Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we tried it for maybe half an hour or so while i was SL70 and he was SL73

we even tried logging in at the same time and then tried to wait after that but no luck

also i got the black knight greataxe +5 and its my new favorite weapon of all time because its so damn versatile and fast and i still get 600 atk with it 2H

the 1H R1 is as fast as the claymore, but it has more range and its a full 180 sweep, so its great for zoning and poking and great vs fog ring users

the 2H R1 has an extremely fast startup which makes it easy to interrupt attacks and the swing is vertical starting from the ground, making it excellent in hallways and cramped areas

both roll attacks are a 270 sweep, which is always great to have, especially with the awesome range

at +5 its 319 base with a B scale in STR, so it either beats out or is equal to every other STR weapon i have as of right now, including +14 demon great ax and smough hammer

so if anyone ever plans on making a STR build, this is a must-have weapon. its got speed, range, power, and a great moveset

Based off the videos I've seen of it, I like its swing speed, but its startup is painfully slow looking, and easy to notice. I don't really like the feel of a lot of the heavier weapons in the game. The main reason heavy weapons were used at all in Demon's Souls was because of the ground pound, which came out super fast and had hyper armor elements to it. The DBS also had that handy running sweep, but it was also cursed and had the ability to ohko you regardless, not to mention like the best range in the game. If the Dark Knight Great Axe has the same hyper armor elements to its regular swings like the Great Axe did in Demon's Souls, I can see it being a contender. Otherwise, it's justa slow piece of shit.

The 2h polearm weapons have lost their speed as well by a large amount, but boy do they look powerful.

Maybe I'm just skeptical about heavy weapons in general in Dark Souls, but I'm not a believer just yet. If super high poise means hyper armor for every weapon though, then maybe they got a chance.

Edited by TMRaven

There's a glitch that lets you cast every spell in the game like near-instantly as well as allows you to enchant any weapon. It also makes all magic scale off the pyromancy stat. The potential of that being game-breaking is pretty obvious.

I don't remember how it happens though. It's something you can do fast though.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60648043

I think this was it.

its the fastest weapon you get for a STR build for the amount of attack. your other choices are either hammers, greatswords, or ultra greatswords, which all either lack the range or speed that the black knight greataxe has. the 1H swing startup is comparable to the 2H claymore in demons souls

hammers get ground pound but it comes out much slower in dark souls

greataxes are slow as dick and have gimped range

greatswords are ok but the range isnt as good as it used to be

ultra greatswords are too slow with all of their attacks

STR builds basically live off of poise though yah

nonetheless, ive had pretty good success with great axes and smoughs hammer. most of my hits are either roll attack hits or running attack hits to punish people who try to to cast spells or do other shenanigans. the general range on str weapons are good too because it makes it really easy to catch rolls

and ive only used the black knight great axe a little bit, but so far it hasnt disappointed

artdeux told me about that spell glitch and ive used it before, but i didnt know i could enchant un-enchantable weapons with it

Edited by noob

I return with further tales of my exploits!

I have spent A LOT of time in Sen's Fortress, invading people constantly for Dragon Scales. And not in the nice way, either. You see, invading there spawns you in this nice little nook right above the very first bridge. Most people won't know where the invader will spawn, and move out onto the bridge. They're often met with dragonbreath to the ass, or are very gently kicked off the edge. Not even backstabbed.

Over time, I got a lot of souls. And I mean a lot. I was having so much fun ruining people's days in Sen's. Kicking people into boulders, kicking people into Titanite Demons, kicking people into a mob of serpents. I was essentially Patches for days and days.

And with Dragon Greatsword +5 in hand, and my Dragon Torso Stone, I set out on a journey that would decimate everyone I would ever invade. The Dragon Roar is a temporary attack buff that not only instantly breaks every shield's guard besides Greatshields, but doubles the damage of all weapons, and with double damage going on a giant sword in front of someone who isn't able to protect themselves... Well, most of my fights end in just one hit!

But I'm still a Knight. I hate using magic, or magic barriers, beyond heal. So every now and then, even with my Stone Greatsword using Gravity, I'd get stuck being unable to hit someone with Ironskin, or some other spell, like Fire Surge. But recently, that isn't an issue anymore, as when I traveled into the painting, I found the Vow of Silence, a Miracle of epic proportions. It took 30 Faith to use, but the amount of souls I had saved up was a staggering amount. By the end of today, I had hit SL 175 and was Medium Weight in Havel's Armor with Shield and Dragon Greatsword, at which point I learned something pretty obnoxious.

No one at this level simply wants to help each other, they're all out to kill. So I was like 'yeah, okay' and decided to go get the Ring of Fog.

And that was my biggest woopsie yet. No one was high enough a level in that forest anymore for me to invade. So I chose to remake and start over again, just to get this broken-ass ring. So my adventuring stops for a bit.

The servers do cycle so waiting is your best bet. We tested it all night. I found noob 3 times (all 3 failed) and I found John twice (both succeeded).

Some bullshit though, fails wtf.

Also we timed it at about 50 min between times Noob showed up on my game from the same sign.

That's good news. At least my co-worker will be happy to hear that. He's getting murdered lol. Though 50 mins is a long wait. It'll be worth it though, since it'll mean I at least won't be running alone. I feel like I haven't even touched multiplayer at all.

Well the time between cycles for me and Mike wasn't too long. He found my sign after a few minutes and then we merc'd Havel and Taurus Demon. Then I went away for twenty minutes to buy pyro stuff and go potty. Then I dropped sign again and we waited again for not too long.

The key is evil anal.

It's not worth it unless the area is that long or you're trolling one spot for a day, tbh. Unless you have hours to spare then fuck it.

Oh yeah I'll be on AIM prolly all day noob if you want to try again.

Evil Anal is the answer.

Edited by Penguin Deus