Sony Smash Brothers

supplice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just picked this up, and I really dig it. Lots of fun with four people in the room. It seems unbalanced as shit, but every character brings something different to the table so they're at least worth trying. My only real complaint is the level designs. They're mediocre.

It's somehow similar to, yet very different from Smash Bros. Almost in the way that each SSB is different from the others.

It goes on sale frequently. I'd recommend grabbing it even at $40.

I tried this at a friend's house, it's not as great as a smash bros, but it can get very entertaining to play, I like how every character is a completely different deal, and well, I didn't feel as if I was playing smash bros while playing it, so hey, that's a good thing, right?

As I've played through it more, I've found there's an actual fighting game underneath everything. Like with all the combos of varying length and such. In that regard, I think it lends itself as much to 1 v 1 as it does to four player FFAs. With a lot of players in there it plays more like SSB because you simply don't have the freedom to dive in and wail on one person uninterrupted. I never found SSB to be all that fun 1 v 1. It's good now and then, but I wouldn't play like, more than three matches of it in a row that way.

I like it better than both Brawl and Melee. OG SSB is god tier though.

Also, to my earlier comment on levels, I'm kinda starting to like how some of them change around frequently.