Call of Duty: Black Ops

Magnus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that ballistic knife looks so goddamn sick. The crossbow looks cool too, but I hope that exploding arrow is not the only type of arrow that it has. The carmore thing was funny as hell.

PSG1 is going to be my weapon. I call dibs. PSG1 and SIG. Fuck you guys.

it's cool. I'll rock whatever bolt action rifle they have. If not tho, I'll rock PSG1 fool, you can't tell me what to do. you play on the box anyway haha.

Overall, the new additions seem to be cool to me. I have a feeling that the camera will be whored by campers all the time, probably using one of the map glitches to hide it and just camp at another corner. If that video editing feature at the end is in the game, it'll make those youtube ppl really happy.

No commando! happyface. Man, no OMA and no scavenger replenishing equipment is also good times. Though, wouldn't it mean that scavenger would replenish nade launcher attachments?

You know? I'm actually pretty excited for this one now. After it finally sunk in that, as much as I love MW2 and how fun it is, it's rife with problems, imbalances, and exploits. None of which have gotten fixed unless they reach the degree of full-on glitch. Hopefully this game will fix that. The gameplay looks as tight as MW2, my beloved AUG is still there, and according to that post from over a month ago, the changes they've made to the perks and killstreaks sound like it's gonna be A LOT less exploitable.

I'm keeping a much closer eye on this one than I was a month ago.

Edited by Griffon

It looks likes alot of my dreams are coming true, but...

14.) The claymore is a piece of equipment, and you only get 1 per life.

Sadface. Claymore's are now useless. They cannot hold choke points since they can't be replaced and alot of lockdown abilities are lost when you can only have 1. The only way claymore's would work out now would be if players actually work as a team.

Everything else is awesome, me want crossbow NOW!!!

Yeah, that's something I was wondering about. Are Claymores really such a problem that they have to continuously be nerfed and re-nerfed? I mean Claymore campers with Scavenger, sure, THAT can be annoying. But if you're gonna take that ability away at least give us two of them. It worked just fine in CoD4. Edited by Griffon

They're ridiculous in MW2 because of the blast radius. Where in CoD4, you could easily outrun one if you knew what you were doing, in MW2 I've been hit around corners by them. And I don't mean, "Oh, I looked like I was around the corner," I mean a team mate hit a claymore on the other side of the corner and it killed me. Edited by NIJL

It's a free kill. I don't know what the bitching is about. If you rely on the claymore enough to bitch about it getting hit in the junk then there's more wrong with your game than how many claymores you can set down.

This isn't battlefield. This isn't some other ridiculously huge game. This is call of duty. It's always been a smaller and faster paced. Claymores make shit slow and campy. 1 claymore is enough to get people thinking and help allow you to focus your attention elsewhere. You don't need 2 and you don't need the ability to continuously supply them. If you are living long enough in one life to miss your claymore then you really aren't doing anything that would require one either.

Edited by Wrenchis

It's a free kill.

A free kill? Come on, give me a better reason than that. Given everything else, how is a mine more of a free kill than any other weapon? Or killstreak?

I don't know what the bitching is about. If you rely on the claymore enough to bitch about it getting hit in the junk then there's more wrong with your game than how many claymores you can set down.

Hey now, I know you and I don't seem to see eye to eye on....anything, but don't be a dick about it.

I only use claymores for my sniping classes, something to watch my back while I can't even see the radar. I don't even care if it kills someone or not, as long as I hear a *click* to know someone's behind me. I'm not even worrying about continuously supplying them in the same spot, but to cover more than one entrance. Is that so much of a problem?

I can cover ever last inch of the areas that I choose to be in, without the use of claymores, all with multiple ways in and out and vulnerable from a variety of locations. So, is it so much to ask to not get persecuted when I point out that others are using a crutch because I know what can be done in the game?

I have to approach the game a certain way because of the situations that I put myself into based on what I'm capable of. To many people the claymore is a great tool of defense. To me it's a free kill and it's only real job is to slow you down. Yeah claymores work against me and before I'm aware of their presence I pretend they don't exist. However, once I know they are in play I pay attention to the patterns and they don't work nearly as well afterwords. Claymores aren't effective against good players. Their existence is in the form of a security blanket so you can be comfortable with what you are doing instead of just knowing you can handle yourself. Thus...a free kill.

