Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

360 or PS3? 360 Dashboard is actually easy to understand in Japanese, or at least where to go.

I found defending in a Tank somewhat entertaining. Beats having to crawl my ass to catch up with the team.

360, the first problem I ran into was setting up a Japan account.

Can anyone be kind enough to help me with that?

PROTIP TO ALL RECENT NEWFAGS

#1. If you have questions, first read the fucking thread.

#2. If you still have questions, read it again; as you probably didn't read it at all the first time.

#3. If you still have unanswered questions, it might not be the best idea to flood this info thread with idiotic questions.

#4. It would be a better idea to come into chat in the evenings, when it tends to be active, and ask questions of the members here.

#5. If you post a question, make sure the answer isn't in this thread already, or in the sub-forum in another AC5 thread.

http://i.imgur.com/nv8gF.gif

Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for disaster.

We appreciate people who use the grey matter between their ears. Doing so will ensure you go far.

-Your friendly forum Nazi and non-AC player.

Btw, you guys are all free to join team ACU for the demo. Any forum, any site. Just search for team name "ACU". It's the one with an emblem that looks like a grey shield with a unicorn on it. It should ask you for a password when you try to join. The password is "niji". To change teams just go to the center button in the Team Menu and you should be able to navigate your way from there. Be sure to tell other people you know on other forums who may not have a team or anyone to play with.

EDIT: I'm not sure what the chaff is yet since I haven't tried it nor tried to read its stats, but I assume it's just like chaff used on planes. I'll check it out later tonight when I get off work and have had some sleep.

Sorry I'm lost with the team menu thing (I r a dunce) Getting used to the game in general though. Is is just me or does the boosting seem odd, the exhaust seems to only point downward but Unless my memory is bad the exhaust moved in different directions in the gameplay vids.

I found a item but I can't pick it up D: what gives gosh I'm such an idiot.

Edited by Ogawa Lou

PROTIP TO ALL RECENT NEWFAGS

#1. If you have questions, first read the fucking thread.

#2. If you still have questions, read it again; as you probably didn't read it at all the first time.

#3. If you still have unanswered questions, it might not be the best idea to flood this info thread with idiotic questions.

#4. It would be a better idea to come into chat in the evenings, when it tends to be active, and ask questions of the members here.

#5. If you post a question, make sure the answer isn't in this thread already, or in the sub-forum in another AC5 thread.

http://i.imgur.com/nv8gF.gif

Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for disaster.

We appreciate people who use the grey matter between their ears. Doing so will ensure you go far.

-Your friendly forum Nazi and non-AC player.

That's beautiful, but a waste.Anyway, I've already helped eight people through the download. Step one, collect underpants.Step Two, go right on the dashboard until you hit a dashboard menu in English saying "my games" and some random shit with a handbag image.Step Three: Step Four: ProfitStep Five: Hit the Handbag, hit the first box, Ironically its the A, or an analogue of A.Step Six: Hit ACV, hit Free Trial.You need a Gold account, if you don't have one, keep trying, pay some money, or raise your arms, start running in a circle, and scream at the top of your lungs.

Is is just me or does the boosting seem odd, the exhaust seems to only point downward but Unless my memory is bad the exhaust moved in different directions in the gameplay vids.

Aye, there was just some weird graphical error when I started playing, the game looks good now, just sometimes the laser blade doesn't appear even though you've armed it. And the booster effects didn't look right, but it all looks good now.

Edited by Ogawa Lou

Well, I just finished the tutorial mission. You're right, the damn helicopter can tank damage like a boss.

That's why I just bladed it to death. I need that ammo for other occasions. By the way, the blades in this game are just out of this world. Yes, they're no longer arm-mounted, but it does mean i can switch it out on the fly, so I have no problem there.

I couldn't tell if I was shooting at robots or helicopters.

