Modern Warfare 2

Bakuhatsu Pengin

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol not surprising. I've had urges to do the same following a couple of rounds where faggots were clipping through buildings because they were lagging so hard, yet the game read 3 or 4 bars for everyone in the room, including me. That and my fucking boolits aren't registering when they pass through dudes' livers, hearts and faces.

Anyways, here are the official 1.09 patch notes:

We've updated the PS3 & Xbox 360 version of Modern Warfare 2, including the following fixes:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.

- Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.

- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.

- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.

- Fixes to prevent various XP hacks (including the prevention of negative XP)

Note to PS3 Player: The PS3 still needs to receive one additional fix, regarding the infinite care package exploit which is going out today (Feb 16th 2010). EU Players should be receiving it first, with Sony NA going out later.

soooo.. uhh yeah its the exact same as 1.08.... why did i waste 5 minutes DLing it again?

EDIT: i think ive been sniping a little too much... i tried to use something rather than a sniper today and i was totally sucking ass. 50cal red tigger looks sexy as hell tho ;)

Edited by noob

So I haven't picked up MW2 for about a month and a half but I've surprisingly done verily well. My first couple of rounds I got over 10 kills and less than 10 deaths which for me is a good day especially after a hiatus. I've been doing what Chodi is doing since I prestiged for the second time and used a sniper for most of the time.

-Intervention/FMJ

-M93raffica/Silencer

-Claymore

-Flash

-Sleight of the Hand Pro

-Stopping Power Pro

-Commando Pro

I'm no where near the best player and this works great for me even after the long period away. Btw, Chodi what sniper classes are you using for your 'sniper prestige'.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

WTF? WHAT THE FUCK? You can do that? What happens when you do?

No. you can't.

I think he forgot a "/" in between those.

As for snipers, I seem to do equally well with the Barret and Wazoo, so I have a hard time deciding which one I like more. But I think I'm starting to lean toward the WA, may not get the OHK as reliably, but the increase in headshots is so very satisfying.

Edited by Griffon

noob's right. Marathon, on the other hand is much better IMO, so that way people can't run away, or get enough distance to start comfortably aiming, like say, at your feet. Magnums reload fairly quick on their own, and you can't ADS so SoH isn't that useful anyway even pro.

I'd recommend swapping Lightweight for either Stopping Power or Hardline. Maybe Cold Blood, but personally I LOVE enemy Harriers when I have a shield. Get yourself in a corner where it can see you, crouch, and just keep the shield pointed at it. It'll usually stay aimed at you the whole time, letting you rack up the points and keeping the rest of your team safe from it. You have effectively stolen their Harrier to benefit YOU in every way. Attack Helis and Pavelows are ok too, but they'll probably give up shooting you after a couple bursts and move on.

Edited by Griffon

Marathon, on the other hand is much better IMO, so that way people can't run away, or get enough distance to start comfortably aiming, like say, at your feet. Magnums reload fairly quick on their own, and you can't ADS so SoH isn't that useful anyway even pro.

I'd recommend swapping Lightweight for either Stopping Power or Hardline.

Well, I put lightweight because I couldn't think of anything better at the time, and since this was on my friend's account a while ago (how I remembered my entire build I don't know.) but I was going to switch the .357s with TMP once I got high enough.

But thanks for the advice.

swap the magnums out for a tac knife USP/M9 then run SP on your second perk. 2SK at the close range plus teh tac knife to take advantage of the commando and the fast swap catches a lot of people off guard.

personally, i like riot shield classes better with C4, scav, and danger close. its like fishing

Literally, the only reason I put commando pro was for the ability to jump out windows to run after some annoying bastard with full hp.

that usually works 80% of the time, the other 20% deals with a semtex to the shield and me running close enough to him/her before it explodes to kill both of us

lets say you are playing domination. you are losing by 40 points but you have flags A and B. should you stick around the flag and defend it from cover, or should oyu run around like an idiot leaving hte flag undefended and lose it?

That situation is highly dependant on what the score is. If the game is still going fresh then I'm not going to bother with the 3rd flag and I'm going to do my thing holding middle ground so people don't grab B and so people aren't getting behind B unnoticed. If the game is coming to a close and you could still save it then yes you have no choice but to go for the 3rd flag. You don't have to straightup camp to not qualify as a fucking idiot. You just need to make smart decisions and know the limits of those decisions. If you are a hunter like I tend to do then you need to recognize how far is too far if covering 1 flag is what you need to do.

The difference between this game and the prior are the amount of places you can hide behind. Before you could hit a spot, take someone out and then you knew you needed to move. Before, you moved in the matter of "yards" while in MW2 a new hiding spot is withing feet of the last. Someone comes checking where you last killed them and they have to take into account the 5 other places within a small area you could be watching them for the next kill.

Another unmentioned flaw with this game: customizable kill streaks.

It's my personal opinion that the variety could have been retained by setting standard levels like in the previous game (3, 5, 7) while offering a choice for what occurs with each. It's a little unbalanced when someone gets a nuke off 10 physical kills. I understand it's modern warfare, but a nuke?

Some people don't learn from their mistakes though. There is no problem with going back to the same place. Problem is people will go about it in a way that is predictable. To really seperate yourself from the hunters and the feeders you need to recognize a situation where there is one. First rule is assuming they are ready for you. Second is have a plan. Whether that plan comes from experience of dealing with that situation or you have to think it up on the fly doesn't matter. If you just go in without a plan then you are setting yourself up to be a feeder. The biggest thing that would help you is simply being smart enough to throw a grenade in. Actually make the individual work for their kills. The idiots do the same thing each time. The key is mixing it up. And sometimes its just knowing when to not go in. There aren't very many places that can't be attacked in a variety of ways, but there are times when you just need to leave someone alone.

The SPAS 12 is the best of them, If you miss with a shotgun, you deserve to die

Spas is the most accurate of all the shotguns. If your aim is not on the money then you aren't going to find the Spas a very reliable killer.

SPAS is statistically the best, but it still has it's low fire rate problem which will probably get you killed if you run into more than one person at once who is at all competent. It's also very possible to get hit markers with it. It's not THAT strong and it really sucks when it happens.

Anyway, if you can do OK with the Ranger then you would probably like the AA-12. Use Scavenger to counter it's low ammo and you should be good to go.

The Spas reload animation can be cutoff. As soon as the pump is done, but before the weapon resets you can fire again. This speeds up the firing process enough.

Striker is my new favorite game. SO GOOD. I like it more than the SPAS, because I have such a bad connection that my SPAS misses more than half its shots.

Perhaps you are just terrible Hated...nah I kid.

just tested spas 12 with and without grip. grip DOES NOT tighten the hip spread of the shotgun (it never did, not even in cod4)

what grip does do though is it decreases the delay time between shots by a noticeable amout (but a small amount) and of course decreases the recoil

Spas 12 doesn't show the grip really helping out until you get beyond half its range. The grip does help. Check your spreads again.