Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the look of Amazon (US) They're releasing ACV on 31st December. What is going on? If 3rd January release is true, it will be a bit of a kick in the teeth for the Japanese players thinking that they'll have the upper hand in dominating most of the territories by getting the game before the rest of the world.

Then again, it probably extactly what they want.

Edited by South Q

You know what I keep forgetting that NAMCO bandai NAMCO is the one publishing the game.

They're official site does not have a release date yet. So lets all just calm down about this early release date thing.

Or as my fraternal grandmother says, "CALM YO'SELVES!"

True, I have checked, but still...you have no idea where gaming sites get their sources on early release date, hell! Even Amazon (US) is dispatching ACV on the 31st of December.

True, I have checked, but still...you have no idea where gaming sites get their sources on early release date, hell! Even Amazon (US) is dispatching ACV on the 31st of December.

I know, I pre-ordered it.

Well, let's see. If those who pre-ordered get the game early...

Ah right. UK amazon states that it's coming soon.(which reminds me, I need to preorder it but I may wait till there's more release info and possible shop exlusive content) Still, no idea where some sites slating the 3rd of jan release. Edited by South Q

Well, Sega is publishing Armored Core V in Japan but Namco Bandai for America and EU. (not surpised as Namco Bandai has been quite busy with the publishing games to America/Europe, even got themselves a lawsuit with the Witcher 2 Developers which they have won quite recently)

I tweeted Namco Bandai's Twitter concerning the release date, however I'm not sure I will get an answer but it is something.

EDIT: Okay, I'm calling Shenanigans now. Release date for ACV in UK is also the 3rd of January according to IGN. Then again, It could be an poor coding on their part as US release date and pricing is missing - that and majority of the games release on a Friday.

http://uk.xbox360.ig...tml?about_tab=6

Edited by South Q

Having an AC game release in the states (or anywhere but Japan) first would definitely be a little odd. If that were to happen, I'm pretty sure AC:V would be the first to do such a thing. So I can understand the skepticism of such a release date. Edited by Mechadon