Playstation 4

SUMERIAN BLOOD GOD

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the people at microsoft thinking when they make these controllers? "Let's just make a fat boomerang."

Looking at the ps3 d-pad from this angle, maybe it wont be so bad. But isn't the d-pad smaller on the new one than it was on the privious shell?

I don't care about looks as much as feel. The PS4 controller looks comfortable.

Dualshock 2 and Dualshock 3 are like, exactly the same except for the R2 buttons and DS3 is wireless.

Sixaxis was different cuz it was crazy light.

My controllers say both DS3 and Sixaxis on them, so I don't know which they'd be in the ones you are referring. I know there's different ones because of a lawsuit or something, but I'm not sure I've tried both.

Anyway, beyond the triggers, I also find the sticks on every PS3 controller I've used are far looser than the DS2. I hate both those aspects of the controller. Plus they all just feel more cheaply constructed in general. I can see the PS4 controllers being more expensive by virtue of more technology, but either way, I really hope they don't have that same feel.

I am a little disappointed, BF4 multiplayer graphics did not look like much of an improvement over BF3's. Although maybe that's just because the environments and color palette are exactly the same.

SO YOURE TELLIN ME YOU NEED MORE LENS FLARE HUH

http://www.sliceofthe.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/bf3-2011-09-29-01-14-32-75.jpg

I am a little disappointed, BF4 multiplayer graphics did not look like much of an improvement over BF3's. Although maybe that's just because the environments and color palette are exactly the same.

They really aren't that much better. Perhaps a little cleaner and minus the FUCKING STUPID BLUE TINT. IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE A NIGHT MAP DICE, NOT A MAP FULL OF BLUE.

My controllers say both DS3 and Sixaxis on them, so I don't know which they'd be in the ones you are referring. I know there's different ones because of a lawsuit or something, but I'm not sure I've tried both.

Anyway, beyond the triggers, I also find the sticks on every PS3 controller I've used are far looser than the DS2. I hate both those aspects of the controller. Plus they all just feel more cheaply constructed in general. I can see the PS4 controllers being more expensive by virtue of more technology, but either way, I really hope they don't have that same feel.

DS3 had Sixaxis motion stuff built in (which reminds me: when was the last time you played a game that used the motion controls?) but Sixaxis (the first generation of PS3 controllers) lacked the rumble feature. I remember that lawsuit but don't remember what the ruling was or what the consequences were. Sony's still making DS3s so I guess things worked out.

I don't feel that difference. I was going back and forth last night between my PS2 and PS3 controllers and wasn't feeling an appreciable difference. The L2/R2 buttons on the PS3 were the biggest difference to me and I actually like those. They're way more effective for stuff where you need pressure-sensitive controls, like acceleration in racing games. They're inferior if all you need is a button but they add extra capability so I'm cool with them.

DS3 had Sixaxis motion stuff built in (which reminds me: when was the last time you played a game that used the motion controls?) but Sixaxis (the first generation of PS3 controllers) lacked the rumble feature. I remember that lawsuit but don't remember what the ruling was or what the consequences were. Sony's still making DS3s so I guess things worked out.

I don't feel that difference. I was going back and forth last night between my PS2 and PS3 controllers and wasn't feeling an appreciable difference. The L2/R2 buttons on the PS3 were the biggest difference to me and I actually like those. They're way more effective for stuff where you need pressure-sensitive controls, like acceleration in racing games. They're inferior if all you need is a button but they add extra capability so I'm cool with them.

Okay, yeah, I think I might have used the non-rumble ones years ago. As for motion controls...uh...I've played Flower, Journey, and Uncharted 1 and 2 pretty recently. I don't use them at all for Journey, though. Uncharted games is just grenade aiming, and in U2 you can change it (I actually preferred the motion aiming).

I definitely think triggers are the way to go for the reasons you stated, but I feel they were done pretty poorly on the PS3 controllers. I find the 360 triggers significantly better.