Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

I knew it jammed their stability but I didn't know there was a weapon that stunlocked them so...perfectly once they were jammed.

I doubt this will work against most players though.

EDIT:If the target has low stability they just get pushed away. Like what the ultimate kiwis do.

Edited by sniper

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it jammed their stability but I didn't know there was a weapon that stunlocked them so...perfectly once they were jammed.

Just checked their stats... holy hell they have more impact than battle rifles. lol... that sounds cruel and unusual. We need to figure out the impact to stability formula so I can add that to the spreadsheet so people can know what impact amounts/weapon groups they need to concern themselves with. It can also find average stability breakpoints to strive for if you are looking to counter particular weapon groups.

Edited by GodlyPerfection

So someone else finally discovered the jamgat. Yes, jamgat has been around since beta but I purposefully refrained from bringing it up as I'd prefer it not to spread over the Internet too quickly. I talked about it in chat a bit, but didn't mention it on the forums because they're more common access. They even balanced the jamgat from the beta because it was very broken, but it wasn't enough of a fix.

Anyway, don't go using it online too much if possible as I'd rather slow the spread of that weapon combo during the game's early life as much as possible so we have less knee jerk balance reactions in other places. Shotguns have already suffered from two different knee jerk balance patches, one from beta and the most recent balance patch, which has made them a mess of a weapon class. Hopefully we don't see too much jamgat online, though jammers have been getting wildly popular in the past two weeks in all the matches I've played. The thing is most people are focusing on FCS and generators right now, thankfully.

You can also use jamuzi with the PROVO uzi handgun, though it is noticeably weaker than the ZAPYATOI gatling gun (jamgat) at creating a permanent stunlock scenario. Those who have the ACV beta have access to a weaker version of the jamgat with the LYCAENID+UMJ-05. ZAPYATOI+PASEDENA is the geniune jamgat. I made up the name jamgat a good bit ago, but the reason I call that combo geniune is because it's basically the best at causing permastun right now. ZAPYATOI also has incredible optimal range and ammuniton along with the wild stun it brings, making it very, very hard to stop.

At one point I was playing around with jamgat with a heat pile hangared over the jammer. You can stunlock and then just walk up and pile drive their face in, but that was just absurdly lame. MWs and RJs seem to be the best at getting out of the stunlock, though. Most other classes just get straight permastunraped by jamgat. With the recent changes in arm stability the jamgat will have been weakened a bit, so hopefully it's no longer as harsh as before.

Just remember to run from anyone that's throwing out blue bubbles in front of them while firing a long range gatling gun. It's worse than a generator jammer by a long shot.

EDIT: Auto cannons are even better at it for sure, always have been. They're harder to use since they require kneeling, have more spread, or have to be placed on a tank. It was a decent tradeoff. I think the recent buffs in the last patch may have made them super lame, though.

What would we call the AC version anyway. Autojammer? Jamcannon? Jamcan?

Hahaha, either way. Try not to spread this info around too much. It will be bad for the game if we do.

jamgat

Does having a strong defense against a certain projectile increase your stability in some way? Like for example about that stunlock you were talking about earlier; if someone were to hit you with a barrage of gatling gun shells and just rebound off your AC, is stun power neglected/reduced? Might help a bit when you're jammed, since stability is reduced anyway.

Just had a hunch when you said that MWs and RJs can get off it easily.

Edit: Btw, I've seen that you've changed your message/notification to English whenever you enter the garage, team, etc. How'd you do it?

Edited by Red Shirt (Grayscale)

Its kinda funny how having low stablity actually lets you get out of "autojamming" since you'll get pushed out of it.

Right now I don't use gatlings/autos with movement jammers. I did before the rebalance but didn't think much of it.

I don't think defense affects stability. RJs just have the best stability. Dunno about midweights.

MWs slide a lot when hit with a jamgat. LWs not so much. LWs also take way more damage due to lower defenses, so they tend to die pretty fast anyway.

I can show you how to change your system messages to all english, but you gotta manually type all the text in yourself. Go into ACU chat and I'll tell you about it. ACU chat is the best place to be for info, tbh!

MWs slide a lot when hit with a jamgat. LWs not so much. LWs also take way more damage due to lower defenses, so they tend to die pretty fast anyway.

I can show you how to change your system messages to all english, but you gotta manually type all the text in yourself. Go into ACU chat and I'll tell you about it. ACU chat is the best place to be for info, tbh!

Sorry I didn't see this post til now. I'll try to go in anyway.

I had a huge thing written out and then I lost it... grrr. I am thinking about doing a CQC guide before the game comes out so I'll probably cover everything I put in that. I am home alone for the next 10 days so now is the best time to do it. So I'll get back to you.

No I mean, what are the "given" boosters that Niji was implying to use? Since it definitely ain't obvious to me what boosters to use with High Capa gens.

