SoulCalibur V

Bakuhatsu Pengin

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except mvc and sc have completely different fighting mechanics (they arent even the same dimenson)

sc3 was too rpg-ish and less figher-ish

i feel like the name should have been something else so that people wouldnt compare it to sc4 or sc3 since its very different from them in terms of game mechanics

i havent played too much online but from what ive played the imput lag does not affect gameplay beyond just imputs

also when we gonna beat each other up wong?

I will master Devil Jin, fo sho. I will do that at least before I quit the game. Too bad Cassy is no longer in this game. I guess I have Pyrrha Omega, but she has Sophy move sets, my old secondary fighter.

I like Lizardman's/Aeon's evolution in the souls series. At first he had a sword and shield, then an axe and shield, and now double axe. So badass. Actually, I might learn him too.

im learning hilde viola and maxi and so far i feel like viola is the easiest to play of the 3, but also the worst

imo og pyrrha is better than pyrrha o because she has a better moveset with more mixups. pyrrha o just has better damage i think

patroklos is more like cass in any case

and dude devil jin is like sean tier he has so much fkn damage

im learning hilde viola and maxi and so far i feel like viola is the easiest to play of the 3, but also the worst

imo og pyrrha is better than pyrrha o because she has a better moveset with more mixups. pyrrha o just has better damage i think

Yeah, Devil Jin does quite a bit of damage. Start attacking someone with some fast hitting moves, and you're halfway to victory!

By the way, has anyone else noticed Nightmare's critical Edge? It's a guard impact, but when your opponent doesn't hit you, it still goes through with it. Weird thing is if it lands, they basically only have a pixel of health left. Me and a friend discovered it by accident.

nightmares CE is a GI but after a set amount of time it will go off anyways

if the opponent hits you, it does around 80-100dmg

if the opponent doesnt hit you and you hit them with it, it will do 190-220dmg

you should add me so we can beat each other up with poorly made CaS!

INSANE-O-FLEX27

I should try Pyrrha out more then. I only played like four hours total of this game so far.

Sean > Chun-Li > Yun > Rest

Games a blast, still learning ins and outs of chars but Aeon has to be my current fave. Pretty straight forward and simple and have to be damned careful cuz of that but he hits like a truck. Also fire breath, can't forget the fire breath

Maxi was good in 3. The key was to mix up his high and low attacks followed by a stun or push back. He was a pretty bad ass character in 3 In my opinion. His Bruce Lee kick also helped close distance.

Everything else I ignored him in.

I watched the story mode to see where some of the complaints were coming from. Theres a lot of bad dialog moments and stupid context.

*bunch of birds fly out* "What was that!?"

Ivy: Your that annoying brat.

Par: Ivy! I was looking for you do you remember me!?

A lot of plot forwarding with out any development. aannnnd...

... It wreaks of incest. Sorry I ment reeks. See what this shit does to your head?

Edited by Guest

Yeah! As long as you want to be bad anyways.

What, did they fix him somehow? Maxipad has always been the most button mash friendly character in any fighting game. He gives even the worst people a chance. It's one of many reasons why I hate him.

Unless by bad you mean that you won't be learning the game, and so won't be able to use any other characters well, and it'll pretty much be a crapshoot every time you play as Maxi. Then yeah, I can agree with that.

Edited by Ataraxis

I bought SCV on a whim after not playing SC in roughly 6-7 years. I have like a million complaints about the game, but I ended up finally enjoying it when I experienced a random casual match with an extremely strong nostalgic factor to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyBVVLaDd14