Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone ahead and recorded all the parts that were in the beta into the ACU Wiki. They are located here: ACV Parts List. The notes are not the actual part comments/descriptions, but rather a note I made to help people distinguish between parts in certain categories. Each part also has an individual part page made for it using the generic part page template we have going. Those individual part pages have all of the beta part's stats, as well as the stat fields in japanese and in english to make cross-checking against new parts easier.

I've slept a whopping one hour in the past 48 hours or so to make sure the wiki had that parts list in its entirety and translated to make as much sense as possible before the demo was released. I ask that you please don't abuse it by immediately posting it all over the web, I'd like it to stay an ACU exclusive feature till at least the end of January if at all possible. I don't mind if you link it on other websites or anything, but I'd like to keep the content exclusive to ACU so that we can actually get some hits for our work first.

I'll also be updating it with all the parts that are available in the demo, just not immediately on demo release. Maybe the day after. I'm waaaaaaay too tired for that right now, haha. All the updating I've been doing on ACU stuff + the rush to get ACV parts translated and entered into the wiki before demo has sucked me dry for today.

If you have questions about the ACV secton of the wiki feel free to drop by chat and ask me while I'm here. I should be awake for at least another 5-8 hours.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Also the ACU Calendar was updated with the ACV event data like release date, demo, demo online time, etc.

Here is the custom control scheme I used in beta for ACV, btw. The default control scheme is pretty bad and can hamper ability in teamfights, so you'll want to customize it to whatever floats your boat early on. I can't remember some of the button settings, but it's just about everything important I think. I'll update it after I get home from work and get the demo.

Directional Pad (U): Not Used
Directional Pad (D): Purge Arm Weapon (Hold + L2/R2)
Directional Pad (L): Buzzer
Directional Pad (R): Text Chat

Left Analog (U): Move Forward
Left Analog (D): Move Backward
Left Analog (L): Strafe Left
Left Analog (R): Strafe Right

Right Analog (U): Look Down
Right Analog (D): Look Up
Right Analog (L): Turn Left
Right Analog (R): Turn Right

L1: Left Arm Weapon Fire
R1: Right Arm Weapon Fire

L2: Quick Boost (Hold to "Charge/Knee/Ram" Enemies)
R2: Jump / Wall Jump

L3: Toggle Scan Mode
R3: Toggle Over Boost

☐: Switch Arm Weapon (Hold + L1/R1)
△: Shoulder Unit Fire
X: Toggle Booster
O: Deploy Recon Unit (Scan Pod)

EDIT: Yes, I play inverted controls.

I've slept a whopping one hour in the past 48 hours or so to make sure the wiki had that parts list in its entirety and translated to make as much sense as possible before the demo was released.

Wow, one hour sleep in 48 hours? I did that once in high school. It did not end well. Good work anyway :P

The ACV demo is up and available for download on the JP PSN.

Yah, I'm starting to get the blurry vision black dots now. Started about 30min ago. I'm still not hearing any weird noises, tho, so I should be fine. I would have been fine if IPS hadn't exploded the forum yesterday so I had to spend like 6 hours waiting to work on ACU, haha. Server migrations can suck even while they're helpful.

Btw, you should post that link to ACV translations on MV for me since I can't. It's still in private community mode for some reason. As much as I don't like EJ, I dont' have anything against the actual site members and they shouldn't be denied the ability to play the game more comfortably just cuz I don't like the site owner, hahaha.

EDIT: Your body is super pale looking against that black/grey backdrop btw. You may want to see a doctor.

Yah, I'm starting to get the blurry vision black dots now. Started about 30min ago. I'm still not hearing any weird noises, tho, so I should be fine. I would have been fine if IPS hadn't exploded the forum yesterday so I had to spend like 6 hours waiting to work on ACU, haha. Server migrations can suck even while they're helpful.

Btw, you should post that link to ACV translations on MV for me since I can't. It's still in private community mode for some reason. As much as I don't like EJ, I dont' have anything against the actual site members and they shouldn't be denied the ability to play the game more comfortably just cuz I don't like the site owner, hahaha.

It only becomes problematic when you lose consciousness. That's when you know its getting bad (Don't ask how I know that).

Definitely, and thanks a bunch. If you'd like an invite, just PM me or somethings.

EDIT: Your body is super pale looking against that black/grey backdrop btw. You may want to see a doctor.

AC Withdrawal. I know it appears alarming considering that it makes me look white when I'm Asian, but rest assured, it will subside after a few hours of ACV :P

These are the default controls for ACV on the PS3:

Directional Pad (U): Not Used
Directional Pad (D): Purge Arm Weapon (Hold + L2/R2)
Directional Pad (L): Buzzer
Directional Pad (R): Text Chat

Left Analog (U): Move Forward
Left Analog (D): Move Backward
Left Analog (L): Strafe Left
Left Analog (R): Strafe Right

Right Analog (U): Look Up
Right Analog (D): Look Down
Right Analog (L): Turn Left
Right Analog (R): Turn Right

L1: Toggle Booster
R1: Shoulder Unit Fire

L2: Left Arm Weapon Fire
R2: Right Arm Weapon Fire

L3: Toggle Over Boost
R3: Toggle Scan Mode

☐: Quick Boost (Hold to "Charge/Knee/Ram" Enemies)
△: Switch Arm Weapon (Hold + L2/R2)
X: Jump / Wall Jump
O: Deploy Recon Unit (Scan Pod)

I'll be providing screenshots of the setup screen with a guide on how to set your settings the way you want later, probably tomorrow.

The garage music makes me think of House.

That said, I'm going to be playing this demo until the new control scheme (Nijis) and boost system becomes second nature, been holding on too long to the classic control setup, you see.

Also I noticed in the story mission, the walking animation for my quad legs seemed to get a little funny. I hope that's not common.

Edited by Griffon

I have created and pinned a topic that can help you set up ACV's basic game settings/control to your own tastes. Please check it out if you don't know how to get ACV working. Also, if you want to change your settings but you've already created your account, just scroll to the bottom button in your garage to access game settings/options. Follow the guide from there.

I'll be adding to it and changing it over time and I'll eventually move it into the Guides & Walkthroughs section.

Oh crap, they didn't remove the ability to customize controls, did they?

Damnit, my fat fingers can't adjust to that wacky control scheme that comes as default.

I have created and pinned a topic that can help you set up ACV's basic game settings/control to your own tastes.

This gives me a bit of assurance, but I just wish to be sure.

Edited by Pendragon

I have created and pinned a topic that can help you set up ACV's basic game settings/control to your own tastes. Please check it out if you don't know how to get ACV working. Also, if you want to change your settings but you've already created your account, just scroll to the bottom button in your garage to access game settings/options. Follow the guide from there.

I'll be adding to it and changing it over time and I'll eventually move it into the Guides & Walkthroughs section.

Control schemes are always nice. I was wondering why I couldn't do a regular boost last night.

No idea yet. Only the categories that have parts show up in the demo, so we don't know if there are other categories in the full game or not. One thing to keep in mind is that there are roughly 500+ parts total supposedly, so there's still a lot of space for more parts. With the beta and demo combined we may have about 100 - 125 parts seen so far. I'll be working on the ACV parts list in the wiki soon again and begin filling it out with the new stats/parts from the demo, so we'll see then. I expect we still have about 400 or so parts left to see.

I definitely expect there to be regular MGs in the full game, though. We'll find out come the 26th or so. I have one day express shipping on my ACV JP collectors and the 26th in Japan is the 25th here for the most part, so I should get it quickly enough. Then I should be able to tell you whether there are MGs for sure or not, but don't get your hopes down. There probably will be MGs.