Armored Core: Verdict Day Discussion

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iirc the issue was basically they botched the pre-ordering situation badly, mainly because they sold way more copies of the game than they planned for. Most people who ordered wizard's addition got it super late because of that. Myself included.

Also some doods called PlayCanada ran a big scam on a ton of people and took their dough. Namco didn't know about them til after the game released so they had to put up with all the complaints from people who got con'd by PC.

Pretty much this, yeah. They handled the Canadian pre-order situation particularly badly, too. We were told for months it wouldn't even be available (which makes no sense), then they opened and promptly closed it to Canadians towards the very end without any notice.

Also they opened it up for an extra day when they were already short. So someone botched the numbers pretty badly.

As a result, I've got the standard edition.

I mean, I'd think they would have taken a lesson out of it, and ACVD doesn't have anywhere near the hype NNK did. Should be fine!

I don't mind the same story, as long as they put a spin on it to make it worth the effort.

For all the flaws ACV had, for example, I can't hate it because of how great the villain was. The Chief is the new Nineball, with none of the overrated-ness feeling.

Yeah AC1 had the best story. Although AC2 was sort of cool with the whole mission to mars thing and also the ancient aliens distorder units and all that.

Nineball was a beast. Yo the first time it was myself and one of my boys. Just trying to make it up those cubes for the first time was hard as hell. Then trying to face two Nineballs was nuts. "stop...come no further."