Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it did they just recalled it due to all the beta testers were apparently taking their final exams at the same time they were testing out the particle affects of the moonlight and karasawa weapons. Epileptic seizures were reported at alarming numbers and they had to push the game back for further development and promising free fixed copies of the game with artbook, headset etc etc as consolation or $100 dollars cash. (They felt giving them greenbacks would make them forget that US currency isn't worth 1000 times more than Yen.

It kinda feels like that at this point the game has so much of what I wanted in the game in the first place I just want it to come out so I can actually get bored of it.

Man.......... I'm getting goosebumps like when an epic movie is about to start when you're sitting in a top class cinema.

New AC frames ( new looks I mean ), New weapons, new AC defense and projectile concept, Territories, Teams up to 20 members, Hard hitting Turrets, EMBLEMS! CAN'T IGNORE EMBLEMS....

Only two months away, not that long a wait, not for me anyways.

As for UI, I don't know if anyone notice the targeting circle, the lower corners have AP and EN gauges in case you need to keep track of them, otherwise you just rely on the AI's report. Having a clean screen is really something new to me and probably everyone here regarding AC fights, but I'm assuming it won't take long to get used to it and guess when your getting hit hard... especially if you tend to pilot a certain AC too often.

Man.......... I'm getting goosebumps like when an epic movie is about to start when you're sitting in a top class cinema.

New AC frames ( new looks I mean ), New weapons, new AC defense and projectile concept, Territories, Teams up to 20 members, Hard hitting Turrets, EMBLEMS! CAN'T IGNORE EMBLEMS....

Only two months away, not that long a wait, not for me anyways.

As for UI, I don't know if anyone notice the targeting circle, the lower corners have AP and EN gauges in case you need to keep track of them, otherwise you just rely on the AI's report. Having a clean screen is really something new to me and probably everyone here regarding AC fights, but I'm assuming it won't take long to get used to it and guess when your getting hit hard... especially if you tend to pilot a certain AC too often.

I'd like to hear what Niji and Noob have to say about the UI since they are the only ones here that at least to my knowledge have actually been playing the game.

Heh and here I thought I was gonna be saving money this year. Looks good though. Should be fun to come back to :(

I'd recorgnize that name anywhere. Verashiden was Mr. 6th sense of Hi-laser weapons.

How've you been?

And DEFINATELY a game worth coming back to.... well honestly it doesn't matter to me if it turns out less or more than what I expected, I'm still going to have loads of fun just because it's Armored Core and I get to spend hours on a single AC.

It's gonna take way more than a mindless machine calmly telling me I'm in a scan mode to loose my temper :(. Namely whiny kids who scream hacker and noob everytime they die, though honestly I find the being called noob after killing someone rather humorous.

Seriously though, I'd rather have the new scan mode system over the persistent radar considering how much I love to sneak around.

That's basically what I've trying to point out. No permanent radars means you can finally play hide and seek and actually sneak up on someone.... provided the operator doesn't blow your cover like they do in story missions.

Of course this also means that if the defence team has a sniper/sniper cannon camping somewhere it'll be very hard to spot and take out before he wipes out the entire offense team.

I wish missiles were a bit more dangerous/accurate than what I've seen in videos, and work at longer range, that way you'd have either a sniper support or a missile shower getting rid of invaders.... or both and let the defense turrets slow chew intruders to death.

Ah I don't think anyone's going to be that good with the sniper cannon, it's got a pretty good drop and it will be hard to track the quicker AC's with it. Also staying in one position will not be recommended unless you've got a defensive post that is strong enough to defend itself. But having something like that happen would be pretty cool. I stated earlier how it would be bad ass if each AC was capable of carrying enough firepower to take out several opposing AC's which would also be dependent on the skill of the player and how comfortable they are with they're AC.

I think the missiles move at a good pace, it's a matter of positioning yourself for the best angle of attack. Plus we haven't seen all the missiles, so I'm still hoping for some spreaders or something about or around 7 warheads capable of being shot at one sitting, from different angles then high velocity straight shooters.

So is it confirmed that only tanks can use cannons?

All frames can use cannons, I guess your referring to if they can move with the large sniper cannons. Though as far as I can tell there still is no video featuring a tank using the sniper cannon. I believe Noob or Niji stated that the tanks can in fact move while firing the weapon. As to whether the other frames can at least perform some sort of skid while firing the weapon is yet to be confirmed.