CURSES! S ranking St. Elmo is annoying. You gotta destroy nearly all of the turrets on both, which I did, but then forgot about that last nuke and died. Wouldn't be a problem BUT OH WAIT THERES A FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRIDGE TIME LIMIT SO I HAVE TO WAIT TILL GOD KNOWS WHEN TO TRY AGAIN!

He didn't say there were any given boosters. He just said that using a high capacity gen while in scan mode means you can spam the ever living shit out of QB like it's fA. You basically have infinite energy on a LW using Shinatsu HA boosters or any EF boosters while in scan mode and when you exit scan mode you have such a large cap with enough regen to let you spam like mad, only requiring you to take a break every once in a while.

It fits his jouster style pretty well.

The difference between ACV and fA is that in fA you could QB without having the full energy required and QB had incredible kick to it. This game has less kick and overall speed, but it's more hectic by a long shot since it's far less linear than fA. You also have to cope with much longer lock times and geniune lockboxes, so when you get into a fight it's going to feel much more tense and much faster. Much like AA, SL, and LR feel much faster than fA to experienced players. Your AC may be moving slower in the older games, but the actions you're inputting and taking along with your thoughts are racing at a much higher speed. You'll see what I mean when you get into an ACV fight with a good player. It can be very exhilirating.

The important thing to note about jousting in this game is that if you are shot by a high stun BR or sniper rifle while you attempt to joust with OB you will suffer an absurd amount of stun and be dropped out of the sky. It can be dangerous to joust too many times in a row because people will catch on.

Maybe I'll upload some vids of me beating up the MW AI too later on so you can compare movement types. TGP plays very differently than I do, haha. It might be an interesting contrast.

He didn't say there were any given boosters. He just said that using a high capacity gen while in scan mode means you can spam the ever living shit out of QB like it's fA. You basically have infinite energy on a LW using Shinatsu HA boosters or any EF boosters while in scan mode and when you exit scan mode you have such a large cap with enough regen to let you spam like mad, only requiring you to take a break every once in a while.

It fits his jouster style pretty well.

The difference between ACV and fA is that in fA you could QB without having the full energy required and QB had incredible kick to it. This game has less kick and overall speed, but it's more hectic by a long shot since it's far less linear than fA. You also have to cope with much longer lock times and geniune lockboxes, so when you get into a fight it's going to feel much more tense and much faster. Much like AA, SL, and LR feel much faster than fA to experienced players. Your AC may be moving slower in the older games, but the actions you're inputting and taking along with your thoughts are racing at a much higher speed. You'll see what I mean when you get into an ACV fight with a good player. It can be very exhilirating.

The important thing to note about jousting in this game is that if you are shot by a high stun BR or sniper rifle while you attempt to joust with OB you will suffer an absurd amount of stun and be dropped out of the sky. It can be dangerous to joust too many times in a row because people will catch on.

Maybe I'll upload some vids of me beating up the MW AI too later on so you can compare movement types. TGP plays very differently than I do, haha. It might be an interesting contrast.

Yeah I've had to tweak my movements against the test tank to adjust for stun based weaponry. I play a lot more circle strafing and have to pace my HB more to avoid getting caught by a shot. And feeling intense is nothing but the truth the amount of work that goes into moving like that is a blast, but tough and adjusting on the fly with things like wall jumping is a lot to account for.

Would love to see your style Niji. Maybe I could learn something from it. :wiggle: Can't wait to play with stuff in the final game. And too bad we can't play cross platform. lol...

As for high speed aggressive jousting I've found rifles to be terrible at it... BRs, snipers (obscure, but workable), heat howitzers, shotties, pulse guns, and possibly plasma guns are the best weapons for my milking scan mode style. High reload rates with good damage are key. :P

I'm going to be buying a 360 and a copy of the game for 360 as well so I can run ACDCs and tournaments for both consoles. We should still be able to play together if you like.

Plasma is godly if you can manage the generator stress it induces.

ooo yeaaa, Midweight AC with hi cap gen and hi accel booster. Left arm jammer and pulse machine gun, right arm shotgun and pile bunker. This is all the demo parts, and I am having the easiest time I have ever had with the tank. I just need some better aim with the pile bunker.

I'm going to be buying a 360 and a copy of the game for 360 as well so I can run ACDCs and tournaments for both consoles. We should still be able to play together if you like.

Plasma is godly if you can manage the generator stress it induces.

I'll have to play with the demo plasmas then and see what the pacing is like with their EN drain/cost. I'm considering using a BR/Plasma setup for my style with shottie/pulse getting a nerf. Not sure how much into firing stability I'll dedicate. I can handle the loss of firing speed, but the loss of accuracy may hurt a bit. Could be fun... probably stick a KE weapon or two on my back for good measure. Depends on if I feel like stomaching the weight/drain. Sniper rifle perhaps... maybe a heat pile just in case.

