Dark Souls II

Kaleidoscope

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always the risk, sure. That's neither here nor there, though. His post is terrible, has nothing to do with what you are alluding to, and you are a terrible person for trying to justify that post.

Shame on you. Shame.

http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/124834220891386147_qB6AhuHC_c.jpg

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I'm excited about this game or not, honestly. It looks great, but I haven't even played Dark Souls yet. Demon's Souls might be the only game of this type I need, haha (I'm pretty ignorant to the differences).

The level designs, use of torches, and stuff busting down walls to get at you seem really cool though. I think those are completely new for the series? Oh, and axes to the face are always good, too.

Demons Souls to Dark Souls definitely wasn't a rehash. Dark Souls I to Dark Souls II most likely will be to a certain extent, but that is a great thing, because Dark Souls' formula is among the best I've ever seen out of the all time greats in games.

Not to mention I feel like they have captured some of Demon's Souls personality in this one so it may end up being more enjoyable from a PvE standpoint.

Yeah the level design makes me agree there. DS1 was great to explore and run around in. DS2 was garbage outside of MP. I'm hoping DS3 will be more like DS1.

I actually liked Dark Souls world more as far as exploring goes. The only exception is Blighttown with the frame drops. My experience with Dark Souls is in every way better for me. The only thing I wished they implemented was a way to delevel, but more directly, unlike in Demon's Souls.

I agree with Owen.

From what I have watched so far, I am glad that backstabs is no longer to go-to way to kill every human sized enemy. The way the turtle-backed monster drops backwards was pretty funny. It also seems dual wielding is finally usable again, as you can perform combos. Overall, I like what I see so far.