Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, new news :P. I was wondering when there'd be another update. The focus on more tactical gameplay in multiplayer sounds interesting actually. Granted I have never had a chance to actually play any sort of multiplayer AC before, but a sort of COOP mode sounds like it'd would be a lot of fun. As long as the vanilla versus modes are still intact too. The 2012 US/EU release date is a little disheartening but not really surprising (provided that information is accurate). I'm certainly looking forward to it :P

There's one thing that's been bugging me about all these new screenshots and the new trailer.

All the "back weapons" seem to be mounted on the back of the shoulders, and to be honest, they don't even look like back weapons. They look like arm weapons being stored on the back of the shoulders. I haven't seen a single missile launcher or folded cannon in any of these.

There's one thing that's been bugging me about all these new screenshots and the new trailer.

All the "back weapons" seem to be mounted on the back of the shoulders, and to be honest, they don't even look like back weapons. They look like arm weapons being stored on the back of the shoulders. I haven't seen a single missile launcher or folded cannon in any of these.

I figure the back weapons are the Over weapon systems. but that's speculation.

Some people I occasionally chat with and I are all looking forward to it, especially with the latest info. Going to have the clan page created a year early to get it out of the way lolol

It looks fucking awesome to me, and the online mode news is like music to my ears. Or eyes. Goodbye, 50 hours of my life.

The amount of parts doesn't matter.

The amount of usable parts does however.

Good counterpoint, but that attitude would change pretty quickly IF they allowed us to tune parts like in Last Raven.

Suddenly 10 useless generators become 10 viable generators, and etc.

Hmm, if those aren't pre-rendered, I'm definitely gonna enjoy this game. I also wonder if they let you view your AC in the garage like that at all times.

I was a fan of that in Last Raven and in AC4+FA. You really get to see your hard work put into action.

Edited by Pendragon

I want a generator that is all cap, one is that is all recharge, and one that is all weight. All the other stats are poor on it besides the generators main stat. I also want to pimp out my exhaust pipes. And I want to drape things on my rearview mirror.

AC5 should bring back the ROZ.

Heh, ROZ for life! I honestly don't think I ever used any of the other generators in AC3/SL. Except for maybe the VE905 on occasion.

I think I would sorta like to see a large number of parts just so there won't be so many cookie-cutter designs, but it really depends on how well they are balanced. And therein lies the problem; more parts, harder to balance them all out. If FR will take the time to work on their part balancing then maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised. Part tuning (sorta like was done in NX/LR) might help with that a little bit though.

Edited by Mechadon