Call of Duty: Black Ops

Magnus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I really like what Treyarch did, minus Second Chance (which is ultra-gay).

I think I'm going to run alot of SMG/shotgun classes with Lightweight/Steady Aim/Marathon, Lightweight/Sleight of Hand/Marathon.

Having SoH between an SMG and a Crossbow strikes me as fucking awesome.

I'm glad this isn't going to be secondaries warfare like MW2.

The shotguns/pistols thing is dope too, but I'm prolly gonna rock 50/50 between Makarov/AKS-74u and MP5K/Scorpion and Crossbow. Maybe an occasional Ballistic Knife class.

One vid had akimbo shotties, so I dunno about that.

But, the AKS-74u also gets a grip.

AKS-74u w/ Grip

M72 Law

Frag

Concussion

Tactical Insertion

Lightweight

Sleight of Hand

Marathon

MP5K w/ Suppressor

Crossbow w/ Scope

Semtex

Decoy

C4

Ghost

Sleight of Hand

Ninja

SPAS-12/HS-10 w/ Dual Wield

Ballistic Knife

Tomahawk

Decoy

Claymore

Lightweight

Steady Aim

Marathon

Some classes I'm prolly gonna use.

Also: RC-XD, Counter Spy Plane, Attack Helicopter

Edited by DangerWorldWide

Second Chance isn't going to be nearly as gay as you guys think. Just got done watching an hour long vid for BOPS multiplayer on digitalwarfare247 and the new last stand has an animation that is set apart from all the other death animations. I'm also noticing that shots aren't being fired until after the falling animation is complete which takes what seems to be about a second. Would appear that last stand has finally been balanced. I wouldn't care about being able to be revived by anyone with the previous flaw being gone and most last stand people running solo anyways.

I wouldn't care about being able to be revived by anyone with the previous flaw being gone and most last stand people running solo anyways.

I think I heard that that's only a rumored Pro version even, so the revival thing isn't confirmed, and if it is, it's a pro perk, so even better.

Can't wait to get my AUG with the true AUG scope. But I will admit that I was a bit disappointed by this video's (warning: hour long video, but very informative) reveal that weapons WILL have to be unlocked by level after all, in spite of Treyarch (whether intentional or not) leading us to believe that weapons would be purchased in any order so long as the category was unlocked, like the rest of the currency-obtained perks, attachments, and customizable options. No, you DO have to unlock your weapon by rank, and then purchase them with CoD Points. :P

Then you'd have LW/Mara/Ninja, I think it's a good balance, the way they have the perks spread out.

Lightweight / Ghost / Scavenger / Hardline / Flak Jacket

Steady Aim / Sleight of Hand / Scout / Hardened / Warlord

Marathon / Ninja / Tactical Mask / Hacker / Second Chance

Lightweight/Marathon -> Steady Aim/Sleight of Hand = Rusher

Lightweight/Marathon -> Scout = Mobile Sniper

Warlord or Hardened could be used, but they don't make much use of the rush.

Ghost/Marathon -> Flanker stealth

Ghost/Ninja -> Full stealth

Most any outcome is pretty badass, there's a bunch of shitty ones, but there's nothing too broke from what I can see.

Edited by DangerWorldWide

My primary class will probably look something like this.

AK-47 (Attachment) / CZ 75 (Attachment) / Tomahawk / [Tac Nade] / [Equipment] / Flak Jacket / Steady Aim / [Perk 3]

It really depends on the gametype, but the game has not even come out yet so what do I know? I am guessing AK-74u will be COD4 AK-74u on pro mod, which is god-like.