Call of Duty: Black Ops

Magnus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the "sniper rifles and shotguns suck ass" is from the non-existence of Stopping Power. You know, so you have to aim for the chest with snipers and not expect a shotgun to kill just because the enemy was 1/3 in your crosshairs. I'm fine with actually putting effort into aiming my guns though, so it won't bother me if this is really the case.

And you also gotta think about what makes it "boring" for them. It could be that they're just upset that they can't go a thousand MPH with M-L-C and OHK everyone with dual rangers anymore, so the game is "slower and boring". :P Edited by Griffon

Did that guy REALLY just refer to noob-tubes as "skill cannons"? :P

He's either a master troll or a complete idiot.

As for the list itself, some of the attachments seemed kinda strange and random.

Noob tube on AK-74u? Revolver gets an ACOG sight? CZ75 gets a full-auto capability? M60 is the only LMG that gets a grip? PM63 doesn't get any sight upgrades or suppressor? G11 only gets two attachments and they're both scopes? And I'm sorry, but even with a suppressor, a headshot shold be a freakin headshot.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this works out, but some of those choices seem kinda strange. I'd also like to find out which of the purchased scopes for the AUG gets you the actual AUG scope. Probably the ACOG, but I suppose it could be the reflex sight too.

Edited by Griffon

Did that guy REALLY just refer to noob-tubes as "skill cannons"? dry.gif

He's either a master troll or a complete idiot.

At the board, if you type in "noob tube" or "grenade launcher", it will convert it to "skill cannon" ... as a sarcastic remark. All swear words also gets converted. So no, the OP was not being a troll or an idiot.

Never saw the whole point in all the hate against the 203 being considered as nooby and ill-skilled in the modern warfare games. I can see them being considered as nooby in other shooters, where people take longer to die, but they've never been that effective in cod , and their only purpose(albeit an extremely broken purpose) is to launch a round into the other team's spawn point in hardcore domination games.

At the board, if you type in "noob tube" or "grenade launcher", it will convert it to "skill cannon" ... as a sarcastic remark. All swear words also gets converted. So no, the OP was not being a troll or an idiot.

Gotcha. My bad.

Never saw the whole point in all the hate against the 203 being considered as nooby and ill-skilled in the modern warfare games.

I can't speak for everyone, but my main gripe is that it's often a OHK if it hits somewhere in their general area, and they don't need (can't) ADS. So while you're running around and have to aim to make your bullets kill the guy, he's already lobbed a kill-circle somewhere within 5 feet of you and you lose. Factor in Danger Close and their ability to be replenished with scavenger and OMA (won't work in Ops, which is welcome) and yeah, they can be pretty cheesy.

I like my skill cannon. But as an objective player who actually goes for the objectives, the skill cannon is a huge pain in the ass in Domination. Three people can be capping a flag a one tube can easily mop up three kills. Same thing can be said for semtex but if I kill my opponent, the semtex actually drops from the throw animation. The skill cannon on the other hand will trade. Same goes with skill launchers.