Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pilebunkers and oddball weapons please. that's all I ask. landmines and what not.hell yes, ecm/landmine/vert missile combo.

I would love landmines. May be kind of late asking From to include them now though.

Naw, they need to be a high-risk/high reward kind of thing. You take away the high-risk aspect, and there won't be any reason not to use them. If you cram an Overweapon on your AC, you'd better be able to use it or your limited other weapons damn effectively.

Referring to what densuo said up above... will there be a return of heat?

as long as heat isnt retarded like it was in nexus sometimes.

Armored Core: V Speculated Information

- No Quick-Boost

- Everything is on Fire

- AC's can go Berserk

- No Primal Armor

- AC's may be able to Transform

- Return of a Visible Lock-Box

- Slower Boost Speeds

- Heat Mechanics

- Will be Good Enough

- Good NetCode

- During the Great Destruction

- AC's can Walk, Run, and Jump

- Energy Clubs

- Octagonal QB Chains

- Fireballs

- AC's can Burrow

- There is Junk in your Trunk

- EVE Online developers CCP have taken over FROM SOFTWARE

I would certainly not mind seeing flamethrowers make a comeback. :o

gimme... GIMME!!! YES!!! I swear I'll find a way to make them work.

also. I have a feeling ECM may finally become practical in 5.

Here's hoping Rockets maintain blast radius.

EDIT: I also do not want hidden changes. we're all stat whores here. If a change to a part/tuning changes something, I want to know what the hell it is.

Edited by Densuo

EDIT: I also do not want hidden changes. we're all stat whores here. If a change to a part/tuning changes something, I want to know what the hell it is.

Ditto. Hopefully, though, they'll keep the 10k+ ap. that made the game a bit more manageable for me, cuz I couldn't do too much against other AC's in the previous games. I'm not exactly the best pilot out there...

Yeah, having higher numbers doesn't mean a thing when they just go away quicker. There really was no functional difference at all between the standard 4-Digit AP count and AC4s 5-digit count. Edited by Griffon

Ditto. Hopefully, though, they'll keep the 10k+ ap. that made the game a bit more manageable for me, cuz I couldn't do too much against other AC's in the previous games. I'm not exactly the best pilot out there...

Kinda what Exor and Griffy said.

but I can understand where you are coming from. the trick is to keep your cool and remember that in AC you will get hit. just manage that ap and do what you can. I'm not exactly an awesome pilot

as long as heat isnt retarded like it was in nexus sometimes.

Armored Core: V Speculated Information

- No Quick-Boost

- Everything is on Fire

- AC's can go Berserk

- No Primal Armor

- AC's may be able to Transform

- Return of a Visible Lock-Box

- Slower Boost Speeds

- Heat Mechanics

- Will be Good Enough

- Good NetCode

- During the Great Destruction

- AC's can Walk, Run, and Jump

- Energy Clubs

- Octagonal QB Chains

- Fireballs

- AC's can Burrow

- There is Junk in your Trunk

- EVE Online developers CCP have taken over FROM SOFTWARE

Notice the contradiction? Also I think QB abolishment is just wishful thinking. I mean, so far it has been there whole current gen.

Also, personally, I rather have severly limited QB (2-3 eat your bar) than go back to JUMP LEFT, JUMP RIGHT, OB.

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/6048/picture1ir.png

Armored Core's official facebook confirmed that ACV will not do away with 1-on-1 versus mode.

I had no doubts. 1v1 versus is where it's at man.

Edited by Pendragon

1v1 will exist, but will it be of any significance toward unlocking parts? There is still the likely possibility that parts will be unlocked through the multiplayer (I'm thinking of the + parts, specifically), and unless the 1v1 will also contribute toward unlocking parts, I can guarantee you that 1-on-1 matches will be nothing more than a novelty.

1V1 have never contributed to parts before, so I doubt they'll start now. Besides, even though it might not be the meat of online multiplayer now there's no way it'll be demoted to a mere novelty. Think of all the tournaments AC fansites have. 1v1 matches have always been a huge part of AC and that's not about to change. Edited by Griffon

It's just that I keep drawing parallels with Chromehounds which, in terms of this game at least, seems to be heavily present ranging from the squad-based play, to the territory control, to the map overlay, and so on. So if it's anything like Chromehounds in regards to unlocking parts, my guess is that through the single player, you will unlock the basic parts, but through multiplayer you will unlock the + parts (which are arguably better but take a good deal of time and money to unlock).

It's just that I keep drawing parallels with Chromehounds which, in terms of this game at least, seems to be heavily present ranging from the squad-based play, to the territory control, to the map overlay, and so on. So if it's anything like Chromehounds in regards to unlocking parts, my guess is that through the single player, you will unlock the basic parts, but through multiplayer you will unlock the + parts (which are arguably better but take a good deal of time and money to unlock).

I think there will be more of an 'Arena' online mode if that is the case. It'll be a lobby like most fighting games where people can line up to fight each other, like in the tournaments described above. Of course, what I'm saying isn't the actual idea at all, just thinking what might crop up.

Also...what happened to all the AC5 pics? they up and vanish because...something went screwy with the watermark?