Edited by Wrenchis

I haven't used a claymore setup in a while, but when I do, I find them quite pointless unless they're replaceable. The idea isn't for the free kill, it's an alarm. When they trip it, whether I get +50 or a hit marker. It tells me to pay attention to the passage in which the claymore was. You can't just soundwhore everyone or expect to see everything. In most patroling setups, you WILL have one or two blindspots, and if you're working with randoms, then you can't rely on them to cover said blindspots. Thus, Claymore and go. It's not a crutch, it's a cane.

~

Having said that, most people will indeed use them as a crutch in the way you have described, so when talking about the majority of people, you're unfortunately right. I'm just saying that isn't their only purpose.

Now they might as well just replace it with a landmine, since with you don't have either the lockdown or alarm uses. :C

If you are patrolling your area correctly you won't have to worry about blindspots. No you won't have eyes on every location at all times, but you should be rapidly moving from point A to B and vice versa. It should be often enough that if anyone enters your area you will know about it.

I can't speak for Vincent, but I don't do that because when I snipe (the only time I use Claymores) I try to stay hardscoped as much as possible so that the recipient of my bullets will have a harder time finding my precise location through the killcam. That's why I'm a bit more "reliant" on claymores than you. You have your way of doing it and that's groovy, but how I described is mine. And looking at many other things in the game (Noob-tubes, akimbo shotguns, knife monkeys) I don't feel claymores are that bad in comparison, so it seems so arbitrary that they keep getting nerfed the way they do. Like I said, in CoD4, a person got two, unrefillable. That worked out fine.

I don't even know why I'm complaining, really. I don't even use scavenger with the one claymore I have, so it won't be any different than what I've got right now. It just seems like kind of a stupid piece of equipment to continuously hurt the way they do. In CoD4 we got two of them. In MW2 we got one, but with the right perk, it was replenishable. And now you only get one unreplenishable one. It's not gonna make a difference to me, but I just don't see the claymore as so abusive that it deserves the escalating downgrades it keeps getting over and over.

Edited by Griffon

Staying hardscoped is a bad habit. People figure out where you are and you should be in the habit of moving every so many kills by default. Staying hardscoped also limits your vision greatly. It would all depend on what spots you are using, but generally it's better to be stay out of scope until you need it.

I do stay mobile on certain maps. The only time I do stay hardscoped is when I'm A) Hidden well, and staying trained on either :P a popular sniping spot, or C) a choke point. You said it would all depend on what spots I'm using, and on new maps I do stay somewhat mobile until I find a suitable spot described above.

Admittedly I do stay in those places for longer than I should, but I get a kick out of seeing how long I can get away with it before someone finally gets me.

Here's what I want.

- No Deathstreaks/Last Stand

- No Killstreak game types

- Balanced Killstreaks/Air Support and Anti-Air Launchers

- No OMA

- One Claymore out at a time (this allows Scavanger, but keeps Claymore camps from being too insane)

- Blast Shield works against Flash/Stun as well as explosives

- No Pro Perks

- Base movement speed is based on Primary/Secondary; Pistols/Launchers don't slow you down, Machine Pistols and Shotguns slow you down.

- Firing delay on attached Grenade Launchers

- Fix Thermals

- Solid support for online play (banning hax, glitchers, etc..)

~

Tier 1

Marathon - Unlimited Sprint

Bling - 2 Attachments (both weapons)

Sleight of Hand - Faster Reloads

Scavanger - Pickup reloads

Tier 2

Stopping Power - More bullet damage

Danger Close - More explosive damage

Lightweight - Increase base moving speed

Cold Blooded - Stealth (UAV, Air Support)

Tier 2

Steady Aim - Decreases hip fire spread and increases breath holding for sniping

Scrambler - Jams nearby enemy electronics

SitRep - Shows enemy equipment

Eavesdrop - Decreases friendly footsteps, Increases enemy footsteps (noise wise)

Riot Shields protect against Stuns, but I don't think Blast Shields do.

You mean the opposite. And Rachis is right, Blast Shields had always worked against stun grenades.

Especially with Akimbo.

Aside the Glocks and Rafficas, the rest of the Akimbo casts are just bad shotguns.

Edited by Wong