Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

I kinda see what you're saying, but it still sounds like it could also be done with just a quick OB burst. Besides, how would one activate it? If you're just charging your main booster for a quick burst of speed, how would the game differentiate between "I want to boost forward" and "I want to charge-boost forward"?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'd say quick boost would be good, but maybe shorten the time the boosters are active during the boost, or hell, make the noise for the boost so loud that it actually draws enemies towards you. And maybe make it so not all AC's have the ability to quick boost. Have lightweight mechs use Quick boost to the greatest effect, midweight mechs can still use it, but not as well as a light weight, and heavyweight mechs can't use it at all.

I wouldn't mind the PS2 style QB being built into the ACs, either. That way you don't have to equip the parts. I just don't like the rapid refire speed and such of the new QB system. Just take all the extension boosters in LR and build them into the AC by default with the same heavy cost to their use.

LR had a turn booster, forward booster, back booster, and hover booster.

For everyone's reference the new locking mechanism is hereby dubbed as the LockSoupcan, LockCan for short. Or if you want to be lame a LockCylinder.

If it somehow actually operates in a way where the longest range is at the center of the circle and gets lower as you reach the edges then you can call it a LockBall.

Oh man, we're gonna have so many names for this thing. Hahahahahaha. I honestly think it's a screenwide lockeye again like in 4/fA. I think the ring just appears once you've targetted something as a form of centralized HUD. I'd really prefer the old lockbox system, even if it was replaced with a ring.

And maybe make it so not all AC's have the ability to quick boost. Have lightweight mechs use Quick boost to the greatest effect, midweight mechs can still use it, but not as well as a light weight, and heavyweight mechs can't use it at all.

I see the logic, but that would make LWs pretty OP. HWs would have to be buffed to hell and back to stand a chance against a QB-equipped LW if they don't have QB themselves.

I'd like QB again. Just with something closer to the LR intervals. I think QB is a great idea, but it shouldn't be spammable so much that non-QB movement becomes obsolete. Give it a 5+ second interval and I'd love to see it show up in ACV.

I see the logic, but that would make LWs pretty OP. HWs would have to be buffed to hell and back to stand a chance against a QB-equipped LW if they don't have QB themselves.

True... or they could give HWs a fast turn rate and a decent fcs for ranged weapons. And if that doesn't work, they could just give all ACs QB, but nerf it down depending on how heavy the AC actually is.

why isnt there any screenshots on teh giant 6 bladed rotating chainsaw of fire

did they scrap that idea or something

Hopefully

True... or they could give HWs a fast turn rate and a decent fcs for ranged weapons. And if that doesn't work, they could just give all ACs QB, but nerf it down depending on how heavy the AC actually is.

That's how QB works already.

why isnt there any screenshots on teh giant 6 bladed rotating chainsaw of fire

did they scrap that idea or something

Considering it's gonna be the poster AC of the game, I assume they don't wanna spoil it until later on in development.