Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had actual internet instead of an air-card it's so lonely....... except for the occasional NPC summon sign, but it's sometimes a sucky npc. Anyway anyone try out the Dark wood Grain Ring yet? Probably one of my favorite rings now, makes mid weights as fast as light weights, and it gives you a cool flip that goes farther instead of a roll. Also making a pure Dex file in this game is pretty freaking hard.

Fuck Blighttown. Fuck this guide and its confusing maps. Fuck fallling. Fuck those neck-biting zombies. Fuck poison. Fuck getting stuck on a ladder above a zombie that's stabbing my ass while the dumbass phantom above me keeps trying to climb down.

I just want to get that damn dragon head.

I joined the dragon covenant at soul level 29... feeeeeels goooooooood maaaan.

Almost did it while cursed.

sadly no one ever accepts the dragon eye I lay down.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y PPL NO FITE ME!?

Edited by ^Slaanesh

if anyone gets to lost izalith, theres a titanite demon near the boss door that respawns and drops 2 demon titanite every time you kill him

what SL is everyone? i have a SL65 acct that i tried to duel artdooks with it but we werent able to get on the same server

ive got 2 SL120 accts too

i wanna wreck shit with you people

while i was waiting for dooks i used the dragon eye to duel on my SL65 char and the whole time i used a lightning balder sword +2 (and a +5 fire zwei for fog ring people)

the first guy used a katana and an eagle shield

i wrecked him with 2H straight up. he tried to attack me but he didnt have enough poise and lost out on every exchange. i killed him with a backstab when he tried to heal

the second guy was a JP or something and he had a dragoncrest shield with a lightning spear

he tried to block everything i had while attacking me at the same time, so he tanked on stamina which let me rape him silly with 2H balder

the third guy had a knight shield and a lightning spear and all he didnt even bother attacking. he just turtled up and let me pound on his rectum with 2H balder till he tanked on stamina and died

the fourth guy had a zwei but he tried to 1H it with a crest shield, so i pulled out my zwei and out-zwei'd his ass

i put my sign up again but no one was biting. i got 3 orange soapstones and 2 bloodstains of the people i killed directly around my dragon eye summon stone though; it was baller. they all said stuff like "imminent dark, good luck, strong enemy ahead" and the bloodstains you could see me busting their shield and killing them

Edited by noob

That's pretty fucking epic Noob. I wish I still had my ps3 so we could wreak some Havoc.

EDIT: I also forget to mention it has 200 base attack, and has a magic boost effect, it also looks like it has a hidden magic attack as when I hit enemies a blue slash mark appears when I hit them, of course that could just be me.

If anyone else noticed the blue slash mark when you hit people I figured out it's a critical hit. They've add more critical hits in this game and I'm liking it. Critical hits are; Backstabs, ripostles, Counter Attacks (attacks right after a weapon bounces off you shield) and hitting opponents at the right time (this one is a little harder to pin down because it varies for each monster/person).

you can actually get the dragon headstone + stamina regen ring + large soul of a proud knight at SL1 with the master key as a gift, and they might patch the infinite dragon head glitch soon. my advice would be to get at least one dude with 20mil souls or so and then go back to completing the game, just in case. it would suck to legitimately get to SL120 on your own, especially with the shitty multiplayer

Spears are mostly used for turtling which wasn't very effective in DS and in this one it kinda feels the same way . Last weekend when I got to play some online I tore a new one in the guys that turtled. I think it's a popular tactic now because of the Lightning spear found in Sen's. I feel like it's the Crescent Falchion of DS as I've seen lots of people use it. Edited by Kaleidoscope

I'm slvl31. I've been limiting the amount of time I play, but after this weekend, I'll start wrecking shit. Got my iaito+7 so I'm happy. I also wanna get priscilla's dagger to see which one I like more between that and bandit knife. If p.dagger has that dope crit chance or whatever it is I get when I use bandit's knife then I'll be happy. If not, then bandit knife it is.

I just realized that there's crystal lizards in this game.