It seems that the Quads have the single design most suited for accurate fire of the weapon due to the stabilizing spikes they deploy when in the firing position for the sniper cannon.

I for one am still curious as to whether we can fire the cannon from a different position (albeit with a significant draw back). It would be quite fun to have the ability to push your frame over the edge and risk some serious damage to yourself in order to pull off a crazy manuever such as firing the sniper cannon at point blank.

Well their are still the Overed Weapons, and I doubt we have scene the full extent of the variety of OW's we'll see in the game. We might even see an OW that bares a silhouette appearance to the trademark weapon of the AC. A high calibur cannon with impossible range and explosive damage potential the return of the Grenade Launcher in it's most destructive and toughest to use form yet. One can only dream haha.

Now that would be awesome. A single weapon that will wipe out all opponents in it's path, I think that's what the capability for the OW's in general might be. And given how the AC's move in this game, I'd say it really is a lot like bringing out the Queen in a chess match.

In a team vs team match the one carrying the OW is going to be one heck of a target. God I'm loving how much this game is turning to be a living chess match. That's why it seems so similar to Front Mission (not Evolved, the real Front Mission games) because it's got an appearance that blurts out obvious possibilities for real thinking players in a way that should be extremely approachable to new players while at the same time not sacrificing the potential near invincibility of the top tier players.

AH SORRY I TALK TOO MUCH!!

Edited by Ogawa L.A

Ah I don't think anyone's going to be that good with the sniper cannon

Speak for yourself, I'm going to be picking off entire teams with my sniper cannon. If you ever played battlefield you can snipe with bullet drop and fast moving target (helicopters and ATVs). ACs are also bigger targets so there's a lot more forgiveness with arching your shot. I was so excited when they showed the sniper zoom, I've always been a sniper user so watch out -_-

Speak for yourself, I'm going to be picking off entire teams with my sniper cannon. If you ever played battlefield you can snipe with bullet drop and fast moving target (helicopters and ATVs). ACs are also bigger targets so there's a lot more forgiveness with arching your shot. I was so excited when they showed the sniper zoom, I've always been a sniper user so watch out :wiggle:

I love fighting snipers unless I have no idea where they came from, sneak up on em from the shadows then UNLEASH HELL! Of course I've never played any game long enough to call myself an expert but I do feel quite satisfied with knowing I did a good amount of damage.

I usually go with a mid-range versatility build in every game I play so to a lesser extent I have everyone's weaknesses...OTL

Ah I didn't notice the Quad AC firing the Sniper Cannon in that vid. It's at 2:52, the cannon is extended while not in the prone position, Which I guess makes sense for Quads since that was the case in earlier games, they just can't fire while in flight. I can't tell if that's the case now though.

All frames can use cannons, I guess your referring to if they can move with the large sniper cannons. Though as far as I can tell there still is no video featuring a tank using the sniper cannon. I believe Noob or Niji stated that the tanks can in fact move while firing the weapon. As to whether the other frames can at least perform some sort of skid while firing the weapon is yet to be confirmed

I meant cannons, as in back cannons from the PS2 AC games.

I meant cannons, as in back cannons from the PS2 AC games.

Back mounted, fire from back weapons are aesthetically dead. But as I stated earlier, it is not clear as to whether or not these weapons reappear as Overed Weapons or as an especially powerful arm mount.

The sniper cannon for example is such a high caliber weapon that it's pretty much the grenade launcher without the added explosion radius. I think their might be more than one kind of sniper cannon or sniper cannon ammunition.

Also they were pretty damn powerful, Niji or Noob stated that the weapons can pretty much take out mid-weight AC's in two shots.

--------------------------

Sniper Cannon=Replacement for back cannons

so

No Back Cannons, you can proceed to weep because your girlfriend decided to dye her hair.

Way to misunderstand. Cannons= weapons that only tanks and quads can use without kneeling. Pre AC4 cannon mechanics. I know back weapons are gone, and shoulder weapons are the new thing. You still answered my question though, so thanks.

I was hoping to see a return to the PS2 cannon mechanics, but if FROM can balance out the harder hitting guns by needing a combination good stability, frame weight, being on the ground, or some other variable, then I guess it can work.