Dark Souls II

Kaleidoscope

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SL = soul level, right. That's bscly the total value of your guy's stats.

SM = soul memory, which is the total amount of souls you've accumulated on the file. Souls is basically currency in this game, it's how you buy gear, pay for services, gain soul levels, etc. Basically doing anything either gives you or costs souls, but SM never goes down cuz it's just the running counter of all the souls you've ever attained.

hex edited file using CFW

i been using an MM to test as many builds/weapons as possible but after i found out about the SM SL thing i upped my SM to about 2mil at SL130 for bob

my legit acct is kinda fkd in the ass cuz i got somethin like 3.8mil SM and im only SL 129 but it still works out for pvp cuz people suck

i also got a shitload of hatemail from doing dagger backstabs and ripostes last night man thats gotta be the most fun thing ever

that and i thought i saw TMs alt acct IlIllIlIllIllI but it turned out to be a huge scrub that i penetrated or maybe it was actually tm and hes a scrub

120 is where it's at. Only ppl that need to get higher are casters. I put down 38 points in adp initially and I was still able to kill ppl. When I lost, it's cause I got outplayed, not because I had 32 wasted levels.

Something so many ppl seem to struggle with. Everyone wants to blame everything but themselves when they lose haha. There's no ownership anymore.

I'm sticking with 120, unless the people I'm gonna play with want to go higher for duels.

We just all gotta get some kind of SM coordination to play each other hahaha. There's so many sweet spots to pick too in this game to duel in too. I'm not about the bridge in iron keep tho that's overused. Edited by POSTER X

I think that spot with the giant sword in forest of fallen giants would be cool. Smelter demon area is also good. Beginning area of bright stone alcove is dope IMO, with the tents. We can fight like men around the sand whirpool too lol. There's a lot of cool places inside drangleic castle also. Dope scenery.

Yea man honestly I'd have a hard time choosing a spot to pick. We could always just alternate spots too just to keep things fresh as well. Anything that's relatively close to a bonfire and is medium-sized flat open area is cool. Hell even some elevation differences and obstacles is cool too that gives some other strategic elements.

We could all just fight in black gulch in giant's cave where it's pitch black.

Gonna copy/paste what I posted over on gamefaqs, talking about stamina recovery:

Ok I am back with frame testing. The results were...perplexing. It seems like the game has a bit of both the breakpoint system, and the smooth gradation mechanic going for it. However I also got inconsistent results as well, and I really can't explain it other than maybe slight frame inaccuracy with my software, but who knows. The results however should be good enough to let you know what to strive for in the game:

0% 137 frames

1% 139 frames

2% 142 frames

3% 144 frames

4% 144 frames

5% 144 frames

6% 140 frames

7% 142 frames

8% 144 frames

9% 143 frames

10% 141 frames

15% 143 frames

20% 144 frames

30% 146 frames

37.5% 155 frames

40% 162 frames

47% 170 frames

50% 171 frames

60% 185 frames

70% 211 frames

What we can take away from this, is that 30% is the major breakpoint to be under if you want to have as much recovery rate as possible. From over 30 to 70% is a mixed bag, with inconsistent gradations of change to the recovery rate, but from 60-70% is a big change (near half a second), so you would at least want to be at 60% of your equip burden, and not near 70%. From 40-50% isn't much of a change, so 50% is also a good breakpoint to be under if you want a mix of armor and stamina.

In short, the breakpoints you want to be under:

30% for fastest stamina recovery

50% for medium stamina recovery

60% for subpar stamina recovery

Edited by POSTER X