Call of Duty: Black Ops

Magnus

If the stun grenades is directly in front of you, then it won't affect you. If the stun is at your back or sides, then it will. If that is what you meant, then yeah, you are right. I thought you meant a full protection from stuns. The blast shields do work against stuns though. Edited by Wong

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever, I think Blast Shield should keep you from getting stunned/flashed.

I think either Shotgun/Machine Pistol secondaries have to give you some disadvantage (slower movement, slower switch, etc..) or go completely.

I don't know if you can remove Machine Pistols/Shotguns and leave Pistols/Launchers as the only secondaries; because then you'll have to deal with everyone using RPG's; or AT4's, but whatever, MP's and shotties as secondaries was pretty dumb.

I feel if they made Pistols worth a shit again, they'd be able to allow basically permanent Overkill, but base movement speed and sprint duration would be determined by your loadout, the bigger the weapons (bigger by purposes of creating balance); the slower you move, etc.. etc..

The alternative I see is making things 3rd Perk items, RPG's, Stinger, etc..

I am really for leaving out Ninja Pro/Dead Silence, CoD has become the epicenter of video game sound whoring.

How does it even make sense for the blast shield to nullify flashbangs when they affect vision? Would you like blast shield to make you blind?

I can understand wanting certain things, but that's just...wow. I'd expect that kind of shit from an idiot AC player. Not you Raor.

Edited by Wrenchis

Well, seeing as the icon for the blast shield looks an awful lot like a welders mask, I can see how someone would reach that conclusion.

EDIT: I just noticed something pretty f**kin cool (to me at least) in the MP trailer.

Right after the part showing the RC car killstreak reward, the following scene you briefly hear a jet screaming past, shortly followed by a napalm strike.

Take a look at

for a moment.

A-10s have a very distinct fly-by sound compared to other jets, and are commonly associated with napalm. I think my favorite plane is going to be a killstreak option. :P

Edited by Griffon

Blast Shield = Welder's Mask,

My sentiment exactly Griffon; besides that's how the SAS designed their gas masks (with blacked out lenses) to dampen the effects of flashbangs on their guys as they're using them.

Considering that in equipment you have Frag/Semtex and Claymore, there's no reason why Blast Shield can't give you atleast a 50% damper against the effects of stuns and flashbangs, I'm not talking about making them worthless.

It seems that at least about a 3rd of Enganacious' wish list will come true. I really like how the beta looks, not to thrilled about porta-camera for camping and Ballistic Knife keeping the knife from being stupidly popular (It's like the new commando, D:) but I guess that's better than the stuff from MW2.

• 3 weeks later...
Spyplane works like a normal uav. Blackbird can't be shot down AND shows you the direction of your enemy is facing as well as their location. Blackbird is hella sweet.

Ooh, that sounds REALLY cool actually. I'm assuming the entire team gets the benefits of it? If so then that sounds like it would be really worth an 8-kill streak.

I think the entire team getting that level of recon from the Blackbird would be a safe assumption.

What I'm liking about the killstreak list is that it is less aggressive altogether. 11 killstreaks will be harder to get and they aren't on the Chopper Gunner or AC130 level either. The RC Car and the Valkyrie Missile take time to operate, the Attack Helicopter will probably work about the same, and the other killstreaks you kill with are airstrikes and mortars.

11 killstreaks will be harder to get and they aren't on the Chopper Gunner or AC130 level either.

I dunno, I heard from some friends who played WaW that the attack dogs were pretty gnarly. So if those didn't get toned down... Still, 11 non-KS-aided kills will be tricky, so it should be as bad as WaW was where it was what, 7KS?

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody reading up on BOPs?

Here's what's eating me.

From the perks stand-point, there's a few issues.

Tier 1: Lightweight, Scavenger, Ghost, Hardline, Flak Jacket

Pretty good but Flak Jacket is going to be crap IMO.

Tier 2: Hardened, Scout, Steady Aim, Sleight of Hand, Warlord

Sleight of Hand and Warlord rule this (save for snipers who will Scout)

Tier 3: Marathon, Ninja, Second Chance, Hacker, Tactical Mask

First 2 = 50% of players, third one = 40%, last 2 = ~10%

Works for me though, Lightweight/Sleight of Hand/Marathon style classes.

~

I'm definitely down with the SAM Turret killstreaks, and the Blackbird (unstoppable super-UAV), the dogs still sound like their going to be OP to me.

Tier 1: Lightweight, Scavenger, Ghost, Hardline, Flak Jacket

Pretty good but Flak Jacket is going to be crap IMO.

I don't know if it's going to be crap, but you're probably right in that it will be the least picked. Unless noob tubes become a problem.

Tier 2: Hardened, Scout, Steady Aim, Sleight of Hand, Warlord

Sleight of Hand and Warlord rule this (save for snipers who will Scout)

I wouldn't count the others out. I know a few friends who run & gun with SMGs that live by Steady Aim, though Hardened probably won't be too popular. We'll have to wait to see what the pro versions do though before we count them out.

Tier 3: Marathon, Ninja, Second Chance, Hacker, Tactical Mask

First 2 = 50% of players, third one = 40%, last 2 = ~10%

In standard TDM games, you're probably right, but I think the last two will be far more popular for the S&D games.

I'm definitely down with the SAM Turret killstreaks, and the Blackbird (unstoppable super-UAV), the dogs still sound like their going to be OP to me.

At least they're harder to get. 11 kills unassisted by KS rewards? That can be tricky.

Edited by Griffon

Killstreaks don't count towards the killstreak? awesome.

~

Btw, nades and launchers are supposed to be nerfed alittle bit, but the RPG's and stuff still look pretty solid, so perhaps Flak Jacket might be a good option for countering some of the games launchers (China Lake, RPG, M202, M72 Law).

But with the killstreaks not feeding themselves I am perfectly ok with the selection.

• 2 weeks later...