Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that the server reset was a big let down, and in its current state the conquest systems don't really seem to work very well. However, the game has been released on NA shores for about two weeks. The game still has many people playing it, we just have difficulties all getting together. The move to structured free battles will help solve this issue, even if the server does not keep records of these battles. It should make it easier to get in some competitive PvP action without having to rely on the randomly chosen encounters in the current conquest system.

That being said, the change to free battles would mostly only affect those interested in PvP. If you are looking for co-op help on missions (as a team or as a merc) nothing has really changed.

Conquest isn't even that big of a deal for me. That may be because a lot of my friends aren't all on at the same time for us to do team activities, but I am just fine with the free battle system, and I waste a ton of time on the customization.

I'm all in for free battle meets, Accursed and I were having a blast crushing people in player match last night. It's very simple to set up and get going. At this point with the games current state, free battle is the only way to go. Shame on Bamco for not incorporating any of the patches in this reset, I was really counting on it to balance out those gats and pulses, if they don't hurry up we are going to have to implement our own part bans for organized free battles. I've been doing free battles for the majority of the game so far and that is where I get all of my enjoyment, one whole season complete and I never even had an actual battle utilizing the Conquest function. I think teammates should start expecting more invites to free battle from now on, I'd say don't even bother touching conquest until it is properly modified or if there is an apparent opening for something that would result in a flag on the map.

Consistent Free Battle is the quickest and most efficient way to learn all important competitive aspects of the game, do enough battles and you'll become a much more competent player in no time, you'll quickly what does and doesn't work in an actual active pvp setting. Much better than wasting time doing the same invasions over and over gaining team points that amount to nothing.

Edited by Nomrah

Yeah, I'm really not sure why they can't seem to get things right in regard to the reset or server matchmaking or patches or anything else for that matter. Nevertheless, when things aren't going well in the game we like, its up to us to try and figure out some makeshift fixes and make the best of it. Nomrah and I were (as he said) doing some team (5v5 and 4v4) free battles the other day, it was quick and easy to get a match, and had a lot of fun with it.

I'd still prefer to have territory battles, and conquests haven't worked at all since literally the first three days of the game, but if it boils down to having to do some free battles with 5v5's just to get what we're looking for out of the game, then so be it!

I don't understand all the hate for namco bandai. Blame From Software for making a shitty mech game that no westerner really cares for, thus having a conquest mode that's too inactive to be played properly. Edited by Twisted Metal

Really not to sure why everyone keeps talking about Conquest as if its some desolate waste land of no hope and no players. Just here to say the system is working fine, maybe its the players and the teams that aren't.

You're in Vertex, which means you're in Abandoned Facility, which means you're in the most active zone in the entire game.

You're in Vertex, which means you're in Abandoned Facility, which means you're in the most active zone in the entire game.

yep and we are also working on marine, urban, and abandoned city. We just had a lot of success in facility. Again problem with players and teams not realizing where action is. Also if you bum rush an area and conquest every hour around the entire map at each difficulty you are bound to find something. Try harder.

Also did anyone else have connection issues today? I couldn't even get on for more than a minute.

MV's probably expanding there because as long as they keep sacrificing their wing teams to replenish their territory AP, they cannot be ousted.

quite a bitch tactic. Are they really that weak that they have to resort to such an exploit to have territory?

I blame Westerners for liking Call of Duty and Gears of War too much.

Can't have any sophistication here in Amurikaland, can we?

Just wanted to point out that that your post, Pen, is completely idiotic. Gears is a difficult game to master and not a game that just anyone can pick up and play with a positive k/d. Also, very few people play Gears in comparison to CoD or Halo (at release). Not to mention the population for AC has always been relatively low. Learn your multiplayer games bro.

AC has always been about 1v1 and then FROM made a bad game for 1v1. I back TM on the blame 100%. The only thing in ACV that I don't agree with is the metagame. I see absolutely no reason for all of the RJ and Quad use. Most of the quads I see don't even take advantage of cannons and the RJ's are probably there because most people suck at moving. This imbalances the weapons heavily. It makes CE weapons mostly useless and makes it possible for TE weapons to completely wreck. Fine. However, those same leg types are also weak to the weapon everyone loves to use (USG-23/H). So thanks to the mass of retards who play this game I have an 1800+ KE defense lw with dual shotties and that's pretty much all I will ever need to use until the meta changes. I highly doubt that's going to happen in NA.

So the issues are all FROM. I've never played an AC game where I felt like I only needed one design. Pathetic.

Edited by Rachis