Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man. I hate what the online community has become right now (not you guys). Its all some combination of the highest attack power rifle, battle rifle, and pulse machinegun. No matter what one of those will destroy me. And all the jammers and cover in the world won't stop it. Clearly I should just go back to using overweapons because this is terrible.

Or maybe I should use lightweights but I don't very much care for lightweights in this game.

Or maybe I just suck. >: [

Edited by sniper

oh man. I hate what the online community has become right now (not you guys). Its all some combination of the highest attack power rifle, battle rifle, and pulse machinegun. No matter what one of those will destroy me. And all the jammers and cover in the world won't stop it. Clearly I should just go back to using overweapons because this is terrible.

Or maybe I should use lightweights but I don't very much care for lightweights in this game.

Or maybe I just suck. >: [

Well, they are the Japanese community. I remember watching a SL tourney with people always slapped RF-160 and SFRL70 on their ACs (i can't exactly remember the latter's name, but it's the sniper rifle). They prolly consider the usual territorial wars in ACV as another sort of tournament match; high-tier mode!

They did balance LR in their own way though, in a much slower-paced gameplay.

Edited by Red Shirt (Grayscale)

Why worry about the current online players? just wait till the rest of the world comes to play and then you'll be seeing rainbows.... but of course you'll still run to those guides/walkthrough followers that always look for easy ways out or flavor of the season ACs, doesn't mean the entire world will end up using them all the time.

At the very least, I won't. I really loath overrated one-size fits all stuff. If you find my name online, you can definitely bet I'll have some out of the ordinary designs... especially with all those weapons... That is, if I don't spend most of my time painting/emblem drawing.

I think I know how the gold plate doomahickys work. I have 2 after all and would have 3 I think if the game didn't hate me. To get a gold plate you must win a domination match against human players in a territory with a level corrisponding to the number of plate your getting. Basically when you attack you choose 0-2 gold plates, 0 means you'll be attacking level 1 territories, 1 means you'll be attacking level 2 etc. (sorry I don't have pictures for this, also this territories level thing I made up to distinguish between the different territories) If you win in a level 1 territory you'll get the first gold plate, win in a level 2 territory and you'll get your second plate etc. If you take a territory by fighting AI (unclaimed territory) you have to defend it against human players to get the plate. You can lose gold plates but if you defend your territories a few times you won't lose the plates even if you lose the territory. So defending your territories is a good way to keep your gold plate thingys but just defending won't get you any more of them.

To reiterate: whenever you attack there is an option for what level of territories you're attacking (0-2 gold plates, looks just like the screen for intrude missions where you choose 1-10 stars). Once you beat human players in a territory one level higher then how many gold plates you currently have you'll get the next gold plate.

The territories will have different turrets depending on their level (usually). Level 1 territories can have only basic turrets, level 2 territories can have a few large super turrets, upgraded versions of basic turrets, and more types of basic turrets (flash rocket, kiwi, and vertical missile turrets for example). Level 3 territories can have more large turrets and further upgraded basic turrets. I don't know if level 3s can get new types since I don't have one yet.

I hope I explained this ok...

EDIT: forgot to mention, beating some of the bosses will unlock large turret(s) for you to defend your territories with. I don't know if the LLL walker does, but the typeD no. 5 and St. Elmo definatly do.

Edited by sniper

I don't really remember what the stats were for those things before the patch. Would you just like to know their current stats?

Well I just want an overview of the changes. Niji said something about shotguns being a "mess of a weapon class now". So I just want some stuff cleared up like how these new patches are effecting the use and effectiveness of weapons and why shotguns are a "mess" now because they played BEAUTIFULLY when the game first came out. I assumed shotguns were gonna be a favorite weapon of choice in this generation.

Just something I noticed today on the ACV Japanese FAQ.

The question, roughly translated as:

Can I play with players internationally?

