719 replies to this topic

#1 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • PSN ID:Fulgent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Hey, if your wondering why I haven't made any manga in a while, its because I've been working on game development and art for it plus my freelancing job. Play it and tell me whats up with it.

Mobile size: http://franco.netau....burstblade.html

Desktop size: http://franco.netau....BladeHDdemo.htm

You have to wait a few seconds for the level to load, so the character is invisible during that time.

The keyboard controls mapped to the on screen GUI is z- red button, spacebar - blue button, x - silver button. Arrow keys for directional input. For the icons at top, the guy with sword, press to change your characters shooting direction. The bubble toggles attacks for the red button. Blue button is basic attack. Silver button + arrow key is boosted movement. Silver alone is native move.

Any feedback is welcome. The characters in this game use the moveset of the charcters from a comic I made late last year.

Said comic:
http://imgur.com/a/RJskR#0

Here is a page of other possible characters that might be in the sequel, with 2-3 being selected from this list, boosting the number of playable characters to 4 or 5. The characters at the top left are definate selections. For the 5th, it will be a dragon most likely.
http://s20.postimg.o...w_Designs52.jpg

The lineart which will be the basis for the sequels character screen.
http://s20.postimg.o...19/New_Hero.jpg

I say the gameplay is like a 2D version of Armored Core/Dark Souls. I'd say the graphics style is based off old genesis Sonic games and Megaman X games from the Playstation X time.

Dayum, it's been almost a month less of 2 years since I've last posted in this forum.

#2 OLDER BALDER FATTER SLOWER

You're a daisy if you do

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

I haven't checked the game but you put in some work on that comic huh. Haven't gone through it all so I can't comment on writing or general impressions, but at first glance it looks good. Very clean lines, which is nice.

#3 Donald J. Trump

[MAGA] Mr. President

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

I'll have to check this later my internet is being fucky.

Posted Image

#4 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,192 posts
  • PSN ID:Gentleman_X

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

ditto im very eager to look at this but I think I will tmw instead cuz I got home way too late tonight

I mean beyond the comic I opened that up at least

Fanfic: The Return of Owen, A Cold Day in Hell, Armored Core: Hachi-No-Ki , why i hate acu
[SoD]

View PostBakuhatsu Pengin, on 15 December 2016 - 04:53 AM, said:

TALL AND TAN AND YUNG AND LOVELY

#5 Mom

Your Colon: ETA 0m0ss

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts
  • PSN ID:TMRaven

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

THE DICK DRAGON IS BACK.

That comic looks pretty good, good stuff.

#6 Donald J. Trump

[MAGA] Mr. President

• Veteran
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

I wonder if you ever gave Mangus the dragon dick Owen.

Posted Image

#7 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

facebataraxis: Thanks, took me a good part of the summer to make that comic.

BishopMushroom: Tried to make the comic cool.

Top Notch Cock: Where? LOL I need a screenshot of the part of the game your talking about. That dragon is never gonna live itdown.

Theres like 5 different dragons in the game so far, the warrior, the sidewinder, the horn dragon, the flamer, and a robot dragon in the second level if you click on the screen with the mouse instead of hitting enter when "mystery level" appears on screen. The early enemies are just gargoyles whos graphics I gotta redraw.

This reminds me, I have a penchant for unfortunatley named or unfortunate looking characters. My first being a horned lizard called "Horny" back in 5th grade. I was still fresh from south american and had learned english like two years before, and read science books about animals, so I only knew the defination of horny as "something covered in lots of horns." At school, you can imagine the laughter when people turned the page to see a character named "HORNY". Somebody finally explained it to me and I changed his name to "Spikey". There was also "Stalker" and another I can't remember, I still have that character book I made, I should give it a scan and upload it for poops and giggles.

Edited by Fragrant, 13 August 2014 - 10:31 PM.

#8 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

u think owen slipped him the double d

fragrant I'm reading this comic now I just made some coffee so I should be able to get thru some of this tonight

ur art's improved even more my guy good work

is english ur first language?

ur paneling is excellent might be the thing you do best imo

also the ogre dood is my favorite i like him

oh and dual bolton was super cool, so basically I liked bantro and DB, I didn't like the main guy so much I like his outfit at least, the girl was okay but the other two were cooler to me and showed more personality

k i finished, yeah ur panelling is great, seems you got a real knack for it, layouts, page design, the whole shebang

definitely keep us informed if you do more of this

gave this 5 stars off the strength

Fanfic: The Return of Owen, A Cold Day in Hell, Armored Core: Hachi-No-Ki , why i hate acu
[SoD]

#9 Bakuhatsu Pengin

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD ROUND-EARTHER

• Veteran
  • 2,350 posts
  • PSN ID:8==D
  • LIVE ID:8==D

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:21 AM

i like

Posted Image

#10 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

@BishopMushroom Thanks for the review. I'll be making more comics when I'm financially stable or after I moved. Spanish was my first language, I learned english late in elementary school after coming here from South America. Over there, the teachers are hardcore and hit you im anyway possible if they even think you misbehaved, lol. Just at the drop of a pin.

