Dark Souls

Magnus

Mike, I think I told you this a while ago at AIM, but from the findings from my friends, these weapons has the best ripostes with Wolf Ring:

Greataxe +5 > Great Club +5 > Demon Great Machete +5 > Rapier +5 > Estoc +5 > Richard's +5 > Bandit Knife +5

All Lightning Weapons b/c it's easier access. The person received the damage has no armor, 99 vit, fap ring, and mom mask, no damage had to go through armor. But yeah, this is why I told you big weapons did more damage, but maybe the lack of armor has to do with it, since the rapier class bypasses them. But the results does coincide with their results. If you want, we can do tests tomorrow with Sara. She has 49 Vit, Mom Mask, and full Giant +5.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, I think I told you this a while ago at AIM, but from the findings from my friends, these weapons has the best ripostes with Wolf Ring:

Greataxe +5 > Great Club +5 > Demon Great Machete +5 > Rapier +5 > Estoc +5 > Richard's +5 > Bandit Knife +5

All Lightning Weapons b/c it's easier access. The person received the damage has no armor, 99 vit, fap ring, and mom mask, no damage had to go through armor. But yeah, this is why I told you big weapons did more damage, but maybe the lack of armor has to do with it, since the rapier class bypasses them. But the results does coincide with their results. If you want, we can do tests tomorrow with Sara. She has 49 Vit, Mom Mask, and full Giant +5.

I never argued against that being true. I specifically said to you on aim that the rapiers get a bigger multiplier, not that they do more damage. That was how it was in demon's souls and it's the same now.

Sounds like Sara needs a deepdicking.

The same file I threw 99 prisms while naked.

I never argued against that being true. I specifically said to you on aim that the rapiers get a bigger multiplier, not that they do more damage. That was how it was in demon's souls and it's the same now.

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding then, if there were any.

I think I'm ok with where all my characters are. RAMLOGJAM missed out on being a darkwraith so I'll just stick to trolling in dark Anal Londo. Maybe I'll do catacombs to get gravesword. Probably not though. My crit girl has been disappointing me so I might just make her use quaalude sword or something. If that's the case though then I'll need to either get her to Izalith to farm that demon tite or just trade from my main joint.

I haven't been on much lately because of school. Today's last class day so maybe I can get back into the way of the invader.

peaking of which, I'm looking to trade the blue titanite slab I'm about to get for a white titanite slab. Any takers?

I need as many Blue slabs as possible, but I don't think I have white slab. Where do you get it? I can go grab it and then we can trade at some point.

@ john: I think I have a file that has a lot of demon t's that I won't be using. Not sure tho. If that hawk girl glitch still works, there's that too.

@ mike: yeah, I might do that too. I gotta beat these levels for at least a few characters.

@ exo: yeah, I'm willing to part with it like I said. if you get that nito one, the blue one's yours. Just like you, I need all the white slabs I can get lol.

Before you kill yourself getting white chunks and white slabs, chaos w/ hume +10 generally beats out faith based weapons in attack power. By generally I mean chaos has more physical attack as well as its fire attack being higher than occult's magic attack, for every weapon I looked at, but I didn't look them all up. So like if you can't the white ore you need, chaos stuff is a good alternative assuming you keep your humes above 10.

I'm not sure how well the higher attack translates to damage (since I think most equipment has higher fire defense than magic defense), but I know that I've seen chaos washing poles do good damage (I use one from time to time).

Lightning compares favorably against faith weapons, too.

Yeah John farm him enough for us both.

:(

Demon Titanite

So I'm not sure about this, but fairly sure, that buffs add stun to your swings. I'm not sure how much, or even how exactly (static or scaling). I noticed this last night because single hits from Elton's dragon tooth while it was enchanted caused me to stagger, which normally doesn't happen (I have 72 poise). This is pretty useful information since it renews my confidence in an enchanted dagger being dope. I was down on daggers (admittedly I haven't taken it into pvp yet) because they couldn't stagger anything and did even less damage than I expected but this might save them for me!

This could also be big because it might give a reason to use the resins at higher SLs even though the damage it adds is almost nil (aside from poison cuz poison is so dope already).

btw ggs Elton, we were like wuxia heroes

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw3en3MrtF1qzrlhgo3_r1_250.gif

Edited by Penguin Deus