Call of Duty: Black Ops

Magnus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting disappointment and hoping that I'm wrong.

I'm sure though even Treyarch can see the massive FUBAR done with W@W and MW2 in terms of making a suitable follow-up to CoD4.

IF they make a game that lives up to what CoD4 made people expect from a CoD game, they have everything to gain from it.

From what I see, it shows they're not contempt to sit on their asses and simply rehash the game, they're going to make something new; hopefully it's a good thing, and not another flop/half-flop.

One big thing I hope they do is listen to the online community (albeit with a grain of salt) and take some honestly good criticism of CoD4, W@W, and especially MW2; take lessons learned and apply them into this game.

A beta release would be a grand idea as well, I wouldn't even care too much if it wasn't an Xbox/PS3 beta, so long as they game can get some of the kinks worked out before it's actual release.

Well not having dedicated servers was a huge problem for the previous games, and will continue to get worse.

It serves to help cut out lag and unfuck match-making, rage quits, etc..

It can also be used to end all the B.S. mod-controllers, hacks, and the complete wreckage that is the leaderboards in these games.

~

I think one big thing Treyarch could bring to the table is destructible environments. This would really bring the game up a notch, although one might have to slow down the pace of air power and the like to ensure the map is intact by the end of the match (Stealth Bomber would fucking obliterate everything).

The game is too small scale for destructible maps. Please man this isn't Battlefield.

"In an article by CVG, Activision's CEO Mike Griffith admitted that Call of Duty: Black Ops is not expected to exceed sales of Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2."

That doesn't look promising either. Way to go Activision for opening your big fat cow mouth.

Edited by Wrenchis

• 2 weeks later...

http://weplaycod.blogspot.com/2010/05/call...-look_9232.html

" * The Black Ops mp team is twice the size compared to the mp team of World at War

* Work on multiplayer began on day one

* There is no time period for multiplayer, giving us access to more toys and tools

* Vehicles will return for mp, although not how you know them in CoD's of past

* The mp team reads the forums, blogs, Twitter, etc. and are sensitive to what the community says

* No mp maps have been taken from sp, although some sp maps have been taken from mp

* Create-a-Class customization is deep and includes many new features

* Focus is being put on varied playlists, including those for old school gamers ala Barebones

* The team is also focused on how to extend the game once you leave your console/PC

* Many of your favorite weapons will be seen, although we can't speak specifics

* Region filter will return

* Leave with party feature sounded to be making a return

* Host migration will be included

* Auto-aim ("Sticky Aim") will have a toggle on/off option

* Focused on preventing hackers/modders with a dedicated "security team"

* 2-4 play Co-op will return, and it's not Campaign Co-op, rather a "really fun co-op mode that you and your friends will love to sit on the couch and play". Speculate away people.

* It looks like dedicated servers will be returning to the PC version, although mod tools are still in question."

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see Old School mode come back. And somewhere in that information I believe I read that very phrase. that and I heard this installment of CoD will not be featuring commando as a perk at all. And the crossbow looked like a cross between the Intervention and Semtex, for maximum humiliation. This game keep seeming better and better.

But of course their is no way to tell what they screwed up along the way just yet, so I'll just have to wait and see.

One out of my two wishes seems to be coming true. Apparently, killstreaks would no longer contribute to further killstreaks. This is actually pretty brilliant. My second wish is that for search and destroy, your killstreaks should be reset every match. Having a UAV, Predator Missile, or Harrier Strike right off the bat at the next round is absolutely broken. With UAV, it destroys initial rush games. For predator missiles or harrier strikes, it may potentially kill two guys making it 4v6 right from the start. I am not keeping my hopes up. Last time I did that, I was slightly disappointed. *stares at MW2*

Some guy from mlg board compiled this from a podcast.

1.) You only get two perks in mutliplayer, and this combination of perks determines your third perk.

2.) There is a new armour system, e.g. Cold-Blooded and juggernaut are armours you can wear (not much detail given on this).

3.) The FAMAS returns, but is no longer a 3-round burst weapon. Instead it is full-auto.

4.) There is no M4. Instead another new gun mentioned seems like it will take its place, the SIG Commando.

5.) Other new weapons confirmed include the RPK, Skorpion and MAC11.

6.) There is no commando perk. (:])

7.) The scavenger perk is included, but no longer replenishes equipment.

8.) The One man army perk is also not included.

9.)The highest killstreak reward (at this time in devlelopment) is 15.

10.) There is no emergency airdrop, but there is a care package.

11.) As confirmed before, killstreaks will not stack. For instance, if you get a 5 kills without dying and receive your killstreak reward, the kills you get with that killstreak reward will not count towards your next killsreak (e.g. 7 kill killsteak). You will have to get two more kills, in that instance, by other means to receive your next killstreak.

12.) You can sprint to prone in the current build of the game. Basically this means you can dive straight on your belly after sprinting, instead of having to stop, crouch and than go prone.

13.) The tactical knife is gone, while a new knife is being introduced: the ballistic knife. This is a knife that has a spring that can shoot a blade (in real life, not necessarily in the game).

14.) The claymore is a piece of equipment, and you only get 1 per life.

15.) Grenades are not considered equipment, and replenished by scavenger.

16.) The M16 is in the game, and still a powerful weapon. (Or as Woody puts it, still the ****!)

17.) The PSG1 sniper rifle is in the game.

18.) UAV, airstrike and 3 types of helicopters are back as killstreaks. The Pave Low is confirmed as well, and has a feature unique to the game.

19.) The SR-71 plane is also one of the killstreak rewards.

I don't know what to think but there are some good changes.

Edited by Wong

People already whine about drop shots.

As far as weapon goes, I just want an AK-74M with GP-30.

Edit:

Even if this game does turn out to be great, people would always complain about the most mainstream weapons or perks. If not about those, they will complain about campers. This is pretty much inevitable in gaming.

Edited by Wong

• 1 month later...

There's a 8-9min video interview with some of the people from Treyarch, I found it really interesting.

Sonny Puzikas is one of the "military advisers" for the game production, which makes me feel happy, because Sonny P is a bad mofo.

Also the guy in charge of Treyarch's BOPS stuff says they will maintain aggressive post-launch support, primarily for multi-player.

• 2 weeks later...