Btw I've been meaning to ask about bomb dispensers. Depending on how they work, they may work great for my aggressive setup. Do they have a trigger radius so that when an enemy enters it chases them? Or are they just stationary? And if they do have a trigger radius, if I lay down a bomb with the enemy already in the trigger radius will it automatically attract or does it wait for him to leave and re-enter or does it have a initial pause time before it attracts?

Also I've been looking closely at the ULG-20/L for a while as my leg set. The main attraction is for the best turning ability as turning ability is a big part of my style. Also the load cap is a great thing. With the fact that more weight does not reduce movement speed as much in the patch I think it could be a great pair of legs to use. It still has over 7K movement and isn't necessarily the worst in any stat except CE defense. And the EN drain isn't a problem either with my style. What are your opinions on it Niji?

And I totally look forward to playing with you on the xbox. :wiggle: See you there.

So someone else finally discovered the jamgat. Yes, jamgat has been around since beta but I purposefully refrained from bringing it up as I'd prefer it not to spread over the Internet too quickly. I talked about it in chat a bit, but didn't mention it on the forums because they're more common access. They even balanced the jamgat from the beta because it was very broken, but it wasn't enough of a fix.

Shotguns have already suffered from two different knee jerk balance patches, one from beta and the most recent balance patch, which has made them a mess of a weapon class. Hopefully we don't see too much jamgat online, though jammers have been getting wildly popular in the past two weeks in all the matches I've played.

EDIT: Auto cannons are even better at it for sure, always have been. They're harder to use since they require kneeling, have more spread, or have to be placed on a tank. It was a decent tradeoff. I think the recent buffs in the last patch may have made them super lame, though

Hey Niji where can we read about all the patches that have been made to the game thus far? Maybe we should post a thread listing all of the patches made to the game to keep players up to date with the mechanics so we know what to expect.

So...it's less than a month now until the US release...

Are we going to get an english version of the ACV app?

Are we going to get an english PS3/XBOX demo?

And as BerserkFury asked - the Japanese site has a lot of detail about the state of the servers, the ladders, upcoming updates and news...

The US site seems to have the usual promotional images, pre-order details, a brief feature overview, and a three sentence overview. Will we be getting a similar status/news blog?

Edited by xiliquiern

Thanks for the info xiliquiern, I read about the patches on the official player site.

■ SHOTGUN

decrease in strength and attack

reload time extension of the

decrease in the rate of fire,

fire, reduction in rate stability

Its translated japanese so its not that clear. Can someone specify what it says after the first line?

And can you also talk about the sniper rifle and sniper cannon patches? since its not very clear from the translation either.

Just posted a thread for the spreadsheet I've been working on. It does not have the new patch stats yet, but I will get those when I can. There is a download link as well as a video walk through in the thread:

http://armoredcoreun...ly-spreadsheet/

Consider this the sort of pre-release since it does not have the current stats. lol...

I posted this a few days ago in Mechaverse which was slightly ignored.

(Roughly Translated by Google Translations)

Some parts of parameter adjustment ▼

The main contents are adjusted is scheduled below.

=======

CORE

=======

■ TE-TYPE RESIST

enhance the transfer rate · EN

=======

ARMS

=======

adjust the overall stability performance fire-

=======

LEGS

=======

■ two LEGS-M

reduces the decrease of performance by the amount of movement and total loading

improve the performance of the boost drive

■ 2 LEGS-H

reduction of the moving performance by reducing the carrying amount and total

boost drive to improve the performance of

enhanced movement speed by the performance improvement of stability operations · HEAD

■ REVERSE JOINT-L

reduced the decrease in performance by the amount of movement and total loading

by reducing the consumption jump at the time of EN · BOOST ON

■ REVERSE JOINT-H

reduction of the moving performance by increasing the load capacity and total

degrade the performance of the boost drive

=======

GENERATOR

=======

EN enhance the output as a whole-

=======

ARM UNIT

=======

General ■ ARM UNIT

with long distance modification of the phenomenon was not a lock-on distance LOCK ON · FCS

■ HAND GUN

strengthen and attack

shortening of time-lock on the basic

extension of the distance-power guarantee

■ SHOTGUN

fire, reduction in rate stability

■ GATLING GUN

performance degradation of the attenuation rate

[] Individual adjustment

GENEVA USG-23

-23 USG / H

shortening the distance-power guarantee

■ RIFLE

enhancement of the rate of change of attack power strengthening and parameter-

Individual adjustment] [

Calendula RF11

RF12 tansy

about other than the above-RIFLE, strengthening of the rate of fire

■ SNIPER RIFLE

guarantee extended distance power-

performance ratio and attenuation

Individual adjustment] [

USR-12 LAUREL

strengthen and attack

■ HEAT HOWITZER

attack force adjustment (reduction and strengthening)

the extension of time reload

■ BATTLE RIFLE

■ PULSE GUN

rate of decline of fire-stable

increase in consumption when using EN-

distance extension of the explosion

of explosive power-reduction

■ PULSE MACHINEGUN

decrease in firing rate,

decrease in consumption when using EN-