Bakahatsu Penguin: Thanks. I wanted to know if the game is too hard or if its easy to kill the dragons?

#11 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

if you ever need someone to proofread things let me know I'm more than willing to help

[SoD]

#12 SUMERIAN BLOOD GOD

Spiritually Brolic

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • PSN ID:TheRavenous

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

I feel like all my attacks are too weak? I drained a whole energy bar and only killed like 3 dudes.

Posted Image

View PostPenguin Deus, on May 9 2010, 07:13 PM, said:

I bet part of the outcome would be unimaginable amounts of women being both pregnant and dead simultaneously.

Penguin Deus said:

I was looking at ice cream and thinking about Gucci Mane.

View PostJackson, on 06 November 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Ninety is extremely tsundere.

#13 Mom

Your Colon: ETA 0m0ss

• Veteran
  • 2,413 posts
  • PSN ID:TMRaven

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

git gud skrub

#14 Donald J. Trump

[MAGA] Mr. President

• Veteran
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

BishopMushroom: Thanks for the help. I'll let you know when I make another.

SumerianBloodGod: Which character did you use and what attack was it? The red button has six different attacks to toggle through using the orb icon at the top of the screen, which reminds me, I have to make better icons for each attack.

Some attacks for the Knight don't get their full drain until impact with the enemy, the more enemies, the higher the drain, making those attacks bad for groups but good for single targets with high hp.

EDIT: The games been updated, lessened the active drain of the first special attack and increased the ultimate attacks active and usage drain{The Fire tornado as some call it, lol.}

Edited by Fragrant, 14 August 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#16 OLDER BALDER FATTER SLOWER

You're a daisy if you do

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

On the comic:

My comment about your clean lines still stands, and your style in general works well. It looks like you've set the majority of it to a level where you can draw comfortably and efficiently, as I felt you broke out a bit on a couple spots and added extra details (e.g. the panel where Bantro says "Good, I like fighting"). If I'm right, I definitely think that's a good move.

I agree with PD (BMT) on your paneling; it's very well done. Your pacing is pretty good overall, you had good tension building, the plot was comprehensible and effectively carried out, and the setting and characters in general are interesting with some pretty clever ideas going on. The dialogue is straight forward and gets the job done. I felt like I chuckled at appropriate times.

On the game:

It runs smooth for the most part, though it got a little sketchy when I was using the Knight's dash skill (gotta go fast). Also, I felt like my normal attack was pointless. Actually, attacking in general seems kind of useless. I made my best progress by using the Knight and just airwalking (which I enjoyed doing) through and dodging as much as I could. Tbh right off the bat there I'm feeling like those dudes that spawn should be dying to like 2-3 sword swings but even using attacks with my special meter they're taking way more. Also I'm not digging that it takes special meter to charge my sword and then once charged it takes special meter again on top of the charge to attack with it.

Movement is good and the attacks seem neat.

#17 Pie

im a slutt n my namae is pei

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • PSN ID:Pky687
  • LIVE ID:Py687

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Comic is great

Game is rough

Personally, I would love to see more of the comic. The story and light humor appeals to me.

Posted Image

#18 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Everybody: I updated the game mechanics so that by default, energy regain is fast instead of having to manually increase its speed, now like in AC, you can dodge and do something else while you wait a few seconds for your energy to fill up. I left the attacks at the same cost sincei t would make sense for them to be drainy if your energy is always refilling at a quicker rate. No more snail speed regen. I've also updated the initial enemy's graphics, which I've been meaning to do for quite a while. No more placeholder graphics, it just got it's actual look, a stone gargoyle statue that drags itself around and shoots energy bolts. The dragons will take a little longer to remake their graphics

facebataraxis: Yeah, you are right, I did use an efficient method for most of it, only breaking out in some points for emphasis. Yeah, I made sure the story had build up before making it, before that, most of my stuff was all over the place or a bit confusing, like that old webcomic I had. I'm glad it was entertaining, I put a lot of effort to make sure it would be interesting and have some funny moments.

Siri: Thanks, glad you liked it, I'm hoping to make a new webcomic eventually, when I'm financially secure, since comics for me, take a lot of time and effort to make at this quality. After the game is done, I have to focus on working for a while, until I have enough money saved up to be able to pursue both.

Edited by Fragrant, 17 August 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#19 Fragrant

Forum Regular

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

Updating the graphics the game every 2 days. Same link in the OP to see.

Screenshot of the updated sprites:
http://s20.postimg.o.../BB_regraph.jpg

#20 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

you're the man

[SoD]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users