be about how you can only play the game online. However, a pretty legitimate reason was given for that. In fact, the only good reason I can think of.

Not to mention the amount of time it takes to create everything visually. It's like everyone who signed the petition or even considered it has no clue about the development process whatsoever. Fucking modern gamers!

Edited by Rachis

Hey, if they gave me3 a new ending, maybe they'll give this a whole new look. It's what the fans want. Apparently you're allowed to petition everything you're unsatisfied with to get it changed.

In video games, that is.

Edited by Jackson Lacey

Just so you guys know, shits old news now, that petition's from back in 2008 hence 64,263 signatures.

Here was their response in case any of you were interested.

http://multiplayerbl...r-turns-tables/

Wilson: More rain? It's funny because if you watch later on in the [debut gameplay] video, we have more rain. It is much stronger than that. I'm sure they got rid of the rainbow. Yeah, rainbow -- gone. I think our artist just put [the rainbow] in there because they knew that'd be controversial. And I'm sure they were like, "Well we'll see how far we can push it."

lol, what smartasses.

Edited by Nomrah

Regardless, too many petitions out there. People need to learn to deal with what they're given.

Trust me, I can deal. I had to learn to endure the atrocities Konami has been putting the Silent Hill franchise through, everything else pales in comparison by this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qW76u_IQTY&feature=fvst

Edited by Nomrah

• 3 weeks later...

I am absolutely loving how bad the release has gone. Five of my friends who were so hyped for the game have already just completely lost interest after it, because they legit thought the game would be developed like one and two. And the ensuing comedy is hilarious with the added benefit of more Torchlight 2 players.

http://i.imgur.com/MuL1t.png

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17mu2pxsi84p6jpg/original.jpg

http://kotaku.com/59...diablo-iii-fans

Oh, and avoid equipping shields if you still intend to play. ;D

Edited by Magnus

I thought Blizzard had figured out servers by now when launching games.

Was the same with World of Warcraft, and Starcraft 2.

Always, always overdo it on server power for the first few weeks. First impressions are everything for video games these days.

But I guess that doesn't matter because there were around 2 million Diablo 3 purchases.