Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

All I want is quick access to a 1 v 1 mode without having to jump through hoops like playing 5000000000000 matches to unlock AC5's ROZ or whatever.

That's basically what I want, too. I really want a solid spectator mode that doesn't require me to suicide out of the arena, too. Easy access non-territory PvP mode with options for 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4, not having to waste time collecting parts would be wonderful, and a solid spectator mode. I'd also enjoy the AC5 garage being made with the screenshotting community in mind. These kind of things would make content generation easier.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of cool shit: Take note of the picture of the whole AC, and with the arms - left and right can be of a different make? Unfortunately the garage picture posted below doesn't offer much more info.

In-game screenshots (1 of 2)

In-game screenshots (2 of 2): Check out that awesome sniper picture (number 8)!

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225434_160638887333684_135940349803538_387571_8067059_n.jpg

Howitzer :o

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/221665_160638904000349_135940349803538_387572_4656056_n.jpg

TL;DR

Those in favor of team play or the new team-play features:

PD, Niji, Ren, Jackson, Densuo, Vivirtruvian X

Those against the removal of 1v1/In favor of 1v1 over team:

Exorcet, Lenin, Pen, Adonael

Neutral:

Nob

I'm in favour of the changes, mostly because I feel that for the first time in a long time, there is going to be a genuine sense of community and usefulness attached to sites such as ACU and ACO. Team forums and such are likely to be more than a common meeting place for a group of players to organise some matches and loosely discuss strategy and team politics - if the team online is implemented as we are expecting, legitimate and sophisticated strategies may actually be discussed and implemented. That said, 1v1 is necessary so that anyone can play a game to their standards and liking at any time. It's just going to add another (welcome) dimension to the game that is going to bring the AC online community even closer together than AC4 and 4A did.

There, I contributed.

Edited by Sandra Bullock

I'm not sure how that's a problem?

Let's be honest, unless AC fans have changed dramatically over the last 3 or so years since I stopped playing, they're generally egomaniacs who think they're some kind of unique and special snowflake, and wanting to prove their as good as whatever anime hero they live up to. They always want to go 1v1 to prove they are the greatest pilot in history. It's one of the biggest reasons getting team tournaments into the mainstream was so hard, back in the day.

I don't see how it being a novelty matters. If the option to have 1v1 is there, it's going to get used, heavily. AC players are fags.

this is my personal opinion.

The Elites of the game will be the ones fighting it out on 1v1. 1v1 will serve for separating the elite from the weaboo pretenders and may also find purpose in training or coaching weaker players individually. good place to settle a dispute or two.

weaker players will probably enjoy the team aspect as teamplay can be fun and because, lets be honest, ego's not as big a deal here.

creative blokes like me will definetly enjoy team based more because there will be more creativity involved. there are far more tactics viable in team based play as opposed to 1v1. everyone who wasn't Chuave (because he whored tanks) and myself (too stupid using RJs the wrong way for a majority of the time) had damn well the same carbon copy mech in AC4/FA for 1v1 and I can guaruntee that this will likely be the same topic come 5.

I'll likely focus on team play as I know I'm going to be nothing more then a gatekeeper at best in 1v1. I'm not gonna have the time for it.

inb4StriferZer0

anyway. I'm just hoping above all else that variety is added. I do not want to see certain things dominate as that will mean cookie cutters which in turn makes the game lame. Street FIghter 4 was nothing but Ken Fighter 4 for a long time.

Edited by Densuo

this is my personal opinion.

The Elites of the game will be the ones fighting it out on 1v1. 1v1 will serve for separating the elite from the weaboo pretenders and may also find purpose in training or coaching weaker players individually. good place to settle a dispute or two.

Yeah, I don't know about that. Team play will let the top of the top teabag everyone else into oblivion. I know I'll be looking to get Bato and PD on my team so we can put our nuts on punks' foreheads.

EDIT: Shield!

http://i56.tinypic.com/2a0ajjt.jpg

weaboo pretenders

Pretenders love to scream at better people who dominate them, challenging them to one on one just so they can use the cheapest method possible to win. And that's the only reason why 1v1 will exist.

Not that I'd ever willing enter a 1v1 match, but I do think it is good to have it. The more game modes, the greater the variety, the better the game. Doesn't matter if '7 outta 3000 people are playing 1v1 online right now' happens. It's still nice to have the option there if you ever want to do it.

I feel like I'm being overly generous with that 3000 people thing, too. Ha.

That's about the gist of it, really. The more available formats, the better. That way everyone gets to do what they want.

I just want to nuke people with huge guns, and slam grenades into people the rest of the time. Oh, and energy club the shit out of fools.

Edited by Penguin Deus

Looks like my hypothesis about kneeling extending the leg-mounted armor plate was correct. Awesome. Lets just hope that it's required to kneel to fire cannons.

EDIT: Shield!

http://i56.tinypic.com/2a0ajjt.jpg

I think that's an MT bro.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5027/armoredcorev20110202104.jpg

Lots of cool shit: Take note of the picture of the whole AC, and with the arms - left and right can be of a different make? Unfortunately the garage picture posted below doesn't offer much more info.

In-game screenshots (1 of 2)

In-game screenshots (2 of 2): Check out that awesome sniper picture (number 8)!

I swear, I've been waiting for broken-down 3D models of Armored Cores to come out for freaking EVER. I hate it that not knowing what they look like makes it so hard to replicate, draw, or learn from. But seriously, those are some cool screenshots.

Gotta admit though, that sniper is scary. Looks like an M82 on steroids, heh.

But it seems like they've evolved a lot too. Maybe the 'berserk' mode has been removed from the game as well?

I don't really see it an issue of graphics, but an issue of, for a dozen games AC's boosted from their back without spinning out of control due to potentially massive torques that they couldn't possibly balance.

Also, OB boosters don't logically allow the motion seen in the game. So having QB come out of the mains to move sideways makes perfect Armored sense.

Unless you mean it doesn't look like a QB, in which case, I wouldn't make a guess until I saw video.