Magnus

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was sort of a meh experience to me, mostly because I felt like I had seen it before. They stripped out the humour and got way too preachy with the environmental stuff. Also, cartoon fairies still manage to be hotter than computer generated giant blue aliens. I remember hearing about sequels not long after the first movie, and after having some time to let it sink in, I still don't think there's many storyline options left to work with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Unfortunately we live in an age where the vast majority of movies will be rehashes. It's not that people aren't creative anymore, it's just that we have made so many stories and themes that the number of original ones is decreasing. Imagine the film industry 1000 years from now. If we continue to allow previous movies to reduce a movie's overall rating, there will be no good movies.

• 7 months later...
Unfortunately we live in an age where the vast majority of movies will be rehashes. It's not that people aren't creative anymore, it's just that we have made so many stories and themes that the number of original ones is decreasing. Imagine the film industry 1000 years from now. If we continue to allow previous movies to reduce a movie's overall rating, there will be no good movies.

This is true. But when you do what Avatar did, at the level that Avatar did it, somebody should have to pay royalties to somebody.

Anyway, I read that James Cameron wants to focus on the oceans of the furfag homeworld in the sequels.

So here's Avatar 2.