Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once it's confirmed to be entirely stable throughout the whole game, then I will get the PC version. As of now I don't even have my pc controller to play the game with anyways.

Some of the high-res photos caps being posted are nice.

You don't have PS3 controllers?

Also, turns out PC version is tied to Xbox servers. Which are filled with nice people. Everyone I've summoned has simply lightning bolted each and every single boss.

Also, ain't mad. Just serving up dishes of what what.

Everyone I've summoned has simply lightning bolted each and every single boss.

Those are always boring fights. First of all, I don't usually summon anyone other than Owen or Mike and when I do summon someone else, if they're just dashing through the level OHKOing everything I blackstone them out. Steamrolling mobs is no fun to me.

Steamrolling other players is hilarious though.

There have been some major changes to the balance of the game-- specifically with DWGR. I'm still trying to find the exact documentation on it, but everybody is saying that DWGR is only at its most effective at 25% weight. I'm not sure if 50% weight gives fat roll, or regular roll. The claymore's 2h r1s are way slower now, so the stunlock ability might be gone, but I'm not sure.

Also, the BB glitch is apparently gone now.

I'm pretty sure it effects console too. At least that's the feeling I get because everybody's talking about it on ps3 gamefaqs.

I went ahead and said fuck it so I got pc dark souls right now, but I'm currently stock on waiting for stupid games for windows live to update itself. I swear it's taking years.

Edited by Twisted Metal

I just took a quick look at gamefaqs, I don't see anything suggesting console being patched today, just a lot of conjecture based on PtD addition. To be fair though I only read about 5-6 threads.

Maybe it gets patched when the DLC comes out?

also new spells:

http://i.imgur.com/TkLiv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1pUll.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/56T1f.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OlHkK.jpg

All of them sound pretty interesting!

We'll have to wait and see if console gets the same updates as PC. Hopefully they do something stupid so I don't buy this.

black flames = more sasuke fags lol

I might need to make a troll account called Krillin Uchiha or something

Not that I will. But yeah the idea is nice lol

Edited by Penguin Deus

Good news, bad news. The good is that I got the ps3 controller working seamlessly, and the game at 2560x1440 looks great for the most part. The bad news is that I havn't worked around the shitty games for windows live yet, and another thing-- which is embarrassing on from softaware's part, is that since my gpu isn't officially supported by the game, the game locks me at 15fps no matter my resolution. Pretty shitty.

Edit: I've been playing around with resolution, areas of the game and overclocking my 4850m to desktop standards. Turns out I wasn't changing the actual resolution unless I went inside the actual text file of the mod.

While it seems as though both overclocking and lowering resolution improves performance for me, I've been checking GPU-Z and monitoring my GPU usage throughout the game. It's erratic and at times dips to only 30%. Definitely a driver problem.

Also to note, is that the resolution fix only works with things in your immediate surroundings. Distant objects still look shitty. I heard the modder is working on a fix for that, though.

Taurus Demon's hd face (click for full size)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/twisted_metal_2/DATA-2012-08-24-15-09-15-82.jpg

Edited by Twisted Metal

I'll have to make a caster now to use those spells. I've been meaning to make a caster anyways but I was waiting to see if the new ones were going to be faith or INT based before I made a new character.

I'm also going to have to scrap a file somewhere if I want a 99VIT file. I guess I'll remake Mandingo since he was just mule file anyway and BB glitch is going away so he needs to be something.