Shin Megami Tensei

Ataraxis

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's weird is that it's Erthrys and not Gnome hahahaha

ur using the weaker elemental

still shouldn't totally matter and like we already discovered there's a good chance the lower one is better if u start it from scratch after getting all the apps for boosting stats on level up

Did I mention my lvl 99 Isis has like 140+ on every damn stat?

Starting low is god

Yeah, I didn't really plan it out, I just had two dudes that made a great one that I wasn't going to do anything else with. I do actually like Earthys more than Gnome, though. I like most of the elements overall.

Yeah that was a pleasant surprise in the game, that some of the low level guys can end up so powerful. I mean it makes sense once you understand the mechanics of the game (namely that resistance is all that matters) but that's pretty counterintuitive to previous SMT games.

I haven't played this game all week I've been writing as much as I can hahaha

okay I lied I did the new DLC real fast but that's it

I'm gonna waste a ton of time buying ALL of the best gear tho before starting ng+

that way I can spend time changing suits at will like a hoss

I'm partial to deity mask/freedom armor/boy shorts right now

Guess I should have probably wrote in that I was referring to demons about resistances and shit.

Don't get me wrong though, looking fly in armor in most games. The odd game I'll wear armor for defense and stuff.

Well, I know for Beelzebub (Is he even considered one?), you need to do this one quest in Toyosu or something.

Seriously man though, that's crazy. Crazier still though you have to find the damn fiends. I was really pumped to fight the fiends only to learn there's a fucking process for them. I'm all for progressing to them but this is just infuriating.

Yeah like when I read (I finally started looking that shit up) that it was like 1/256 chance to make them spawn in their spot, and that you gotta do some stupid bullshit to make the RNG reset I was like NAAAAHHHHHHH I'm good man I don't want to fight them that bad

oh uhhh

my stupid ass lower lvl guys I pushed to 99 (lower level being defined as like lvl 40 and under at base):

Nekomata - Dark Energy/Deadly Fury/Pierce Physical/High Phys Pleroma/Bloody Glee/Null Light/Null Dark/Repel Ice (demifiend neko lolol)

Pixie - Riot Gun/High Gun Pleroma/Dark Energy/Antichthon/Samarecarm/Life Surge/Null Light/Null Dark

Pele - Antichthon/Salvation/Samarecarm/Concentrate/Life Surge/Null Light/Null Dark/Resist Ice (lol) (super pixie pt 2)

The base stats are so high the lowest stat for each is 184 Ma for Pixie, 176 St for Pele, 149 Dx for Nekomata

also here's one thing I discovered that's kind of a trip, higher base levels will generally have more HP. All of those demons have 100-200 less than the high level equiv. Honestly that might be a dealbreaker depending on how Expert difficulty attacks hit point totals. I know in Normal if you do high tier shit and you can't get at least 700 hp after doping the guy is almost useless.

Oh I forgot to say, Beelzebub isn't a fiend. He's a tyrant iirc. He's also quite good if you didn't get him yet.

Fiends are all in the fiend class, and traditionally it's the 4 riders, Trumpeter, Matador, Mother Harlot, and they added David. Daisoujou is in the fiend class too but I don't think he made this game?

So basically my opinion is if you want good end/post-game doods look at the lvl 50-80 grouping. That catches just about anyone worth having. Above that there's a few based on resistances but otherwise yeah. I think that's safe.

No idea I haven't looked it up. I'm willing to bet almost all of the fiends are special fusion tho they tend to be in other games too, in some way or another.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Fiend#Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV

how's that new outfit look that came out today? I haven't seen it yet I DL'd it in the morning but told myself no playing smt4 until the weekend so I can focus on writing.

It said traje de luces in the description so I'm thinking it's a matador outfit since iirc that's what u call the matador's suit in bullfighting.

Really? I love megaman 3 it was the first one I bought brand new. Yes, I am that old.

Fuckin annoyed cuz I just made an Alraune and fucking pierce gun is on masakado's shadow...which the Alraune was in the group to kill fml then again fuck it I got enough demifiends walking around I dont need more

I rolled DLC masakado with ongyo-ki pele and nekomata lol such bs

Yeah I just couldn't get into it. I'm not too big into side-scrolling platforms, but I thought I'd give Megaman 3 a chance.

Oh so it is Masakado. Is he like, poorly designed like pretty much all the new designs or is he at least decent?

poorly designed lol the dlc masakado is better than the smt4 masakado at least, looks wise

still doesn't compare to old masakado designs tho :(

you know there was one new design I realized I liked a lot but now I cant remember it...

the best megaman tbh is 2. And X. Those are the two to play imo if you're not like into megamans but you want to try one. Really friendly games but also quality.

That's great. Yeah the smt2 art is like same as smt1 art iirc

nocturne they change and ditto persona 3/4. That's the masakado I like best, as well. The kabuki inspired one

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111001020229/megamitensei/images/2/24/Masakado.JPG

pretty cool

btw lucifer's art in smt4 might have infuriated me more than anything

Edited by YUNG ADULT CONTEMPORARY

bruh that got me HOT that was the single worst re-design I've seen

A lot of them made me sad some made me angry but the Lucifer one made me rage cuz I just don't get it at all

I just can't understand any of the symbolism involved in it man, at all

that's what smt art is all about too symbolism

the DLC outfit based on him is hilarious tho especially the "helmet"