Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

^whats your opinions on rifles vs battle rifles? i hate bringing rifles into a fight cuz most of my bullets get cockblocked

battle rifles give me a certain oomf but ammo capacity and CE damage turn me off in certain firefight situations

dont get me started with blades right now, not for me in this game anymore. will not play a blades match for fun, id rather use me a pile bunker to be honest

and is it just me or im using laser rifles wrong? lol full charge karasawas direct hit feel like they do no damage for me :[ i prob just suck with them now (last time i played was the year FA came out.)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shotguns and gatlings guns are relatively good in patch 1.01, and they get worse in patch 1.02. Use them while you can, really. The shotguns especially get raped hard in 1.02, though idk when Namco will release the 1.02 patch.

Where do you get this patch information from? Google yielded no results :(

Whoever's idea it was to use scanning mode to regenerate energy faster during battle really was onto something.

I just beat the AC with the over weapon giant club in the main story, and man, he constantly drained my energy by making me dodge all his little attacks. Using scan mode, I was able to wait him out and, while I was at it, get a good readout of his defenses.

I really think removing the radar and replacing it with recon units was the best thing this game ever did.

I think I saw from a japanese website that the 4 (really 2) barreled shotgun's attack went from 1074 to 1004. A few other stats were lowered as well, but it didn't seem like anything though.

However I do feel like they should be nerfed, because I am doing quite awesome with them. However, I think that is more of a teamwork thing than a Shotgun thing.

I still do play on the JP server every few days or so. The shotguns big nerf wasn't damage. Overall they only lost about 5-10% damage each. The big nerf was their reload speed getting significantly worse, in some cases twice as long.

Niji: ^^^^^ I use dual shotties with a blade on my main, if that's the nerft, it just means I gotta hide a little longer before the next attack. My tactic is a form of hitting and running, where I swoop in and pelt them, and run off to regain all the energy lost from the high boosting.

In the end, for my sub, I ended up using Pulse guns and P machine guns while switching them to a melee-oriented FCS, let them keep the sattelite unit thingy, but not the UAV, my bad at thinking it was in the same category as the other sattelite things. Kind of neat being able to see enemies through obstacles. Energy amps have appeared in the shop as well as ammo magazines, gonna see how those go.

POPnFresh: IGNbots not really affiliated with IGN? That's interesting.

Exorcet: Do you still use the same emblem for Omega Epsilon? Also, is moonwalker and the others still on it, or different people now? Anyways, I already got recruited by somebody on my psn list {the funny thing that happened with them was that I was doing story missions, I picked "simple hire" to get a mercenary, got somebody with a name that looked familiar, looked on my psn list BAM, same person, so I sent them a pm, and it got sent at the same time they sent me one, lol, awesome coicidence, so they get me to join their group afterwards. It's called Londo Bell, if that team ever disbands, I'll join OE next.

OE itself isn't really around anymore, and I haven't seen too many old members on AC5 yet, although Moonwalker is still around. If you want to join a new team for any reason, join ACU.

Whoever's idea it was to use scanning mode to regenerate energy faster during battle really was onto something.

I just beat the AC with the over weapon giant club in the main story, and man, he constantly drained my energy by making me dodge all his little attacks. Using scan mode, I was able to wait him out and, while I was at it, get a good readout of his defenses.

I really think removing the radar and replacing it with recon units was the best thing this game ever did.

Yea I just noticed that yesterday. It changed how I manage my energy and, overall, approach fights. I just wish switching between combat and scan mode was a little more seamless (I don't need to hear "switching to combat mode...switching to scan mode" every time).

I still do play on the JP server every few days or so. The shotguns big nerf wasn't damage. Overall they only lost about 5-10% damage each. The big nerf was their reload speed getting significantly worse, in some cases twice as long.

Hmm, so would you say that after the patch, tuning shotguns for rapid-fire would be better than for power?

I was taking my experimental sniper/energy gunner AC in invasion missions, thinking we're just gonna run into the usual turrets and helicopters, when we are intercepted by another team, I was thinking "I should have been using my main" but the sniper AC actually did well. The team we fought had the funniest quote when they appeared "No goons allowed" and you see these trucks roll up with a bright red AC and some mercs, in big red letters, their emblem spelled out GOON PLATOON. I was both intimidated and amused at the same time. I quickly climbed up to the top of a building, as this was abandoned city I believe. And began sniping a helicopter, thinking that it would somehow help the mission, and I found that something was sniping back at me. The ACs sensors showed a black boxy thing near the chopper, so I started shooting at that and it turned out it was an enemy AC with sniping weaponry. We were having a snipe fight. Exchanging shots and trading damage, I didn't dare to try to get out of the way and just kept firing at the AC in the reticle, they finally gave out and stopped the snipe fight. :( I'm not sure how much AP they had, but if they had fired another shot, I would have lost, my ACs AP was down to 3,000+, I'm guessing they were in a similar situation. Since I had distracted an AC in a sniping match, the rest of the team had an even fight with their team since it was 4 vs 4, as soon as I disengaged my opponent, the team managed to destroy their AC.