Bosses I've beaten are gargoyles, capra, gap dragon, butterfly and I think that's it. Taurus don't count haha. I think I'm gonna keep going to the area I didn't go to in the forest, then try to go for blighttown. I kinda ran into butterfly by accident. I don't know where anything is in this game.

Got my iaito+7 so I'm happy.

Man, I died so much looking for iaito in Blighttown that I gave up on it. Is there another one or a merchant that as one?

I haven't played this game since day 1 due to work and other obligations. :(

How is the online component? I heard it sucked balls while the game itself is good.

It's cool, L-Ton. Handle it. Online kind of blows because of the random server bullshit. When you get on a populated server it's good but it's really hard to join up with a specific person.

Next file is definitely starting out with masterkey. I didn't really get what I was doing and chose divine blessing. And then I didn't know the controls so I kept hitting the item button and used them all up as soon as I had control of character. :(

I think I'm Slvl 31 or 32. Although I have a shit ton of souls right now, so I'll level up to roughly... 35 or 36.

Wait, dammit, I just remembered that I wanted to kill Great Grey Wolf Sif :( So much for leveling up massively.

....And I still need to kill the Hydra at Darkroot Basin and the Undead Dragon. God damn to-do list.

@Ethos The Bandit's dagger has a higher Critical than Priscilla's Dagger at 147 to 100 but Priscilla's dagger has the highest Bleed damage in the game at 500 and does 110 evil damage. Priscilla's dagger also starts with an "A" Param bonus while bandit's is a "B" and it also has higher starting damage. If you plan to get Priscilla's dagger bring fire weapons or Pyromancy as fire makes her visible after she turns invisible.

@Ninty There's a merchant at the bottom of Blighttown that sells all kinds of Curved blades/katana's by the water wheel once you join the Forest Hunters. Also the merchant in the undead burg drops an Uchi which does more damage than the Iaito.

you can actually get the dragon headstone + stamina regen ring + large soul of a proud knight at SL1 with the master key as a gift, and they might patch the infinite dragon head glitch soon. my advice would be to get at least one dude with 20mil souls or so and then go back to completing the game, just in case. it would suck to legitimately get to SL120 on your own, especially with the shitty multiplayer

Is it something like master key new londo back door to valley of drakes to blighttown swamp to great hollow to ash lake blitz?

Okay my magic girl will do it and maybe my faith man as well. If the patch comes out I'll refuse it and just undo the internet until I get both of them to the end of the blitz for SL120.

Man, I died so much looking for iaito in Blighttown that I gave up on it. Is there another one or a merchant that as one?

As far as I know, the only place to get Iaito is in blighttown. I don't think merchants sell it. It isn't hard to find. If you go into blighttown from The Depths entrance, you can sort of see it if you keep going forward. It's on a ledge that you have to do a running jump to. I died a few times trying to get it cause I never had to do a running jump to anything before. I know other curved swords are sold elsewhere though, so if you want a different one, you can always buy it.

@Ethos The Bandit's dagger has a higher Critical than Priscilla's Dagger at 147 to 100 but Priscilla's dagger has the highest Bleed damage in the game at 500 and does 110 evil damage. Priscilla's dagger also starts with an "A" Param bonus while bandit's is a "B" and it also has higher starting damage. If you plan to get Priscilla's dagger bring fire weapons or Pyromancy as fire makes her visible after she turns invisible.

@Ninty There's a merchant at the bottom of Blighttown that sells all kinds of Curved blades/katana's by the water wheel once you join the Forest Hunters. Also the merchant in the undead burg drops an Uchi which does more damage than the Iaito.

Yeah, I found out about the A/B bonus a little after I posted that. I might go for p.dagger after all. The only reason I want a dagger is to harass. It'll be more annoying if I'm doing more damage while I do so.

This is a question for those with the guide. Does the guide have a list of all the weapons and how much damage they do after all upgrades? The wikis are incomplete so I wanna know what does more damage than what. I know that uchi does more damage than iaito, but on that chart that noob posted, it said that iaito+15 is the best weapon in its category for a dex character. Even if its not, I don't care. I wanna look cool while I cut people down.