Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some shotgun trivia.

If you had really low KE in ACV beta (like 400) they would do 2.5x damage. So with the old stats and formulas you'd get 20,000 AP damage (2.5damage x 800attack x 10bullets) from a single shotgun in a single volley. This is assuming they had 300 KE defense, though. If they had 2,000 KE defense they would only do about 400 AP damage from the entire volley. This is also all assuming point blank range. So their damage range was basically 400 to 20,000 AP damage for a single shotgun volley, all depending on defense. Pretty variable! Neither one of those extremes is possible anymore since they modifed the max and minimum damage limits and also changed how much defense ACs can have at any given time.

^point blank shotguns can still cause 10,000 AP damage now right?

i flash rocketed someone and had 2 equipped and got 40,000 down to around 20,XXX

kinda confusing because 40,000 would mean he would have somewhat decent KE defense right?

other note, still not fond of laser rifles atm but plasma guns feel great for some reason, aoe damage is still pretty decent

might give it some runs with a handgun to stun and gun, but might ultimately pair it with a shotty or sawa

edit, well its only going good against LW's so far atm from what im seeing

Edited by supplice.

^point blank shotguns can still cause 10,000 AP damage now right?

i flash rocketed someone and had 2 equipped and got 40,000 down to around 20,XXX

kinda confusing because 40,000 would mean he would have somewhat decent KE defense right?

Heavy legs have high AP and high TE not KE so its still within the realm of possibilities.

^higher impact causes more stagger/stun but the higher the opponents stability the more likely they will resist getting stunned

So it basically boils down to statistics as to when you stagger someone then?

plasma guns feel great for some reason, aoe damage is still pretty decent

I like the Shotgun/Plasma combo. In bigger open areas I tend to try to be too aggressive with it though and keep getting myself caught in the AoE blast :/

I dunno, i've found that not alot of things are susceptible to KE, and it sucks because I love the gatling guns.

That's why I'm trying to switch over to some CE weaponry on my OVER WEAPON AC, while using some TE on my regular AC. It actually works out nicely, but it's painfully close range. THANKS PLASMA RIFLES. ^_^

Recoil stability and stability.

Fucking hate these stats. Half the heads have complete garbage stability and then so do the legs. And thanks to these two amazing stats, you can neuter your own weapons.

Yay, heavy reverse joints for everyone! Yay!

Not sure what you're trying to use on what dude but stability has never been an issue for me.

Much rather those things actually matter so heavy legs actually have some value than not.

The issue is RJ leg's fucking suck in the stability department with the exception of one or two heavy pairs. I understand it's a new game but when when every fucking one of my designs has to have siegfried or beowulf to offset those issues it becomes somewhat aggrivating.

It's like fucking 063 arms all over again.

Edited by Atari

RJs are good because they have very good attitude control and jumping ability, which means they can play from far away and they can dodge in 3 dimensions with much more ease. stability wouldnt be an issue on them because they shouldnt be getting hit much at all

EDIT: i am confusing stability with attitude control. hold on

EDIT: wait no whatthefuck there is no leg stability stat. attitude control is what dictates shot accuracy and RJs have ridiculously good attitude control. youre crazy

also heads average around 1000 stability and only deviate by about 200 points in each direction with the exception of a few extremes, which is perfectly fine since high stab heads typically have lower defense or higher drain or some other tradeoff

Edited by noob

RJs are good because they have very good attitude control and jumping ability, which means they can play from far away and they can dodge in 3 dimensions with much more ease. stability wouldnt be an issue on them because they shouldnt be getting hit much at all

EDIT: i am confusing stability with attitude control. hold on

also heads average around 1000 stability and only deviate by about 200 points in each direction with the exception of a few extremes, which is perfectly fine since high stab heads typically have lower defense or higher drain

I would agree with you if lower defense and higher drain severly hampered your offensive weaponry.

They don't. I suppose this all stems from the fact that I watched a friends dual 44 reload time tansy's effectively cut in half just thanks to head and heavy RJ legs. I mean they don't even have rapid fire or anything. They just legit got cut in half reload time ( or holy shit did it look/feel like it ). I've got a 1/3 his reload time on my tourneys 15v44 reload time and his appear to still shoot either A. slighty faster or B. slighty slower.