I began long range support with the laser rifles, and managed to get a few shots on some of the enemy ACs before a random shell type bullet was fired at me from above by an unseen opponent. I find myself turned into a pilot and can only see that theirs still fighting going on across the river, by the time I made it accross, the words that spelled out the team's win appeared on the screen, it was the first win I got to witness in an invasion sortie against another AC team. The previous opponents I remember, IGNbots, and the Warriors of Sunlight, defeated us in grueling, epic fights.

I took some video after the GOON PLATOON fight, but there were no more "emergencies" after that, then I had to go. This is really the perfect AC game, I'll upload a vid tommorow. ^_^

Exorcet: I see, well, if I ever leave Londo Bell, I guess I'll join. We already have 5 people on our team, whats the maximum?

Edited by Fragrant

I was doing some Merc work. Frustrated...

I got myself to B rank. but then one mission goes horrible wrong and I'm back to C. then later another screw up thats not even my fault and I'm D. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

on a side note during one invasion mission. I spotted turrets that drop ecm. I found my sniper RJ grounded to the floor unable to turn AND my generator stuck at ZERO. I think we should take these turrets into conisderation. Combined with an AC dedicated to jamming or even two sporting them it can be something quite devastating.

I've run into a couple of bugs where my AC will get stuck in some sort of invisible trap on a few occasions. I'll just be bouncing around off of walls and shit and then get stuck in the flying/gliding animation on a floor. It's ruined a couple of really good runs of mine :/. I've also ran into another bug where the sound and game will stutter quiet abruptly for about half a second. It only seems to do it on the Urban maps though...weird. It only seems to happen when I first start playing too. And then just recently while doing Story Mission 5 (or 6...I can't remember but its the one where you gotta dodge the UW laser guy), the text from the operator's conversation got stuck on the screen and the audio stayed permanently lowered in volume.

Anyone else had problems like these? They haven't really ruined my experience with the game but they do seem to occur on a consistent basis.

I've run into a couple of bugs where my AC will get stuck in some sort of invisible trap on a few occasions. I'll just be bouncing around off of walls and shit and then get stuck in the flying/gliding animation on a floor. It's ruined a couple of really good runs of mine :/. I've also ran into another bug where the sound and game will stutter quiet abruptly for about half a second. It only seems to do it on the Urban maps though...weird. It only seems to happen when I first start playing too. And then just recently while doing Story Mission 5 (or 6...I can't remember but its the one where you gotta dodge the UW laser guy), the text from the operator's conversation got stuck on the screen and the audio stayed permanently lowered in volume.

Anyone else had problems like these? They haven't really ruined my experience with the game but they do seem to occur on a consistent basis.

I've gotten stuck like that once in an Order Mission as the mission started, hasn't happened again though. I remember the loading symbol kept on going in the bottom right when it happened. While watching streams (both JP and US) I've seen it happen to others as well.

no idea what causes it though.

I was doing some Merc work. Frustrated...

I got myself to B rank. but then one mission goes horrible wrong and I'm back to C. then later another screw up thats not even my fault and I'm D. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

on a side note during one invasion mission. I spotted turrets that drop ecm. I found my sniper RJ grounded to the floor unable to turn AND my generator stuck at ZERO. I think we should take these turrets into conisderation. Combined with an AC dedicated to jamming or even two sporting them it can be something quite devastating.

Merc work is all about pay, I advise staying away from risky missions, and those that do not entail a whole lot of profit.

I'm in the top 50 now. (By risky I mean Domination and Invasion missions, it's wise to duck out when you feel the odds are against you before starting a mission. And follow the lead of the player who hired you, unless they let you lead, I lost some good money because my client had a heavy trigger finger.)

I'm not sure if my exact pay is equivalent to my leaderboard score though...I'm pretty sure it is but it doesn't seem to register that quickly.

But when my rank goes up hot dog does it go up.

Edited by Ogawa Lou