EVE Online - ACU Corporation

Harakiri Tiger

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90, I know you refit the ship already and haven't posted the new one, but the new one is still funky. You're using the artillery subsystem instead of the autocannon subsystem... but you're using ACs. Also, you don't really need that many TEs. If you really want range, tho, you can use 2x TE and 1x Barrage M. That'll net you something wild like 40km falloff or some shit. Really, though, you can probably pull off just 1x TE and be fine. 2x Gyro, 1x or 2x TE (whichever you feel you need), 1x DC and then other junk.

I saw you fixed most of it, though. You may want to ask Art for some good Loki fits, though.

PS: hi

+50% Damage, +50% Optimal, +37.5% Tracking = Artillery

+37.5% Rate of Fire, +50% Falloff = Auto-Cannon

Ok, so I wanted to help you kinda clean your fit up a bit without actually changing your fitting too much in concept. I also wanted to make a sorta tight fit, so you'd be somewhat maxing what you got. I spent about 30 minutes in EFT and came up with a pretty decent support fit for when you mission with people, but it's definitely not the best fit possible. The +25% shield resistances subsystem is actually pretty epic, but I stuck to the -25% signature radius subsystem instead since it seemed like you wanted that one. It's also more work to get a tight fit with that shield one, so I figure this'll be easiest.

It looks like you want to run ACs, a hybrid shield tank (hardeners + passive regen), low signature radius, afterburner, and relatively long range with good damage. I'm not going to judge. I'm just going to work with it. I went with that, anyway. Idk if that's actually what you wanted, but that's what I designed around in EFT. I focused a bit more on the tank than the damage, though. I also used T2 rigs, feel free to use T1 instead. I kept Barrage M on the ammo since you were using Barrage M in your pic, too.

http://revolution.armoredcoreuniverse.net/EVE/Fittings/Unique%20Fittings/Bladecatcher.jpg

[Loki, Bladecatcher]

Damage Control II

Gyrostabilizer II

Gyrostabilizer II

Tracking Enhancer II

Tracking Enhancer II

10MN Afterburner II

Large Shield Extender II

Large Shield Extender II

Invulnerability Field II

Invulnerability Field II

425mm AutoCannon II, Barrage M

Medium Core Defence Field Extender II

Loki Defensive - Amplification Node

Loki Electronics - Tactical Targeting Network

Loki Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir

Loki Offensive - Projectile Scoping Array

Loki Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst

Hobgoblin II x5

Warrior II x5

It's a super tight fit, so you might not be able to equip it all yet. If so, you may want to drop the LSE2s for other junk until you can. You could try m4 LSEs or even MSE2s instead. Your call. I think you should be able to pull this fit off, though. At worst you might have to train some skills for a week or buy some implants for fitting, but that should be it.

Your turrets don't have magical tracking under five kilometers, so you'll want drones that can eat frigates alive. You also have a super fast lock-on time, along with a super fast reload rate. You should be able to pop frigates long before they get to you, but keep the light drones anyway. Not forgetting that ridiculous 44km falloff. Even at your max lock-on range you still do about 100 dps. I wouldn't do it, though. That Barrage M ammo isn't exactly cheap. Try to shoot around 25km or closer so you can maintain 300+ dps.

The passive tank regen on this boat is actually pretty poor, even after those relatively huge resists. Still not bad, though. The advantage of the setup is the large ass buffer in shields. 17,000 shield HP is more than enough to keep you alive if anything goes wrong in a mission. Just look at those eHP scores in the description. That's also why I used the extender rigs insead of the purger rigs. You get more hp/s regen from the purger rigs, but you only have like 9,000 shield HP that way. That extra 8,000 shield HP will probably come in more handy in a hybrid tank setup than the hp/s regen will.

You can fly around at roughly 750m/s with a sig radius of 150m, so you should be easily able to kite most things. You're also completely cap stable. In fact, you're so cap stable that you'd be somewhat hard to neut for NPCs. Pure accident, but still helpful. This way you get that hybrid tank you wanted. It's just a hybrid of speed, signature radius, high shield hp, high resists, and some hp/s regen. You can't solo every L4 in this though. It's not magic. You'd have to change the fit around a good bit to do that.

