Comics, Manga, and Graphic Novels

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean in those scans I posted about Worlds' Finest? Yeah it's the damn art. His art makes them look way more lesbian than it should. It's especially jarring because in the comic itself there's another artist they get to handle flashbacks and stuff, and it doesn't look/feel anywhere near alike. I mean its the same fucking writing, so it's clearly the art that's skewing things.

I really have a problem with George Perez' art, now.

Also yeah it's confirmed that one of them is at least bisexual, probably straight (Power Girl) because she boned down Mr. Terrific in his comic, and they touched on the subject here. Also, she's mentioned before that she likes dating, or something. I forget the exact line but it was in issue #3. Huntress idk, since it's never come up.

MANGA EDIT: I changed the title so that we can talk about manga here instead of having to make a seperate topic. We might as well, since like all of us who read comics prolly read manga too.

There's a new Team Medical Dragon out on mangareader, if anyone follows that. It's a fantastic manga that's totally worth reading. I want to say mangastream also put out a new Hajime No Ippo, so that's worth reading as well.

We might as well, since like all of us who read comics prolly read manga too.

That's presumptuous. You're presummptuous.

I haven't read any manga in a while. Last thing I was reading was the Yu-gi-oh and I can't find any website that has all the volumes. Always chunks missing here and there.

I only need two comics which I'll get tomorrow. Unless I wanna get caught up on shit I missed. Then it's like... 20 13 comics.

Edited by Jackson Lacey

I have never heard of Doll or Junji Ito. What are these two manga about?

Fuck yu-gi-oh though, the show sucked ass and I'm not willing to give the manga a chance. I didn't even know there was a manga but yeah fuck that.

Lemme see here, to list what I read, that's currently going...

hard copies:

One Piece

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon

Black Lagoon (I think it just barely came back from hiatus)

online but would buy if I could:

Bartender

Berserk (I need to start collecting these since I didn't know I could buy them until like 3-4 months ago)

Team Medical Dragon

Hajime No Ippo

Onihime VS

Kimi No Iru Machi

Arms Peddler

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Stuff I read online but would never pay for:

Fairy Tail

Naruto

Bleach

Freezing

Fuck yu-gi-oh though, the show sucked ass and I'm not willing to give the manga a chance. I didn't even know there was a manga but yeah fuck that.

Ya, the yugioh anime is pretty bad but without it I wouldn't be playing the card games.

There's actually the original manga and anime, which were really not about card games but instead the whole shadow game gimmick. Slightly more interesting when Seto was actually trying to kill the gang. Actually overall the manga has more violence in it. Still not worth it, though.

The only ongoing I've been reading is Kodomo no Jikan, which I'd advise everyone to stear clear of. I used to read Bleach but I started after Hueco Mundo saga and I didn't keep going.

whoa whoa whoa Onihime VS?

Yeah it's like the 2nd best story that guy is written, imo. Unbalance x Unbalance I enjoyed as well, although the ending was rushed. Onihime VS is pretty stereotypical stuff, sure, but it's a bit different from the rest of his trash and it just isn't as offensive a story as the rest. Freezing would almost qualify but it always manages to remind you that it's just not very good. I think too that Onihime VS is written more as a comedy story which I like. Oh and the main hero, although he's a typical sissy shounen with big titty hoes living with him, isn't nearly as pathetic personality-wise as they tend to be. Oh and I like that the white princess swings uses a tetsubo.

Ya, the yugioh anime is pretty bad but without it I wouldn't be playing the card games.

The only ongoing I've been reading is Kodomo no Jikan, which I'd advise everyone to stear clear of. I used to read Bleach but I started after Hueco Mundo saga and I didn't keep going.

Yeah, if you like the game that might alter your opinion on the show and/or manga. I can't hate on that logic.

For everyone else, don't bother with Kodomo no Jikan, unless you're a pedophile. No joke. Even the Japanese have problems with that manga and its had all kinds of legal issues.

Fuck Bleach. Terrible story, great art. The art doesn't warrant reading it though, but it's free and I've read the rest so screw it I'll finish it.

I couldn't get into Gantz. I don't know why. I really liked the art but yeah...the story didn't grab me. :(

Guess I should check it out then, I was rather surprised that Freezing got it's own anime at all and that Onihime VS has a North American release. Speaking of Korean artists. What do you guys think of the Korean Webcomic boom?

I think Gantz is going to end with them fighting Alien Fetus Jesus.

Guess I should check it out then, I was rather surprised that Freezing got it's own anime at all and that Onihime VS has a North American release. Speaking of Korean artists. What do you guys think of the Korean Webcomic boom?

I don't remember Onihime VS being out in NA release. I just checked Amazon real quick too and didn't see it here?

I don't know anything about the Korean webcomic boom. Sorry. I know they had a real good scary comic that got a lot of attention several months ago, on comic sites. It was a one-shot, really cool.

I'd prolly buy Onihime VS if it had an NA release.

I'd at least consider it, haha.

Go read One Piece, it's like some of the best writing you'll ever see in any medium.

I saw Onihime VS at the Barnes & Noble awhile back. That was about a year and a half ago or something.

Korean Webcomics are taking off big time. Its turning out to be the medium of choice nowadays, everyone from amateur to full blown pros are jumping in on the format. Apparently in Korea you can read the stuff for free and the artists get paid by the websites. I've found some decent stuff but most of it pretty much relies on established niches.

Bah there is an article about it..http://mangabookshelf.com/blog/2010/07/26/an-introduction-to-korean-webcomics/

I found out about them because there were some posted on mangareader. They are generally full color and I think the ones I read are actually from the same artist except for one or two.

I kept hearing about One Piece being the one out of the Shonen Jump series to have the better story compared to Naruto and Bleach. But saying it's a good story overall changes my interest.

One Piece is one of the best written fiction stories I've ever read. Especially for an on-going manga. I imagine Keanu would say the same, and I believe he's pretty well-read, too.

Assuming Keanu even comes around anymore.

I'm definitely going to check out the link you put up this weekend. I won't have time til then but it sounds interesting.

Naruto was good in the beginning, it just went to shit because the author didn't really grow with the story, and he's pretty bad at making stuff up on the fly.

Cow Boy was great but I wish it had been the whole story. There have to be more volumes coming down the pipes.

http://cowboycomic.net/

There's the whole story that's in the book. The book also has a few one or two page stories by other people between chapters. I guess we'll hear sometime whether there's going to be any more to the story.

I have never heard of Doll or Junji Ito. What are these two manga about?

In Dolls, the idea is that due to massive immigration and other population problems, crime has hit an all time high and all the prisons are full. So a new controversial act (the ROT act I think they called it) was passed so that the murderers still on the street could be tried and convicted before they've been caught. And along with that a new police force of a few, highly skilled individuals are trained to hunt and kill these convicted felons still on the loose. Some people see them as keepers of the peace, others see them as "Dolls", emotionless killing machines, and so they hunt after these special units when they're on duty. And so far the story takes place from the perspective of the first brigade of this new force.