Decline of Capcom

Magnus

If you're not blind, retarded, or a plain imbecile, you've clearly noticed Capcom sucks now.

The creator of Megaman has quit, and the lead character designer behind Chuck Greene and Frank West, and a few others I believe, left long ago around DR2's release. But you could really say it all started beforehand.

We've come to a time where a sequel must be a justifiable standalone game. Where if you're making another game with the same exact gameplay, you better have a damn huge load of new content alongside it, otherwise it should just be DLC.

1. So when Super Street Fighter 4 was announced, I'm sure plenty of people choked on whatever they were eating/drinking at the time. I know I did. To add insult to injury, Capcom proved SSF4 could have been DLC with the Arcade Edition DLC.
  2. According to Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 3 was made for the fans. But any fan could probably look at the game and tell Capcom more than half-assed it. It's like it was made in a drunk fit over the weekend. There's barely half the characters, there are plenty of characters people didn't want plus a significant lack of characters people DID want, She-Hulk has an infinite combo that was actually allowed in EVO, there were some characters put up for DLC long after release and were planned for released but costed money anyway while barely bringing it back up to MvC2's roster, every game is Dark Phoenix, and to top that all off, instead of releasing a free patch to balance out She-Hulk's infinite combo or make Dark Phoenix less overpowered, they release a full new Ultimate MvC3. Players were denied a patch to balance the game, and are being made to pay tons for it if they want to stay in the game. And you know what? Still no Megaman even though he was ALREADY MADE in Tatsunoku vs Capcom. And Frank West, also in there, gets ported after a long time directly into the 'give us more money' edition. Obviously a game "made for the fans" turned out to not actually be made for the fans.
  3. Now how about a game that couldn't be anything BUT for the fans? Megaman Legends 3, something fans have clamored for. Poor Megaman is stuck up on a planet. Everyone wants him down. Everyone wanted more! And it started to come! And bam. Cancelled. Megaman Universe, an end all Megaman game to all Megaman games that could forever be expanded upon, far more than Megaman Powered Up. Cancelled. Anyone who said 'Megaman is dead' isn't wrong at this point, because he was just killed twice in development.
  4. Dead Rising, and Dead Rising 2. Fine games. Dead Rising: Chop til you drop was a bastardized rerelease for Wii. Why? No doubt they somehow lost money doing that. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. This is DR2, but with Frank West. This is exactly the same with minor dialogue and story changes. That's it. Why isn't it DLC? Because DLC doesn't net as much money as a pointless "sequel." They wanted to imitate their own fighting games, you could say.
  5. Devil May Cry. Someone else is making the game better than Capcom. Yeah. This is self explanatory.
  6. Lost Planet? Great. Lost Planet 2? Someone shoved Street Fighter timing and the bad part of relying on your team in Monster Hunter. It was horrible. Fans have no idea what happened here. No one does. Probably not even Capcom.
  7. Dark Void wasn't even FINISHED before it was released.
  8. Resident Evil 5.
  9. Bionic Commando. The shooter one. Just.... wow.
  10. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, not even being ported to the west. Because of pirating. (Fun fact: I have never, ever pirated a game in my life. And now, more than ever, do I feel the need to pirate MHP3 because I can't buy it in English. Capcom doesn't understand what they just did. Not. At. All.)
  11. http://www.gamingsurvival.com/wp-content/u...om-mistakes.jpg

Incredible, isn't it? It seems Capcom only wants to focus on 'Versus' games. Coming up: Capcom vs Square Enix and Nintendo.

(I'm sorry but I just gotta expand on the pirating thing. What the fuck? They don't release it in the west because people were pirating it, and in turn force fans of the game and the people who already pirate their games to pirate it TOGETHER! That's even MORE pirating you fucking idiots. What the fuck is the point of not releasing a game because of pirating if it means you're gonna be PIRATED MORE? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT I AM MAD)

Edited by Obscure

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still mostly enraged about the unnecessary DMC reboot and the stupidity regarding Megaman Legends.

Which is funny considering I would probably be really interested in the "new" Dante if he wasn't replacing a superior established character. And if he didn't look too pathetic to wield his own arms, much less a Doctor Octogonopus Sword.

Check out the description for this forum. It's good to go. Besides, there's a plenty to talk about with how badass Capcom is at the moment.

For instance, there's so many groups and even a petition to get MML3 back on track. Is it ever going to happen? Absolutely not. All these teen-20 something aged nostalgia gamers are getting their hopes up for nothing. It's funny.

I hope if Legends 3 EVER sees the light of day, they put it on a system other than the 3DS.

Make it multiplat maybe? Hell, make it a downloadable on XBL or PSN. Just something.

but this is Capcom: the Activision of Japan. So of course they won't do it.

Edited by Pendragon

What is, your Capcom vat?

But seriously, as you get more experienced and jaded as a gamer, you will never recapture the old joy you had of new games.

Because now you automatically dissect them, break them down, and complain when whatever you wanted wasn't incorporated.

Either that or the game isn't released when you think it should be.

Life is a trial by disappointment.

Last Capcom game I bought was either sf4 or the Miles Edgeworth ace attorney game. Whichever came out last. I'm down for never buying one from them again if they piss me off. I believe in making a stand out of principle, even if it's ultimately pointless. I'm not sure I'm that angry about things, though, at the moment.

But seriously, as you get more experienced and jaded as a gamer, you will never recapture the old joy you had of new games.

I'm jaded as a person and a gamer, and I still find games that bring a warmth to my dead heart.

When I first played Demon's Souls, no one could tell how happy I truly was.

Because I was completely devoid of any expression, body or face, and completely dead set on staring and thumb movement. Such a wonderful time.

I'm jaded as a person and a gamer, and I still find games that bring a warmth to my dead heart.

When I first played Demon's Souls, no one could tell how happy I truly was.

Because I was completely devoid of any expression, body or face, and completely dead set on staring and thumb movement. Such a wonderful time.

You achieved Gaming Zen. A great feeling, is it not? To simply... play.

Now, if you want to troll about comparisons, let's go ahead and look at Terraria's developers, Re-logic.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/forums/patch-notes.24/

Not only are those ACTUAL CHANGELOGS (gassssssp), but each and every single one contains balancing, fixes, and NEW CONTENT! For FREEEEE! And they're not shy about saying they're gonna add more and more! Why, though? They already got my money, so why not just build up content and make Terraria 2, which is the exact same game with more content?

I never thought I'd say it, but integrity in the game developing business isn't dead. It clearly is for mainstream, but not for indie developers. They are the future. And I won't just say it and leave it at that, oh no. I am all about gaming, and I won't let any point go half said.

Let's look at Moodydata, our resident indie developer. He's taking it nice and slow, being careful to make sure he gets things right and ask for opinions now and again. I appreciate that. I downright respect that shit. It might not be original, but he's doing something like Re-logic that most don't dare; ask for feedback. The other side of the indie development is the innovation. I've never actually liked this game myself, but take a look at this. And then there's

. And as some may remember me posting some time ago,

And I'm sure everyone knows what a success ThatGameCompany has been, my favorite indie dev.

Edited by Obscure