That's fucking stupid no matter how you slice it.

Edited by Atari

you are overexaggerating the difference of maybe 200 stability points from the head part. it does not "severely hamper" your offensive weaponry

and what the hell, RJs have THE HIGHEST STABILITY OF ALL LEG TYPES IN THE GAME

ARM FIRING STABILITY is the stat you are looking for. this is the stat that affects reload and refire rates on weapons. NORMAL STABILITY only affects ACCURACY

Edited by noob

you are overexaggerating the difference of maybe 200 stability points from the head part. it does not "severely hamper" your offensive weaponry

and what the hell, RJs have THE HIGHEST STABILITY OF ALL LEG TYPES IN THE GAME

ARM FIRING STABILITY is the stat you are looking for. this is the stat that affects reload and refire rates on weapons. NORMAL STABILITY only affects ACCURACY

Except he didn't change his arms at all.

Just switched to heavy RJ legs with the buckethead to siegfried and fucking showers me with tansy bullets.

Edit:Svir2 arms never changed on him to clarify. He just moved his head and legs around and I couldn't punish him fast enough with the new changes it had made.

Both of our rifles seemed to have equal time despite him have ones that have have a base time of almost triple of mine.

Edit: Buckethead.

Edited by Atari

i just ran some tests to make sure

AC used:

HEAD (see below)

UCR/10A

SIVIR2

ULG-30/L

2x stock TANSY (41 reload)

heads used:

UHD-10 (junk)

stability computation: 698

total stability: 1074

recoil resistance: 884

SIEGFRIED HD33

stability computation: 1412

total stability: 1149

recoil resistance: 1384

experiment:

measured the length of time to deplete 100 rounds of nonstop TANSY fire for each head

results:

UHD-10

test 1: 33s/100rounds (R arm)

test 2: 34s/100rounds (L arm)

test 3: 34s/100rounds (R arm)

avg: 34s/100rounds

SIEGFRIED

test 1: 36s/100rounds (R arm)

test 2: 37s/100rounds (L arm)

test 3: 36s/100rounds (R arm)

avg: 36s/100rounds

result:

as you can see, the difference of 714 head computation stability affected the ACs reload speed by ~3 seconds over 100 rounds. that means that 714 head stability affects your reload speed of rifles by ~0.03 seconds per bullet.

if you consider that to severely hamper your offensive capabilities, i have nothing left to say

you may run this experiment yourself if you do not trust the source

i just ran some tests to make sure

AC used:

HEAD (see below)

UCR/10A

SIVIR2

ULG-30/L

2x stock TANSY (41 reload)

heads used:

UHD-10 (junk)

SIEGFRIED HD33

experiment:

measured the length of time to deplete 100 rounds of nonstop TANSY fire for each head

results:

UHD-10

test 1: 33s/100rounds (R arm)

test 2: 34s/100rounds (L arm)

test 3: 34s/100rounds (R arm)

avg: 34s/100rounds

SIEGFRIED

test 1: 36s/100rounds (R arm)

test 2: 37s/100rounds (L arm)

test 3: 36s/100rounds (R arm)

avg: 36s/100rounds

result:

as you can see, the difference of 714 head computation stability affected the ACs reload speed by ~3 seconds over 100 rounds. that means that 714 head stability affects your reload speed of rifles by ~0.03 seconds per bullet.

if you consider that to severely hamper your offensive capabilities, i have nothing left to say

you may run this experiment yourself if you do not trust the source

His rifles had a base reload of 45. Not 41.

Also his stability or resist was higher. I'll pull numbers from him in a minute.

Got his stats as compared to buckethead and the CINTO/ LG/104-2 build compared to the siegfried and the heavy rj legs.

Edit: Recoil Resistance: 1812.

Stability: 1192.

Edited by Atari

Attitude control is a shitty poor translation by Namco of the stability stat. It is stability for the legs, haha. Some of their translations in this game are really terrible.