And the response, roughly translated as:

The Japanese and International versions are of different regions - you will not be able to play together (even) on the same hardware.

--

I imagine that I'm not 100% spot on in these translations, but I think I'm directionally correct. It sounds like online play will be region locked...if someone could double check this, that would be fantastic. If this is the case, and you only have the US version, it may not matter what setups the Japanese players are typically fielding...

Edited by xiliquiern

WHAT? What the fuck? What the fucking goddamned cocksucking piece of little motherloving corrosive assfisting piece of shit? I thought I heard something before that ACV will be fucking region-free. Oh good fucking goddamn lord god with fake angels in heaven we've been had, that's more than fucking 100 bucks.the down the drain. :(

Well, not that I paid for it anyway, but still; I wasted time idling in the menu

I'm pretty sure I mentioned in the past that I read somewhere that it will be region locked. If it wasn't we would cut in halfway through a season with them having a huge advantage. Too bad for the importers... can't play with the US/EU players. At least US and EU can play together. :( Glad you found that xil... I have been looking everywhere for it. lol...

Somehow I'm excited about that . Japanese players will do literally anything to win. One or two players here and there ok, but come on!! The whole community? Americans have more flavor and pride to get that big W, I know I do .

I agree... I'm kind of excited for the region lock. The reduced chance of high latency is definitely a bonus. And it is great to know that practically most people you run into will speak english. The community may be smaller, but it isn't like I played with the japanese very often. Only in the early early mornings when I was up. lol...

how mch space do we need to play ACV? say, on the 360?? cause I have a 4 gig but only has about 3 gigs of space

Save files are typically very small... if you want to install it to your HDD for better load times, then that is a different story. That isn't required though so you will do fine. You should get gold soon Fury... you are missing out on all of the team's party chats. :(

Edited by GodlyPerfection

Just something I noticed today on the ACV Japanese FAQ.

The question, roughly translated as:

Can I play with players internationally?

And the response, roughly translated as:

The Japanese and International versions are of different regions - you will not be able to play together (even) on the same hardware.

--

I imagine that I'm not 100% spot on in these translations, but I think I'm directionally correct. It sounds like online play will be region locked...if someone could double check this, that would be fantastic. If this is the case, and you only have the US version, it may not matter what setups the Japanese players are typically fielding...

I read that this evening.

Bullshit Bay City, FROM why did you do this?

Especially because i imported the game, this is not Monster Hunter or Phantasy Star region free your servers.

Now I can't play American noobs

Oh and the 2nd DLC garage is awesome.

Edited by Hoppy

Fear of server crashes?

That means... we have to rely on whose servers... oh boy.

That's not going to end well, FROM bsing importers is in bad taste and FROM giving the US bad servers is just bad practice.

Evil, just plain evil and it's not even for profit either which makes it worse.

Edited by Hoppy

Oh of course not, you'll run into international lag bladers!

Teleports in ACV still exists but it's not like you'll see an AC jump the view width of your screen.

On the bright side though, this news means that we won't have a hard time to get our team's logo on the main screen compared to if we had to face the already high ranked jp-version teams. On the other hand, hooray we all get low class stock parts to begin with!!!!! Won't be running face first into a KRSW/KARASAWA.

Good for advertisement too if we stand out on top!

There will be those pre-order stock weapons still.

Also, I am watching a playthrough of Ace Combat 5 (just because), and I think enemies like the Arkbird and Hrimfaxi (or any big sub) would be pretty sweet. I would also like a big aircraft carrier that sends out UAVs and things too. I feel like 4 (or maybe even 8) people vs 2 battleships and an aircraft carrier in Armored Core V would be pretty sweet.

Though I haven't seen any St. Elmo gameplay at all :I

The St. Elmos (there be 2 of them) are pretty crazy. They do have a very big weakness but before you find that out they are definatly the hardest of the 3 bosses I've faced. They are literally un-approachable and can out range pretty much anything you can bring.