Shin Megami Tensei

Ataraxis

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like tough cuz of planning

im playing on hard mode so i suspect that is contributing to it but a lot of the time i have to think things out ahead of time and i cant stay in the maze for long cuz its not worth the risk

like other etrian odyssey games rly

the only thing i haven't rly had to think hard on is group structure, ive had to make the right personas a few times for areas but otherwise it hasnt been an issue, i havent been forced to use certain parties yet or anything, altho the new char might be part of why there

fusing is the same, the way personas are used isnt

i dunno man how many games do u play? if ur like john where u'r buying/playing like 20-30 games a year maybe hold off

if ur like me and u buy like 4 a year and ur also a smt fanboy then u gotta get this one

so i'm thru the first area and my review so far is: this game is pretty great

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah see, I thought Matador was a bit farther into the game. So when the fight start I was "ohhhhshit. Now's not the time for this."

I'm more then likely gonna grind up to level 15, make some demons and have a go at him again. You're able to make all the Fiends right?

matador is like the 2nd boss of the game

and its supposed to be inconvinient cuz its nocturne there's nothing convinient about that world

everything wants you dead

you can make them after you defeat them and have a deathstone available, along with w/e conditions are needed for it too

you shouldn't need to grind much tbh just play smarter

just remember the game doesn't want you to win so it'll go for fast kills if you leave the opening, especially on hard mode

you should just always assume you're about to fight a fiend tbh

if you play the game that way you'll be better off

ya the thing is do the recon, fight a bit in an area and learn what monsters carry and plan for that as you go

that way you know which magatama to equip to not get instant-death'd into the floor

and try to resist things always especialy in boss fights, you gotta find ways to make the enemy lose turns

i'd give you some more specific combat advice but there isn't really a point cuz nearly anything works if you're smart

i've beaten the game on hard mode with bscly every kind of build i can think of even dumb shit like magma axis man

• 1 month later...

Yeah I know! It was some trailer.

Looks like they're using the Catherine engine, which is nice. It's definitely a bit of a shift away from the past two games in the dungeon crawling aspect.

A release date would be nice though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...