Anyway, I've never heard of head stability or leg stability modifying reload speed by any significance though. I don't doubt that they might modifiy it by a bit, but as far as I know the major effects of each stability stat are...

Head Stability = Enhanced Mobility, Stun Prevention

Arm Stability = Enchanced Rate of Fire

Leg Stability = Enhanced Accuracy, Stun Prevention

The amalgamated stats in most AC games are absolutely terrible to look at it for reference, btw. There's only a few in each AC game that are actually representative of anything that a player can apply practically. I don't think you'll be able to derive any significant value from those overview stats, haha. It's best to just focus on the individual part stability/stats, outside of surplus EN and load cap remaining. Haha.

PS: It's also spelled Svir, not Sivir. Sivir is a character from LoL. Svir is a river, just like Narva is a river. ACV part names are based on real cities, geographical locations, and mythological characters.

PS: Heavy RJs have the highest stability in the game, with all other legset types running about 1000 or so max. Quads have more stability while kneeling. It's why heavy RJs make good cannon platforms for invasions. The patches do remedy a lot of these issues, though. Stability goes up on a few legs, and stability goes down for CE arms while going up for KE and TE arms. This makes using arms other than CE arms much more useful. The top stability for an arm (Svir) is 199 in 1.02/1.03. Much lower than 255, which makes a big deal. Especially with all the modified reloads. Things like Isari go down to 188 or so, I believe. Most TE/KE arms gain about 20 firing stability, too.

remember, stock TANSY was used to ensure consistency

in any case i dont see how adding 4 reload will change how STABILITY plays a role in changing the rate of fire

when you change the rate of fire on TANSY, you are changing the rate of fire on TANSY and TANSY only. even though you will get different results in terms of the time it takes for 100 rounds to deplete, i doubt it will change how STABILITY affects the RELOAD in terms of doubling it or tripling it.

Attitude control is a shitty poor translation by Namco of the stability stat. It is stability for the legs, haha. Some of their translations in this game are really terrible.

Anyway, I've never heard of head stability or leg stability modifying reload speed by any significance though. I don't doubt that they might modifiy it by a bit, but as far as I know the major effects of each stability stat are...

Head Stability = Enhanced Mobility, Stun Prevention

Arm Stability = Enchanced Rate of Fire

Leg Stability = Enhanced Accuracy, Stun Prevention

The amalgamated stats in most AC games are absolutely terrible to look at it for reference, btw. There's only a few in each AC game that are actually representative of anything that a player can apply practically. I don't think you'll be able to derive any significant value from those overview stats, haha. It's best to just focus on the individual part stability/stats, outside of surplus EN and load cap remaining. Haha.

PS: It's also spelled Svir, not Sivir. Sivir is a character from LoL. Svir is a river, just like Narva is a river. ACV part names are based on real cities, geographical locations, and mythological characters.

PS: Heavy RJs have the highest stability in the game, with all other legset types running about 1000 or so max. Quads have more stability while kneeling. It's why heavy RJs make good cannon platforms for invasions. The patches do remedy a lot of these issues, though. Stability goes up on a few legs, and stability goes down for CE arms while going up for KE and TE arms. This makes using arms other than CE arms much more useful. The top stability for an arm (Svir) is 199 in 1.02/1.03. Much lower than 255, which makes a big deal. Especially with all the modified reloads. Things like Isari go down to 188 or so, I believe. Most TE/KE arms gain about 20 firing stability, too.

Maybe it's recoil resistance. When Savage changed from biped/bucket to the heavy rj/sieg his tansys rate of fire shot way the fuck up.

I thought he was using something with much much lower reload time because that's how it it appeared.

i recorded the recoil resistance in both test situations

heads used:

UHD-10 (junk)

SIEGFRIED HD33

i can assure you that is not what affected the reload

i recorded the recoil resistance in both test situations

i can assure you that is not what affected the reload

Yeah, stability effects reload speed. I get it now.

I don't know why I thought that way but jesus christ 100/150points of stability seems to really fuck with your reload speed. Reload speeds own stat not effecting itself without stability being factored is just a mindfuck for me.