Aye thar' be Mecha Dick the Black Whale. Missiles are pretty easy to dodge, unless used in combination with autocannon and cannon fire when fighting the AI tank in training. Now I'm really scared of players who use tanks, which I already was after my inability to crack them in FA. At least this time I can actually do some damage again like in the old games. Sniper Rifle and Battle Rifle hmmmm I'm enjoying this combination.

the demo is awesome. love the sube-objetives on the story mission...still i miss the part A and D. for now i'm using an LW with a rifle, a pulse machine gun, the small howitzer and the shotgun. with the those the big mt fall very quickly, i just have to get close (under it) and pull the trigger. fun...the guys with shield y get them from above with the pulse machinegun, the rifle goes for tanks, helis and those high mobile MT's that i encounter on the stage, the shotgun and howitzer i use the on more stationary enemies. noe i'm going to check the chaff cause i use them too. i love the AC be 5 meters tall, the stage it's fun a lot to ambush the enemies from the corners, roofs. I end up using a lot of scan mode and the little detectors. good to get info on the enemies and it's positions. i'm going to post later my design.

I might stick with heavy RJ but I don't know, more tests need to be done. The ability to do the boost kick/ram/smash is becoming a factor in which leg choice I go with. Is it just me or is it pretty easy to do with MW bipeds. I was having trouble with the RJ legs when it comes to kicking. But the Heavy RJ legs just look so flippin' cool.

Ah and about what I said earlier. It seems that while playing the story mode mission the graphics get a little fritzy with the way the boost exhaust looks when doing the QB and OB(sorry I'm still calling them by old terms blah) The boost is always downward looking no matter what I do, but in tutorial and test missions the boosting looks fine. They better fix this when the full game comes out.

Having bullet drop is awesome! Over exaggerated perhaps but still I love it.

I put two videos up, one I recorded myself and the other I just streamed and left up as a simple archive on JTV. The JTV vid is low quality since my internet is trash, but the youtube video is pretty good. I have also updatd the ACV Setup Guide with the youtube video.

Anyway, youtube video is the demo story mission where I show off how to do all the subquests but the final two, because I don't know what they are. The Speed Kill B subquest bugs out during this session, but to get it all you gotta do is blow up the AC real fast in the middle of the mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFRztrG9_yw

The JTV video is a showcase of my demo ACs and me playing around with a LW in the test mode menu.

http://www.justin.tv...i87/b/306310515

Ah thar, thanks. That should lay off my eyes from the PS3 in the meantime.

FROMSOFTWARE... aggh...

Damn this and the all the mind-blowing kanji.

I never bothered to explore more about the achievements because of this, and then the multiplayer demo suddenly came out.

Considering that the place is huge to begin with anyway, I'd probably just go copy that pathway Niji did. >__<

Killing that ac within a short time shouldn't be a problem even with my shitty skillz though.

Edited by Goat

Updated the ACV wiki parts list to include all the demo parts, with their weight/drain and a note to help make them distinguishable. I also corrected all the part names that were misspelled from the first time around. I will soon be filling in all the parts individual pages with part stats so we have the wiki at least up to date with the demo as far as parts go.

I have also added in the new stat fields that appear on the cores and generators, though I can not translate one of them. Both stats have to do with OVERED WEAPONS and their handling. The generator stat is a secondary output that kicks on when you activate your OW, and the higher the stat the faster you'll charge up your OWs to make them useable. This means the KV-3D5 generator in the demo has the fastest OW charge-up time, not that we have access to any OWs. Haha. I'm not sure what the first kanji is for the new stat for cores, as it's impossible to read. For now I've left it as ???? in the wiki. The second two kanji translate into durability/tolerance and the stat has to do with OVERED WEAPONS as well. This means our core also has to do with our OWs in some way, and it has something to do with tolerance.

I'll update you guys on it once I figure out what that damnable kanji is.

EDIT: I just decided to guess random words and look the kanji up in my pocket dictionary and got it on the 3rd try. Problem solved and we now have both stats translated. The stat is Heat Tolerance. With that I am done for tonight as I am very tired.

Niji, look from your current video post, it seems like when toggle scan mode, it couldn't do any attacking except stomping right?

and.........

what is the gun that stocking on right shoulder? (the one that you'd use when fighting with enemy AC)