Also, this is what it looks like with the subsystems in the fit I'm talking about.

http://revolution.armoredcoreuniverse.net/EVE/Screenshots/Bladecatcher%20-%20Left%20Side.jpg

http://revolution.armoredcoreuniverse.net/EVE/Screenshots/Bladecatcher%20-%20Right%20Side.jpg

Hope you like it!

=3

I'd be willing to go to the shield subsystem if you think it'd be a better fit than sig radius. I still have the subsystem so it's not a big deal to switch. Also, I don't have enough POW or CPU to fit that. I'm close on CPU but POW is coming up pretty short. Of course, EFT has lied to me before when it comes to importing my character so I'll have to check again in-game.

Loki's tank can get sooooo big!http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7525/luckyloki.jpg

Willing to bet there's some kinda way to get a similar dps tank with 6 turrets.

Edited by renketsu0

Adaptive Shields is harder to work with on slots, though. It's definitely better. It even gives you +50 CPU to work with, which makes fitting easier. You lose a mid or low slot for it, though. I don't remember which, and you gain a high slot. If you use Adaptive + Augmented Capacitor + Projectile Scoping you can run 6x turrets, 25m3 drone bw, and a missile launcher. Fitting it that way would call for a different module fit too, though.

I would just stick to the sig radius one. Having a signature radius of 150 is pretty good. Especially for that setup I posted. It's all made to fit together and stuff, haha.

Btw, since you're playing a more defensive build in that fitting Ren, you'd probably want to use the Dissolution Sequencer. It's a super powered anti-ECM subsystem. Yah, Loki tank can get pretty huge. More-so when compared to its sig radius, which also strongly affects tanks. Also, the only reason you have to get closer with your tank Loki fit is because you're not using Barrage M. 90 was using Barrage M, which takes the falloff from 30km to 44km.

I used Phased Plasma because Barrage would drop the DPS by a lot too. But this is nowhere near the way I'd fit my Loki. I don't want to use my Loki for PvE in the first place. That was just a little laugh at how it can get such a ridiculous tank with under 150 sig radius. My fit had 6 turrets, double web, warp disrupter and a neut on it.

HAHAHA, OH FUCK! Your ships are flying backwards too! So good.

Yah, fuck the t2 rigs. Those are mostly for show, really. Sell your old unused subsystems, bud. Just underprice them a bit and they'll go super fast. No reason to keep those subsystems right now. You need time to get used to a single Loki fit first, really.

at my current skill level, this is what i can do with my thorax (after getting ym T2 blasters)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae321/INSANE-O-FLEX/Thorax-NewSetup1-1.jpg

before that, i had one less tracking enhancer, but i also had an 800mm armor plate and a trimark armor pump. is it a good idea to trade neutrons for 3k armor hp?

Not on a PvP Thorax, no. PvP Thorax needs enough HP to survive getting shot once while it closes with a massive sig radius MWD. Generally on the PvP build you want 1x 800mm plate if possible, Ions, and 1-2 Trimarks w/1 exp res pump or w/e.

This is probably for PvE, though. If it's for PvE you can just go all out damage, yah. Neutron II x5 + 3x Magstab + 2x TE + MWD + Web + Cap Recharger + PG Rigs/Damage Rigs. It's important to keep in mind, though, that you could always potentially equip a metastasis adjuster and collision accelerator while using Ions and get almost Neutron level damage with Electron level tracking. Just in case that way uses less PG than this way. Idk if you get my drift or not, but sometimes you can save space using smaller weapons with the right rig buffing instead of having to go for PG/CPU saving rigs to equip bigger weaps. Sometimes the bigger weaps are better, tho.

Honestly, tho. It's fine for PvE.

You can do interesting stuff whenever. If it's interesting it should be easy to get people to stop doing the same thing over and over and do it instead. Just tell people like 90/noob what you want to do here in the thread and set up a time and you can do it.

If it's PvP you want you'll have to wait a bit longer. I plan on starting up some PvP practice later on this month, tho.